This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bb6=garbage

first off, yes, they look pretty. and if i didnt have my car, i would get one. but i never realized how slow they were. a couple friends, one with a 2000 white lude w/cai and one with a '02 base rsx raced. the rsx won by a car, and they both know how to drive, so thats not an issue. ive also raced the rsx, and i won by 5+ cars... i couldnt tell exactly by how much, but it was alot. all the races were from 0-90ish, basically through 3rd.

i knew the bb6's were heavy, but damn... theyre pushing the same 200 as a jdm h22a. i would think they would be able to keep up better than that.

The real enemy of those cars is the added weight. The BB4 is faster than the BB6. I still wouldn't mind one as they're excellent looking cars.

Comment

I love how the BB4's look like

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

with a curb weight of close to 3300 lbs on the SH, weight is def. a factor. I still like them a lot but they are just so dayam heavy.

Comment

i killed one of the new preludes with intake/header/exhaust. he had a 5 speed, mine's still an automatic.

also, my friend just bought a 98 Prelude and it doesn't feel anything like my car with the h22 in it.

it's strange..
          Adam - Retired OG member from '03
          2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
          2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
          2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

I still thinkg their pretty slick looking. Ive test drove one, and you can really feel the weight. CB's are much better suited for H22 powa!

Comment

Ahh, my cb7 was totalled and I was considering a 5th gen lude. But this thread makes me want to think that over. I guess I'll search for an 01 Integra GSR and see how that works out.

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti
                Ahh, my cb7 was totalled and I was considering a 5th gen lude. But this thread makes me want to think that over. I guess I'll search for an 01 Integra GSR and see how that works out.
                Their nice, just heavy. ON an upside, the JR supercharger kit fits just fine.

Comment

gsr beautiful car get an itr front lower rims go 5 lug if you want your set exterior wise now just slap on a turbo theres your go
                  Beast: Evo X
                  Daily: 93 Accord LX Wagon

Comment

I see a Prelude Type SH lised locally for 11,000 which isnt bad compared to the other prices for ludes in my area. Can a Type SH prelude be turbo'd? Will it mess up the ATTS system? I see a GSR also, but its about $15,000

Comment

I see a Prelude Type SH lised locally for 11,000 which isnt bad compared to the other prices for ludes in my area. Can a Type SH prelude be turbo'd? Will it mess up the ATTS system? I see a GSR also, but its about $15,000
                      IMO i wouldnt spend the money to boost anything that came with a stock H22. High compression=hardly any boost.

Comment

well, you know what you should do... get another cb and swap a h22 in it. you already have everything for the conversion, and labor will be cheap since its easy to do when the motor is out. itll cost you alot less and itll be faster than both the prelude and gsr.

Comment

Yea but there a good cb7 is soooooo hard to find Most of them arent even listed on the sites I search (autotrade, cars.com, carsdirect.com) because the fees to list it and a lot when compared to the price of the car.

Comment

Yea but there a good cb7 is soooooo hard to find Most of them arent even listed on the sites I search (autotrade, cars.com, carsdirect.com) because the fees to list it and a lot when compared to the price of the car.
                            find one in florida, get a flight here, and buy one. you don't have to worry about salt damage or rust. weather is always good here so you have no worries.
                            Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                            2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                            2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                            2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Hell have fury on a BB6. I like them way but they really do suffer in performance due to weight..and I think hands down the BB4 looks a little more modern I can really say I prefer the BB4s styling over a BB6 any day.
                              Henry R
                              Koni/Neuspeed
                              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Working...
                              X