One massive pothole= 2 flats on one side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One massive pothole= 2 flats on one side

So there's some drama in the house...I go for a drive to clear my mind and relax. I'm on some onramp somewhere on my way home, when I see what looks like a regular bump...but in reality is a fucking crater. It jolted my whole car and prob. fucked up my alignment royally, but most importantly it destroyed both of my right side tires. I had to wait for fucking AAA to send a flatbed, and I scraped my front lip getting it on...I was furious to say the least. I'm happy I didn't lose control and total the CB though; a flat is what totalled my last car. MAN I'M SO PISSED AAAHHHHH!!!!!!

If its some crazy amt. of money, I think the city is getting sued, because seriously this is bullshit...if I was in a truck or something I could have died, all over a stupid ass pothole. Oh well...in any case hopefully I'll still be able to make the meet tomorrow; that would be great.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

dang man, but get out to the spot and take pics. and file claims for damage to your car and costs for towing...but more than likely yoll get the cold shoulder. sorry to hear though. your lucky nothing worse happened.

Comment

damn that sucks man sorry to hear dude

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
      bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

I live in NYC also and hit a pothole. I filed a claim with the comptroller.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/html/motorist/pothole.html

That was about 6 monthes ago. Still no word. They sent me a letter saying that they are investigating my claim, and if I do not receive a response in a year, then I can take legal action. But I do not see myself hiring a lawyer to take the city to court. My car's tranny was hit when i went over a bump and it got messed up bad. I paid about 600, including towing, to get a new auto tranny installed. I sent in my reciepts for the repairs with the claim. I doubt they will reimburse me at all.

EDIT: Where did this happen approximately? You do live in NYC right? I would like to know just in case I drive around there

Comment

It's hard to describe...I was in Brooklyn coming from Linden Blvd., and I took that long highway back to the Belt...on the onramp towards the Belt Pkwy/So. Conduit there's a huge pothole on the inside of the turn. I was FURIOUS. Be careful out there.

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I know exactly what you mean about a crater size pothole. I was rolling withing my buddy in his turbo pt cruiser and out the blue we nailed a pothole and we got 2 flats on the passenger side within 2mins. Plus ontop of the flats, his rims bent! He was not happy that day.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
            91 accord lx (5spd)
            92 accord lx (5spd)
            93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

Well personally im glad to hear that's ALL that happened to your car, and that you're ok -- yeah it sucks, and youi should make the city pay if you can... but such is the trauma we risk everyday we live in the northeast...

i swear there's potholes up 309 from my hometown back in PA that could eat your car alive matter of fact, we're the only one's with a state pothole...

but yeah. i never personally got eaten by a pothole, but i can name at least 5 people who did, in the past 2 years alone

good luck with the repairs and all

breathing is deadly underwater...

Comment

POTHOLES SUCK! there is a shit load of em in LA! SHIT MAN where is all my fucken tax money goin! they needa fix these damn roads! CALIFORNIA DOESNT KNOW HOW TO MANAGE TAX MONEY! DONT LIVE HERE!
                hi

Comment

Fuck that good luck seeing your money. The city is full of bullshit theyll take money from you lie and say they are fixin up shit and dont. If i where you idtry to tally up and get your shit back on the road and fully inspect the ride. I fucked up my two 17 inch velox vxk rims Never saw the money this happened on the belt comin back from brooklyn to queens.

Comment

Working...
                  X