Got into an accident.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got into an accident.....

So today around noonish I bought almost all the parts I need for a 5 speed swap. I paid the guy already over paypal. About one hour ago, near Shea Stadium and the World Fair Marina, I was stopped at a stop sign. A guy in a Ford van came and hit me from behind. My car is totally fucked. The back end is fucked, the trunk does not close, the lights are broken. The bumper is pushed in. I think there may be chassis damage. I'm about to cry over here. Look at my previous posts, I ask you to. You will see the plans I have for my cb7. you will see how much i loved my first car. I pray insurance will fix it, and not jus scrap da car and give me like $1000. Will my insurance go up at all btw? I am under Allstate. I was hit from behind, while at a stop sign. It was not my fault. I will try to get picturs when i can.
    Last edited by i97supratti; 06-04-2005, 02:13 PM.

sorry to hear that, hopefully everything works out for you.

Comment

must have been your faulty rear differential. your friend was right all along! (sorry for the humor, just trying to cheer you up)

but yea, i know how it is being rear ended. seems like there is nothing to do but part it out. best of luck to you, hope you dont have to resort to that.

Comment

You think I will have to part it out? It cant be fixed at all? I'll pay any fuqin price, but my account is limited.

Comment

k-mart "must have been your faulty rear differential."
          lol i thought the same way.

but that suks. don't get your insurance involved if it wasn't your fault unless the person that hit u didn't have insurance. if they have insurance, his insurance will pay everything. but they might not want to fix it cin how the value of the car is not that much. but if they don't want to give u much money u can allways demand that they give enough money to fix it or enough money to buy another car. plus never agree to it being any of your fault causse insurance companys will try to get u to take some % of liability.

Comment

damn it. And just 2 days before the Tri-State meet

Comment

I only got his work #. I'll try to call it tomorrow before he calls his insurance company. Try to negotiate something.

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti
                You think I will have to part it out? It cant be fixed at all? I'll pay any fuqin price, but my account is limited.
                Sorry to here that! Hate to say but I almost say don't fix it becuase it'll never be the same. I say this because I was in a very similar accident. I was at a red light and saw this Durango flying and I knew he was going to hit me, so I was going to run the red light but cars were turning so I just let my foot off the brake and told my friend to hold on. Sure enough he hit me going about 25-30 and my car rolled out into the intersection that just cleared. He decided to take off and I had to chase him for about 15mins. The whole time I was waiting for something to fall off but nothing ever did. Cops finally caught him and he was drunk and a illegal immigrant with no insurance. My insurnace company paid for the damage and nothing has been right ever since. I've had to take the car back 4 times to get the bumper repainted, the bumper realigned, the trunk gap fixed..........all in all it's just a pain in the ass. It hurts to look at the bumper everyday and know there's nothing I can do about it. Hope everything works out!

Midwest car club

Current rides:
                91 accord lx (5spd)
                92 accord lx (5spd)
                93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

There is no way to get it fixed perfectly? .....

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti
                    There is no way to get it fixed perfectly? .....
                    No.. a car is never the same after it is wrecked. If it messed up the trunk, bumper, fenders, it will most likely be totalled. You will just have to settle for the amount then buy it back from insurance and part it out.

BUT... you better hope that the guy is not scamming you. All he has to do is deny it, and you are SOL. Thats why if someone else is at fault and there is significant damage...you should always call the cops.

If your insurance finds out, they will probably raise your rates a little if you dont have a clean record.

best of luck with everything

Comment

Wait!!!! You never callled the cops?

Midwest car club

Current rides:
                      91 accord lx (5spd)
                      92 accord lx (5spd)
                      93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

wanna sell ur 5speed swap parts?

H23?

Comment

are the fogs ok?
                          Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

dibs on the fogs

Comment

dude, calm the fuck down. if anyone is goign to pay for it, it would be their insurance and not yours. if your insurance had to deal with it...your insurance would also go up even if it wasnt your fault. so i would be 100% sure that the other guy is paying for your damage as well, otherwise steal his Ford POS and sell it to make up for the damage.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X