H22A Debacle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22A Debacle

Yesterday morning I headed out from Bristol, TN with my dad and a friend. We were going to Gloucester, VA to buy my new car. The trip up goes fine even though it is 420 miles long. We get to Colin's (HYBRID ACCORD) house, dick around awhile, drive the car, and eventually buy it.

1993 Accord SE coupe
    JDM H22A w/ manualy tranny swap
    Note: H series kicks the shit out of my old F22A4

Heading home, everything is fine. While hauling ass down I-64 my left rear tire blows out. Note: Virginia has such wonderful roads I'm still 300+ miles from home...oh joy. I dont have the tool to get the wheel locks off of the 18's and all I had was a donut anyway so I wasnt getting back home on that. Luckily, my buddy (who oddly enough got sick as all hell on the trip home and still feels like shit) has AAA, so we call them and they send a tow truck. Wrong damn kind...he cant tow me because of the rear flat and he cant pull me the other way because it would tear the front bumper off (Xenon kit). He calls another truck and said it would be there in awhile. 2 hours later the truck shows up with a bumbling moron for a driver. He proceeds to dick off and in a few minutes another truck shows up, this guy actually knows what the hell he's doing. We have no where to put my car and we need a new tire on a sunday...an 18" tire. We haul the car to a mall in Charlottesville,VA and leave it there for the night. We hull up in a Super 8 for the night and eat some hotdogs from the 7-11 across the street.

Sears is the only place that would have tires that big and is open on a sunday. Well fuck if they didnt have one that was the right size...I get 4 Kuhmo Ecsta's and we're off...finally. Everything goes well on the way home and we arrive at my house at 5:30PM.

Total trip time: 45 hours

Shit...
    Under Construction

Coupes weren't mean to be sleepers

H22power.com

It was worth it since you got a nice car! Blows outs are common.. nothing too serious.
    Adam - Retired OG member from '03
    2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
    2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
    2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

yeah the car is definitely worth it...but that was a long damn trip.

I also think my drop might be too low and the 18's might've rubbed.
      Under Construction

Coupes weren't mean to be sleepers

H22power.com

Comment

It's always something. Atleast no one was hurt and the car isn't fucked.
        My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

damn h22 accords!!!!!

take care of her for me!!!!
          H22A Coupe For Sale!

Comment

Working...
          X