Is it time to propose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it time to propose

Well a couple days ago my girl and I had our 1 yr anniversary together. Well to make the story short I got a big wrapped present In a 1 by 2 foot box. I had no idea what it was, thinking it was something stupid you know a present from your girlfriend. I was wrong. I opened the box and saw the blue label delta. Thinking no way this could be what i think it is. How the fuck did she know what a delta cam is. It blows my mind, she can't drive clutch but she can look into my eyes and see what I truely want. I think its time to propose.

if you feel the time is right man, go for it. if things are good between you two.. then just wait for the right moment.
    Adam - Retired OG member from '03
    2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
    2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
    2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

im married , its not evil... 6 years.. theres been the occasional fight but we been this far and we still love echother

i say go for it..

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
        i was married for 4 years and am now remarried lol..........but you WILL change and she WILL change, the question is will it be for the better........marriages that last usually have one person who doesn't mind giving all the time......there is a reason the divorce rate is now OVER 50%........it's a LOT of work though.....some people are meant for it and some aren't........money matters too.....without it, most can't withstand the stress of life
        True, the divorce rate is that high...but in the same...I do believe that some people were meant to be together. CBL says he thinks its time...even thinking like that is a big step, so something has to be right there.

For the record my dad told my mom he was gonna marry her, ON THE FIRST DATE...and they were married for 26 years when he passed away. There's no doubt in my mind it woulda been 36 this year.

Comment

shit man did u get a power saw?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
          "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
          "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

what kinda girl gives you delta cams for your 1st year together.

Abd yeah i think I should start looking at rings which will probably tale me awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by CBL

Abd yeah i think I should start looking at rings which will probably tale me awhile.
              Wow... that girl is a keeper...

You better scoop her up or else I'm sure some other car guy will...lol

Almost brings a tear to my eye...
              RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                no, marriage is evil

if you really think you'll get that type of "treatment" after marriage, you're really, REALLY wrong.........one year is nothing dude.......wait until it's 5 or so.....live together first.......in europe that's the norm most of the time.....people get boring, that's life.....
                agrred totally i was engaged (sp?) to my ex gf after well over 2 years and we cant stand being in the same room with each other and i could swear up and down i was gonna spend the rest of my life with her and be happy but i was sadly mistaken

"Tucking tires and wires."
                The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Crayola-r
                  im married , its not evil... 6 years.. theres been the occasional fight but we been this far and we still love echother

i say go for it..

Youve been married since you were 14???

Comment

LOL. No offense man, but 1 year of happiness isnt shit. I was in a relationship for about 6 years with one chick... the first year was awesome, the next 2 were a headache, and the last 3 were the most unhealthy relationship anyone could ever have. It takes alot longer then just a year to really see a person for who they really are, and what they are ultimately capable of doing.

So she listens to you, knows what you like, and bought you something for your car on your 1 year anniversary....big damn deal. The first year or so is always the greatest in a relationship... if it even lasts that long to begin with. Seriously, if you and I were close personal friends and you told me this, (youre contemplating marriage to a girl youve been with only a year) I would have to go buy some baby powder, dump the whole thing in my hand, and slap you.

If you and her are that great a couple, then whats the hurry? Why rush to put a label on your relationship?

Again, no offense.

Comment

if the time and moment is right then i would say go for it. I mean, if you two love one another and you feel that its the right time to purpose then by all means go for it. All my friends who are married, however, say that its nothing like what it was before marriage. They said that they had a lot more fun and were alot more happy before marriage, then they were after. Just think about all your options and then go with the best one
                      Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

All you cynical, jaded bastards have to admit that she did get him a totally awesome, thoughtful present...

I say wait to pop the question until she gets you the springs and retainers to go with it...

oh and you had better bust your ass to return the sentiment on the next big gift giving day... like go the extra mile to find out what you could do or get her that would surprise the shit out of her...
                        RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Originally posted by CBL

Do what I did..I got my gf a promise ring..on our one year. Just wait it out a couple years man.

Thats what Im doing
                          Henry R
                          Koni/Neuspeed
                          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by ZigenBallZ
                            All you cynical, jaded bastards have to admit that she did get him a totally awesome, thoughtful present...

I say wait to pop the question until she gets you the springs and retainers to go with it...

oh and you had better bust your ass to return the sentiment on the next big gift giving day... like go the extra mile to find out what you could do or get her that would surprise the shit out of her...

my girlfriend yelled at me when i bought springs and retainers oh's well, i still love her though.. good luck with ur relationship, its so nice to have someone by your side at all times no matter what, but its also a pain in the arse sumtimes when u just wanna be alone.
                            Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

My girlfriend drove 18 straight hours with me in an overheating shoebox that sat 2" off the ground. I always claim that's when I decided I was going to marry her. Of course, that decision was made long before. We were together 7 years before I proposed, and we have over a year to go before we actually get married.

Waiting isn't a bad idea, if you really do want to marry her. If you feel it's the right time, ask, and make sure you have a nice long engagement. 2-3 years will only make things easier, and you can save up longer (unless her parents have money... I know I'm paying for my own wedding!)

I agree that getting a Delta cam from your girl without telling her the specs, phone numbers, and providing the core was totally awesome. Probably not worth committing for life for just that reason, but definitely a sign that you're with someone that is in tune with what you like and care about!

The one thing I say you SHOULD do for sure is find out something important to her and do the same thing. Get her something that she thinks you know/care nothing about.

Comment

Working...
                              X