Sneak Peak Under Construction Pics of my stereo Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneak Peak Under Construction Pics of my stereo Cover

Check it out, This is only the first layer, of a few more to go. I also have ALOT of trimming to do, to make this thing fit PERFECT!!! But it extends up to the doors for a flush fit when closed (and opened) and flows right into the subwoofer box. Im gonna make it real smooth, then wrap it in fabric (prolly suede) and do the door panels to match.

So what do you think?

with all that work.. why just 1 SUB.. lol.. its gonna look hawt but.. ur a showcar.. damnit.. put like 3 10's in there or something..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

i take it by this piont, you've devloped an immunity to the resin fumes
      it looks bad ass.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

looks awesome sir, nice curvature. you should get that speaker grille and block off the square hole across the front of the sub box...

or just leave it. definately gonna look hot when its done, make sure you wrap it in padding before suede, so it has some softness to it. sweet

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
          with all that work.. why just 1 SUB.. lol.. its gonna look hawt but.. ur a showcar.. damnit.. put like 3 10's in there or something..
          that one sub is a W7

Comment

yeah i know that.. but its still a showcar.. i mean.. its clean none the less.. im not a newb.. i know thats a W7.. and probably hits like a mother fucker if he has the right setup for it.. but.. meh.. i just think theres so much fiberglass work.. and only 1 sub..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

man have fun sanding and filling that... Looks good so far The finished producted should look real good.

Comment

Looks good man...but I have to agree with Wikked, theres so much space back there 1 sub just looks kinda funny. Why not spray the box black with the sparklies to match the outside?

Ive always wanted to do this with my car...maybe oneday, but I'll have 2-3 subs and the bottle back there.

Jay
                Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

Originally posted by akkordlayinkit
                  Looks good man...but I have to agree with Wikked, theres so much space back there 1 sub just looks kinda funny. Why not spray the box black with the sparklies to match the outside?

Ive always wanted to do this with my car...maybe oneday, but I'll have 2-3 subs and the bottle back there.

Jay
                  thats why my trunk is empty.. except some bottle that should be on its way. glass + box + speaker = too much weight for me.

lookin good though!
                  Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                  2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                  2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                  2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

i bet that w7 POUNDS! who needs 3 10's, looks good cant wait to seeit finished

Comment

Yeah, the W7 is pushing 1000 watts RMS at peak with a JL 1000/1. Im gonna sand that down, do another layer of glass, then sand that down too. After that, im gonna put a 1/4" layer of foam down to make it perfectly smooth, then the fabric will be laid on top.

Comment

sweet....very nice work..cant wait to see it completed. keep it up man....
                        [deevergote]" It's not the car that makes the ricer... it's the ricer that ruins the car!"

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
                          i take it by this piont, you've devloped an immunity to the resin fumes
                          it looks bad ass.

Yeah, I was driving the car last night and I was in heaven... (i dont think thats a good thing now, is it?)

Comment

Shoulda gotten a Resonant Engineering sub....

the fiberglass work looks sweet though... that'll look awesome..
                            --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

Originally posted by sothea_sun
                              that one sub is a W7
                              and..........??? where you going with that? Just curious.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
                              91 accord lx (5spd)
                              92 accord lx (5spd)
                              93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

Working...
                              X