Freezing gas prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freezing gas prices

Americans guzzle 65 billion gallons of fuel a year and lately we have been paying a pretty penny at the pump. NewsChannel 4 has done reports in the past on how to get the most out of your gas. Now we introduce you to a new way to save on those gasoline dollars.
    Check out the article here
    ~~~~~~~

hey im not complaining..its been down for a while...
    So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

Originally posted by nghtrydr23
      hey im not complaining..its been down for a while...
      I KNOW you didn't read the artice that fast
      check it out man it's very cool what he does to save gas
      ~~~~~~~

Comment

yea..havent we been cryo treating some engine parts for a while now?......seems to be a fairly well trained cryogenist. he can freeze and reasemble the engine..seems coool..i wonder how much it costs to dissasemble the whole h22 and have each part cryo froze..LMAO we should all invest in one of those machines.

BTW: from the inital link i thought people were freezing gas when the price dips....then thawing it and using it in their cars..LMAO
        Last edited by clarksterdotcom; 06-03-2005, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pwrusr
          I KNOW you didn't read the artice that fast
          check it out man it's very cool what he does to save gas

yeah i didnt read it...but i guess u said it the rite time..cus gas prices did go down and have been down for a whole in a constant price...and oh yea..i hade reading...i only read stuff on the forum that are short and have pics...hahah
          So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

Hmm.. quite interesting, but how much will it cost me?

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
            where you been, is something wrong?
            i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by clarksterdotcom
              yea..havent we been cryo treating some engine parts for a while now?......seems to be a fairly well trained cryogenist. he can freeze and reasemble the engine..seems coool..i wonder how much it costs to dissasemble the whole h22 and have each part cryo froze..LMAO we should all invest in one of those machines.
              I have a feeling that the process itself probably a good bit a change. taking the motor apart and putting it back together is fairly easy with the right tools and a honda shop manual in hand.

Originally posted by nghtrydr23
              yeah i didnt read it...but i guess u said it the rite time..cus gas prices did go down and have been down for a whole in a constant price...and oh yea..i hade reading...i only read stuff on the forum that are short and have pics...hahah
              You should read a little more man, the article was pretty good
              ~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
                Hmm.. quite interesting, but how much will it cost me?
                probably won't be cheap, but in the long run it will save alot of money
                ~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by clarksterdotcom

BTW: from the inital link i thought people were freezing gas when the price dips....then thawing it and using it in their cars..LMAO

LMAO i thought the SAME THING!!!!

that's awesome -- smart guy... 120mpg is killer

breathing is deadly underwater...

Comment

hell i would love to have a car that got 50 mpg. But truly the body on a 600K car would be shot five times. So what is the use of having an engine that could do that? thats why cyro cars wont be seen in public.

Comment

Okay, that article didn't explain how chemically altering the makeup of the metal in the engine would give you better gas mileage, and I don't know why it would.

As far as making things last longer, they will, if you treat them carefully. But if you put too much pressure on cryo'd parts they will snap instead of bending or warping. Both are bad, but one can send a lot more parts flying through your firewall.
                      -Jay

Comment

its a pretty good thought, but its gonna be expensive upfront, i def. know that. Eventually that is where we all need to be, either using that method or another user friendly environmentally safe method for a type of 'gas' that powers our transportation. Within our life time we will see the biggest battle and surge for fossil fuels, and sadly we may lose that battle very quickly.

On another note, gas has been really cheap around Vermont. Mobil is only charging 2.05 for regular, and a near by gas station is charging 1.99 full serve. So for now im not breaking the bank too bad.
                        Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

You guys suck gas is like 2.50 in southeastern wisconsin

Comment

That guy is a genius! I'm jealous.......my 24 mpg compared to his 120 mpg. Must be nice having to fill up only once every 2 months.

By the way, gas prices were as low as 1.87 here and I think they still are. Sorry about your 2.50

Midwest car club

Current rides:
                            91 accord lx (5spd)
                            92 accord lx (5spd)
                            93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

Originally posted by Bluejayde
                              Okay, that article didn't explain how chemically altering the makeup of the metal in the engine would give you better gas mileage, and I don't know why it would.

As far as making things last longer, they will, if you treat them carefully. But if you put too much pressure on cryo'd parts they will snap instead of bending or warping. Both are bad, but one can send a lot more parts flying through your firewall.
                              Same thing i'm thinking! I can't figure out how just re-organizing the molecules could do that. I mean i'd expect a little difference in mpg but a 150% difference!?!? Lets think logically. Lets say the metals surface at an atomic level is very course, porous and has lots of small pockets like a carpet that holds and traps the a/f mixture instead of burning it throughly. Well if we freeze the metal and the atoms glaze over and the surface becomes similar to glass then the a/f mixture is burned alot more thorughly but that still doesn't tell the ecu and fuel injectors to inject less fuel. Or maybe it doens't need nearly as much fuel to reach the same efficiency as it once had because so much more of the fuel is being burned. I can't think of anything other than that.
                              Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Working...
                              X