More Problems Than I Can Afford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear about all the problems!

If you're going to spend $1000 to fix the F22A, a swap would probably be cheaper. Hell, the F22B DOHC is only about $800! If something breaks, upgrade

Comment

Oh I feel ya... I'm in the same boat, only my car is definately worth more than a grand! I just did all of that about a month ago!

My significant other complains constantly about the amount of money and time I spend on my "girlfriend". Every weekend its a new project. I've probably saved enough to buy 3 more CB7s in labor costs alone. Thank god for forums like these and DIY articles!

I say do it yourself or have someone give you a hand. I'd do most of that work for ya for the cost of a case of beer if you lived in AZ...

"Sticker this, censor this, ban this
      We got something to say!
      Police this, condemn this, damn this
      We'll be heard anyway!
      Middle finger is the flag that I wave when I'm silenced!" - MuDvAyNe, "Silenced"

Comment

Bring it to someone from cb7tuner with enough experience whos done their own maintenance on the car and pay them. That is if your cool with them doin it there on premesis fuck a shop theyll hold your car for weeks doin absolutely nothing but bullshit around.

Comment

Originally posted by hondagurlex21
          ...I am sad in my demise on one hand I wanna say screw it and just save money for new car and on the other hand I love my Honda. And will never let her go.

i know exactly how you feel. i'm gonna send the cb7 to the shop next week to change ALL the upper control arms, front ball joints, both axles, and install the rest of the Hyper Flex suspension kit. and i still have to get the bumpers repaired / repainted...and lthe list just keeps growing
          5.6L V8 32V DOHC
          JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Originally posted by hondagurlex21
            I take it in to get the seals and valve cover gasket replaced(JDMCB7 if your reading this sorry you had to drive my car while it was such a mess!!!)
            Correction.. you mean I had to take it in... Had a valve adjustment, new vc gasket and new plug well seals.

Anyone have an experience with bypassing egr on these cars? I'm thinking it will save us some money and perhaps give a little more power.

Also, anyone near Nashville that can change a speed sensor for it?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
              Sorry to hear about all the problems!

If you're going to spend $1000 to fix the F22A, a swap would probably be cheaper. Hell, the F22B DOHC is only about $800! If something breaks, upgrade
              $800 plus install... about $500 more if we're lucky. Living in apt sucks when it comes to having to do work to your car... even if I knew how to do the swap.

Comment

Originally posted by arrozburner
                thats what im saying...everyone local should have a meet at hondagurls house and bring your tools....there's alot of fixing to be doing...refreshments will be provided
                ^This doesn't sound like a bad idea at all.
                Yes I am very thankful to have Big Body for a man he is really helpful in my times of need like today when we all had to get up at 4 am to get the kids to the sitters,me to work,my car to trickett honda,then finally himself to work at around 8 am.

Comment

You have to keep in mind that its an old car and you have to put some money into it every now and then. You can go buy another car, but unless you buy something brand new, you will end up running into the same problems agian as you have with this one. Same thing if you just drop in another engine. It doesn't matter what car or engine you have, they will all need the EGR ports cleaned, new rockershaft seals, and timing belts. I say just bite the bullet and get the work done then you don't have to worry about it. Also, you don't have to do all this at once, just prioritize everything.....obviously the timing belt is probably the most important so get that and the rockershaft seals done, save a little money for a while then do the tires, save some more if you have to then the EGR ports and whatever else you have to do. Do whatever you can yourself to save some cash, not to mention the satisfaction and knowledge aquired from it too. These are great cars, probably the most solid and durable cars Honda has ever made, and they can last litterally forever if you maintain them properlly and take care of little issues like you are having now before they turn into big ones. but they are old and just need a little love here and there. Hey, if you lived closer to me I'd do it all for ya...I've brought alot of CB7's around here back to life. Anyway, good luck....
                  00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Originally posted by mrhonda
                    You have to keep in mind that its an old car and you have to put some money into it every now and then. You can go buy another car, but unless you buy something brand new, you will end up running into the same problems agian as you have with this one. Same thing if you just drop in another engine. It doesn't matter what car or engine you have, they will all need the EGR ports cleaned, new rockershaft seals, and timing belts. I say just bite the bullet and get the work done then you don't have to worry about it. Also, you don't have to do all this at once, just prioritize everything.....obviously the timing belt is probably the most important so get that and the rockershaft seals done, save a little money for a while then do the tires, save some more if you have to then the EGR ports and whatever else you have to do. Do whatever you can yourself to save some cash, not to mention the satisfaction and knowledge aquired from it too. These are great cars, probably the most solid and durable cars Honda has ever made, and they can last litterally forever if you maintain them properlly and take care of little issues like you are having now before they turn into big ones. but they are old and just need a little love here and there. Hey, if you lived closer to me I'd do it all for ya...I've brought alot of CB7's around here back to life. Anyway, good luck....
                    very true, ive probably replaced all of the usual maintance stuff except egr valve/ports so it should be running well after this distributor.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

need a speed sensor replaced or egr ports cleaned, bring it down to south florida and I'll do it for ya! you can chill at the beach while I do the work

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                      where you been, is something wrong?
                      i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Body LX
                        $800 plus install... about $500 more if we're lucky. Living in apt sucks when it comes to having to do work to your car... even if I knew how to do the swap.
                        Ah yes... I know what you mean there! When I had my H22 swap done, I still lived with my mom and stepfather. Now, they have a 2 car garage, but they refused to let me attempt the swap in the garage OR in the driveway. So I had to pay a shop that "knew what they were doing" $1750 to do it for me (the estimate was $500-$1000). Shops suck, but when you have no other choice...

If you have time, you could always rent a garage. It would be a bit cheaper than having someone professional do it.

Comment

Working...
                        X