StateFarm gave me a new @sshole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StateFarm gave me a new @sshole

well i got my insurance renewal yesterday. and my monthly fee went from $80, to $260. wtf!?!?!?!! you ask... its because back in '03 i had a speeding ticket that just now went through the system. and from what i was told, anything over 100mph is comparable to a dui, in terms of a fees hike... eventhough i was completely sober and under control.

but thats not the worst part. i got into a tiny accident at the beginning of this month. so small there wasnt any physical damage to the car i was driving, not mine. it only scraped clearcoat off of the lady's bumper. but because of that, in 6months when my policy renews again, it will then go up to $404/month!!!!!!!

needless to say, im getting new insurance elsewhere.

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
    well i got my insurance renewal yesterday. and my monthly fee went from $80, to $260. wtf!?!?!?!! you ask... its because back in '03 i had a speeding ticket that just now went through the system. and from what i was told, anything over 100mph is comparable to a dui, in terms of a fees hike... eventhough i was completely sober and under control.

but thats not the worst part. i got into a tiny accident at the beginning of this month. so small there wasnt any physical damage to the car i was driving, not mine. it only scraped clearcoat off of the lady's bumper. but because of that, in 6months when my policy renews again, it will then go up to $404/month!!!!!!!

needless to say, im getting new insurance elsewhere.
    that sucks man, but i got good news....

i just saved a bunch on MY car insurance by switching to geico!...

Comment

Originally posted by clarksterdotcom
      that sucks man, but i got good news....

i just saved a bunch on MY car insurance by switching to geico!...
      lolol... funny you say that. i DID switch to geico. haha... and i saved a shit load. right now i lowered my coverage a little and im paying $750/6months... but if i want the same coverage it would cost me $1200 instead of $2400 for 6 months.

guess commercials DO work...

Comment

wish i had gico

any-way, i think i will be in the same boat as you.. i dont think my speeding ticket went threw because my insurance is getting lower so i guess the system will come and rip my asshole..

great!.. fucking awsome!

Comment

dang...that blows.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

lol @ the geico commercial reference

but for real, i wouldnt drive if my premiums were $400/month. well, i couldnt afford it actually. glad everything is situated now though

Comment

Do you have full coverage? I have minimal coverage.. and pay like 800/6 months. I just lost my good student discount since all my bad grades transferred, used to be like 600/6 months. But I have 1 accident at fault and a ticket.. maybe 2. My tickets should be dropping off my record soon and maybe a year till the accident gets dropped. That means I can get more!!! YAY
              (Im going back up to TN for any crazy driving though... I can use up all 3 lanes through the mountain twisties doing 90 again without a worry since wreckless driving is only $50)

Comment

"needless to say, im getting new insurance elsewhere"

Wise choice^

Midwest car club

Current rides:
                91 accord lx (5spd)
                92 accord lx (5spd)
                93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

Originally posted by aero3685
                  Do you have full coverage? I have minimal coverage.. and pay like 800/6 months. I just lost my good student discount since all my bad grades transferred, used to be like 600/6 months. But I have 1 accident at fault and a ticket.. maybe 2. My tickets should be dropping off my record soon and maybe a year till the accident gets dropped. That means I can get more!!! YAY
                  (Im going back up to TN for any crazy driving though... I can use up all 3 lanes through the mountain twisties doing 90 again without a worry since wreckless driving is only $50)
                  that is kind of expensive, you should be able to find a better deal. mine is less than that and i have an accident and a wreckless driving/speeding ticket. its basically full, except for compensation. so if i hit someone, i gotta pay for my own car... but i still have all the random coverages like uninsured motorists and shit like that. and my liability went up from 25/50 to 30/60... so in that respect i have better coverage now.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
                    that is kind of expensive, you should be able to find a better deal. mine is less than that and i have an accident and a wreckless driving/speeding ticket. its basically full, except for compensation. so if i hit someone, i gotta pay for my own car... but i still have all the random coverages like uninsured motorists and shit like that. and my liability went up from 25/50 to 30/60... so in that respect i have better coverage now.
                    Well, i guess I have what you have... I also have the... if i hit someone, i pay for mine. It wasnt bad @ 600 before I lost my discount. After next term.. hopefully I'll be able to get it back.

Comment

I pay $135 a month for liability. I'd really like to get it lower, but I've heard before that Geico isn't much cheaper. And I don't want to have shitty coverage in case I actually get in an accident. Any suggestions?
                      -Jay

Comment

you can check out geico online. honestly, i thought it was bullshit, but i was pleasantly suprised when i got the rates i did. if youre not happy with what they tell you, then you can goto a local insurance broker. they will take all your info, and enter it into a database. and the computer will spit out all the rates from different companies in their system... and itll show you the best rates depending on what coverage you want.
                        Last edited by DrLove'sKuDang; 05-22-2005, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Geico cancelled our policy, but it was expected:

-I got a speeding ticket, 67 in a 40
                          -Dad crashed the I35 twice, then hydrolocked the engine
                          -Mama got hit by some lady
                          -Older sis had a major accident way back and got major $$$ for damages

So now for 3 drivers I think we pay $10K every six months or annually, which is absolutely insane...however it's prob. all my fault as I'm a young dude in a Honda. NYC insurance is fucking crazy though.

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                          X