No announcement yet.

Got into an accident.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I called the police, they just told us to leave the area. They didnt file a report.

Comment

Originally posted by aero3685
      No.. a car is never the same after it is wrecked. If it messed up the trunk, bumper, fenders, it will most likely be totalled. You will just have to settle for the amount then buy it back from insurance and part it out.

BUT... you better hope that the guy is not scamming you. All he has to do is deny it, and you are SOL. Thats why if someone else is at fault and there is significant damage...you should always call the cops.

If your insurance finds out, they will probably raise your rates a little if you dont have a clean record.

best of luck with everything
      What does SOL stand for?

So basically it it's declared totalled, insurance will give me about how much for it? And then I can use part of that money to buy it back from them right? Part it out, and then sell it to a junkyard? Should I remove my m3 mirros, sub, amp, cd deck, and other stuff I have in my car that cost alot? I'll see if insurance will fix it, or if the guy will pay for it. If not, and its declared total, i get like a day to remove my stuff right?

EDIT: For the people that want the fogs, all i do is remove the switch, fog light, and fog light bracket right?

Comment

Well.. remove any aftermarket stuff and replace it with stock stuff where neccessary. Im sure its totalled if the fenders got messed up. On the rear doors, is the gap still the same, do they open and close fine?

Usually it will get appraised, just tell the appraisor that you will want to buy it back from insurance after he is done appraising it. Say you just need it for work until you can get a new car. If you tell him you want to part it out.. they might charge ya more, you never know. But you will get the KBB price minus whatever was wrong before (over mileage, other damage, condition etc)

Comment

Make sure you get your shit before they tow the car, if you leave it in a junkyard all your stuff WILL be gone(personal experience), and insurance isn't going to give you any more for added stuff anyways.
          -Jay

Comment

Ok, right now I am trying to contact the guy to arrange a deal. Get him to pay for all the repairs. If not then I will call insurance. If they fix it, GREAT. If its declared totalled, how long do i have to remove all my good parts? Can I strip everything, or does the car need to at least be driveable? I need to buy a set of 4 steelies to replace my rims with, how much would that cost?

Comment

Get us pictures of the damage asap i97 .. it may not be all that bad ..???

*When* did you call the police? From the scene? And they told you to *leave* ?

Were there witnesses??? Did you get a # from *any* of them? I say *pictures* are needed.
              ANYbody .. when you get hit .. get #'s from others who saw it . I was involved in a collision
              going thru a green light, and got t-boned .. *they* tried to say it was *my* fault ..
              Witnesses, came thru bigtime ..

A Hui Hou !!!
              Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Your gonna want to have all of your aftermarket stuff out before they come. But yes, it has to be driveable, has to have all the parts(oem radio/speakers etc). I would take out the fogs before they come to appraise it just incase

Comment

Alrite I filed a claim with the other driver's insurance. In a few days they will send someone to see the car. I WILL GET IT FIXED. I will not lose my cb7. If that appraiser even says it's totalled, I will slap him to the floor. I WILL get it fixed through insurance, and I will under-go my 5 speed conversion. Later on I will drop the h22 in, lower the car, and probably put a body kit on it (nothin rice, something tasteful).

When the appraiser comes up with the sum, and damn well believe he will come up with a sum and not declare it totalled, does he give me a check for the amount to get it fixed? If so, I can add my own money and get a bumper from a kit, maybe the R33 or Black Widow kit right? If not then stock it will stay. I'm still deciding on whether to get a kit or a lip in the future.

Comment

sorry to tell you but if its more than 50-75 percent of the cars value they will not fix it and total it out..

trust me ive been through it. dont fix it, part it out and find something else.

the appraiser wont give you a check, he just comes looks at it, takes info down goes back to his place and tells the insurance what the deal is. then the insurance will cut you the check or pay a body sho pto fix it.

it will be like acouple hundred bucks to buy it back.
                    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by 91ACCORDSIR
                      dibs on the fogs

sorry man i already got them wayy before you did on aim i talked to him like 10 mins after te accident dood

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
                      bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

wow my neck is fuggin killing me. Any1 else that got hit from behind experience this? How long b4 it goes away?

Comment

I got hit from the rear by a fuckin NYc bus this was in my old mustang thank god it wasnt my honda id rip. But all and all id take him to a bank tell him to deposit the money and try to talk him out of lets not take it to the insurance because it would cost too much and id take him to a repair shop and take his ass to the bank.

Comment

If your neck is hurting.. better play it up for the appraisor or someone...

And as far as the car, just part it out if you want to, dont repair it, just get another. You will be happier in the long run, believe me. You will end up paying probably 500-1k on top of what they give you just to have it fixed... where you could part it out, make 1k tops, and have like 3k to play with. There are a few nice h22 accords on this board going for just a little more than that.

Comment

werent you just deciding wether or not to get a different one not too long ago? This is your answer.

Comment

Four hours or so before I got into the accident, I purchased everything I needed for the 5 speed swap. The main reason for my wanting a better cb7 was because mine was auto. IF insurance pays to fix it, they should pay the full amount to fix it right? No out-of-pocket expenses for me, b/c I am not at fault in all this. If it's declared totalled, then I still get some money back and I can remove some parts and sell it out. I really do not have a choice whether to keep it or fix it, the appraiser will decide that. If they decide to repair it, i will keep it and undergo my manual swap and all my other future plans (h22). If not, then I will take the money that give me, and hand the car over to them after I strip off most of the parts. If the price is low I MIGHT buy it back from them and TRY to sell it for more but i doubt i will so i might jus let them keep it.

Comment

Working...
                                X