Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hydrolocked cylinders and trashed rotors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hydrolocked cylinders and trashed rotors.

So my dad drives a 97 explorer sport. and trashes the shit out of it, cause hes getting a new car anyways. He works a lot and doesnt have much time to care for it and frankly he doesnt really care (my dad and i are the opposite when it comes to cars). Anyways, his car goes into the shop for some work today and later on today we go back in to seee what has been done. Well, my dad hasnt gotten his oil changed in 30,000 miles, woo, thats a lot of miles and therefore the engine is gonna drop is 15k miles, the cylinders are going to hydrolock, the block is most likely going to crack and so on. The rear rotors have cuts into them from the caliber pressing on straight meta, theres about a centimeter of rotors left. The mechanic is shocked by all this, but isnt too surprised since he knows my father. Anyways, im glad my father is getting a new car in a month and guess what, the mechanic is buying the explorer off my dad for an even 500 cash. and oh yes the explorer has 208k on it and still runs strong, despite the problems it is having and will have.
    Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

that kind of abuse should be illegal

Comment

Originally posted by williamsvt
      So my dad drives a 97 explorer sport. and trashes the shit out of it, cause hes getting a new car anyways. He works a lot and doesnt have much time to care for it and frankly he doesnt really care (my dad and i are the opposite when it comes to cars). Anyways, his car goes into the shop for some work today and later on today we go back in to seee what has been done. Well, my dad hasnt gotten his oil changed in 30,000 miles, woo, thats a lot of miles and therefore the engine is gonna drop is 15k miles, the cylinders are going to hydrolock, the block is most likely going to crack and so on. The rear rotors have cuts into them from the caliber pressing on straight meta, theres about a centimeter of rotors left. The mechanic is shocked by all this, but isnt too surprised since he knows my father. Anyways, im glad my father is getting a new car in a month and guess what, the mechanic is buying the explorer off my dad for an even 500 cash. and oh yes the explorer has 208k on it and still runs strong, despite the problems it is having and will have.
      Ben if he was going to part it out I wouldve bought seats man..and the OHC..that sucks though shit. Hey at least its not your car hes abusing.
      Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
        Ben if he was going to part it out I wouldve bought seats man..and the OHC..that sucks though shit. Hey at least its not your car hes abusing.
        the seats have burned marks in them, haha, he treated that car like a pos. He even managed to scrape the tractor bucket on the hood. oh well, hes getting a volvo s40, so he better treat that thing with a little more respect.

Comment

Originally posted by williamsvt
          the seats have burned marks in them, haha, he treated that car like a pos. He even managed to scrape the tractor bucket on the hood. oh well, hes getting a volvo s40, so he better treat that thing with a little more respect.

He better be careful with that volvo. After having owned many, if you don't love them, they damn sure won't love you back.
          Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
          The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

The new S40s are just a restyled Focus.

I love Volvos, I miss my 88 240, and am still a member of VCOA.
            Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
            2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
            2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
            2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Is it just me or are Volvos, Mazdas, and Fords starting to look alike?

The focus doesn't really look similar, so I didn't include a pic... Those two seem to have strikingly similar lines though!
              Last edited by deevergote; 05-25-2005, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                Is it just me or are Volvos, Mazdas, and Fords starting to look alike?
                well its no surprised since mazda and ford have been working together for forever and a day now...

...never noticed the volvo connection - i see the lines, but it still manages to keep its euro-box feel (which i like)

yeah i really hope your dad doen't treat the volvo like that -- what a waste -- and that car will take it out on him , too

breathing is deadly underwater...

Comment

ben tell ur dad to get the 6 speed s40 R. its sick.

Comment

If I was going Volvo, I'd build a Volv8. Deever knows what I'm talking about.

Google Converse Engineering Volvo if you want to see some crazyness.

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
                      ben tell ur dad to get the 6 speed s40 R. its sick.
                      working on it! isn't volvo now a division of the ford motor group?

Comment

well, ford owns mazda. i think volvo and saab are together. i dunno, at the dealer near me, it is a land rover/volvo/saab thing going on.

Comment

Originally posted by ckyskater733
                          well, ford owns mazda. i think volvo and saab are together. i dunno, at the dealer near me, it is a land rover/volvo/saab thing going on.

is it just me , or are all car companies hooking up with echother and having ugly offspring?

Comment

i hope your dad treats his new car better...thats just unsafe to drive a car like that!

Comment

Anyone who treats a car like that needs a good ass-kicking and doesn't deserve a nice car. I hate it when I see abused/neglected cars in our shop....it just pisses me off to no end. For example, The tech who works in the stall across from me just had to replace a motor in a 04 Accord EX V6....24K miles on it and never changed the oil, still had the factory oil filter and drain plug washer....the engine locked up. Oh, I'm sorry, warranty doesn't cover that.....BWAHAHAHAHA....the customer had to pick up the tab himself on that one.
                              00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Working...
                              X