Motor swaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motor swaps

I know that the H22 is a popular swap, and there are a few others, but does anyone know what motors are the most popular to swap into accords? I'm about to do a swap that, as far as I know has never been done. I am do a manufacturer hybrid. I have another 94 Accord EX and I am going to swap a 2ZZ-GE into it. I know some of you dont consider it a fast car or whatever, but i want to do it to be different. Give me your opinion, i know its a lot of work and some of you may think it wont work, but i have faith. So give me your opinions, but no flaming. I dont flame anyone, so i would appreciate the same respect. Thanks
    1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
    4.0L I-6 2WD
    293k miles, still running strong.
    Freshly rebuilt transmission.

The 2ZZ-GE is actually a Celica GT-S motor, so it is FWD, the only real problem i forsee is going to be axles....
    4.0L I-6 2WD

Comment

hpoe your good at welding a 4 link. seems like you would be opening a can of worms. later
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by CoPilot1
        I know that the H22 is a popular swap, and there are a few others, but does anyone know what motors are the most popular to swap into accords? I'm about to do a swap that, as far as I know has never been done. I am do a manufacturer hybrid. I have another 94 Accord EX and I am going to swap a 2ZZ-GE into it. I know some of you dont consider it a fast car or whatever, but i want to do it to be different. Give me your opinion, i know its a lot of work and some of you may think it wont work, but i have faith. So give me your opinions, but no flaming. I dont flame anyone, so i would appreciate the same respect. Thanks

I thought of doing an RB20 swap in my CB... For like a split second. Then I slapped myself.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
        Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
        NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

i know it may seems about a 10.5 on a 1-10 difficulty scale, but im up for the challenge...I know it will fit, only thing i have to weld is gonna be motor mounts. so, thats no biggie, i can weld now and am getting better with the mig welder every day(been practicing). The axles are gonna have to be custom, as is the exhaust. but i wanna do it. Being different is my main goal, i want something no one expects when i pop the hood. So that is all for now. I am on the search for all the goodies, you know, motor, 6spd tranny, wiring harness, ecu. Pics will arrive as soon as i get it going.
          4.0L I-6 2WD

Comment

the only two swaps in the world that has made me go "Holy, fucking, shit..." is a Three Rotor 20B into an AE86, and a four Rotor 26B into a white FD. That shit was fierce... IF you accomplish this, it will be added to my list.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Comment

i appreciate the props man, my goal, realistically is by next summer it will be bug free and painted., so we will see how it goes...
              4.0L I-6 2WD

Comment

i appreciate the props man, my goal, realistically is by next summer it will be bug free and painted., so we will see how it goes...
                God Speed

Comment

oh, and when i am done, teh motor, trans, wiring harness, axles and ecu will be up for sale..well, not when i am done, but when i get the 2ZZ stuff it will be for sale.
                  4.0L I-6 2WD

Comment

oh, and when i am done, teh motor, trans, wiring harness, axles and ecu will be up for sale..well, not when i am done, but when i get the 2ZZ stuff it will be for sale.
                    speeking of wiring, are you going to do the wiring for the new engine yourself?

Comment

hell no, im gonna get the stock wiring harness and trim what i dont need, then wire up whatever else i need
                      4.0L I-6 2WD

Comment

hell no, im gonna get the stock wiring harness and trim what i dont need, then wire up whatever else i need
                        lol

Comment

to add....i was once at a mercedes convintion and there was an old benz there with a built chevy 350. when the owner popped the hood, it wiped all the grins off the rich guys faces to see two red chevrolett valve covers. pretty funny. later
                          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

i bet that was a tight fit.... and i know that the 2ZZ will fit with plenty of room

and if this doesnt get me in a magazine, nothing will..........lol
                            Last edited by CoPilot1; 06-09-2005, 02:39 AM.
                            4.0L I-6 2WD

Comment

So, what is your budget for this build?

Comment

Working...
                              X