time for a new car guys...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

time for a new car guys...?

yes guys i think im gettin outta the cb7 scene...not sure what car im aiming for next but im really on a budget for this next car. i prolly have $2,500 to spend. i was thinkin of a G2 integra or maybe a 92-96 prelude which is pretty hard to come around for $2,500. i was also considering a CRX Si as well but those are gettin harder and harder to find. or should i just try to find a CB7 but stick and 2-door? what would u guys get if u had $2,500?
    hi

well, whats wrong with your cb7?
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

yeah why u getting a new car? spend that money on us cb7 right now.....

Comment

$2500 will get you a CB7 in worse condition than what you have... more frustrating problems...

If you want something that's got potential, buy a Civic shell, and spend the rest of the mony swapping another motor. You can find a B series for $1000 or so, I think. The aftermarket is there, and the potential is there. And when you finally decide you hate it, you can sell it to a highschool ricer and buy another CB7 (they always do...)

Honestly, I would just keep what you have. It's a nice car, and from reading the "what was your car worth" thread, I know that the car was in your family since it was new. That right there makes it better than what we have! I have 2 CB7s that belonged to cat owners... CAT HAIR EVERYWHERE!!!

Take what you have, do a 5 speed tranny swap (won't cost too much with some dealing here on the board... I sold my whole motor and tranny for $50) The car already looks pretty nice, so you don't have to worry about that!

Comment

Yeah, i think you should just keep the thing, i mean its nice enough and eveyrthing seems to be operating well. I would just use the 2500 $$ into your car, but i guess if your going new car, then i would try to find an integra.
          Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
            $2500 will get you a CB7 in worse condition than what you have... more frustrating problems...

If you want something that's got potential, buy a Civic shell, and spend the rest of the mony swapping another motor. You can find a B series for $1000 or so, I think. The aftermarket is there, and the potential is there. And when you finally decide you hate it, you can sell it to a highschool ricer and buy another CB7 (they always do...)

Honestly, I would just keep what you have. It's a nice car, and from reading the "what was your car worth" thread, I know that the car was in your family since it was new. That right there makes it better than what we have! I have 2 CB7s that belonged to cat owners... CAT HAIR EVERYWHERE!!!

Take what you have, do a 5 speed tranny swap (won't cost too much with some dealing here on the board... I sold my whole motor and tranny for $50) The car already looks pretty nice, so you don't have to worry about that!
            Dude I totally feel that. The previous owner of my car had a couple dogs. When I pulled the carpet up to mount my harness bar I found a dog chew toy (ewww). Time to swap out the carpet, well needed to do that awhile ago.
            my ride

Comment

I agree with the above, why dont' you keep saving up your money, keep driving your sweet ass sweet Accord and then think about buying if your engine blows on you, you could probably get some SWEET dough for that shell even if you blew the motor

Comment

even if it does blow, just swap in a new h22

Comment

haha u guys are great! thanks for the inputs! u guys do have very strong points. i love my accord and its not going anywhere..im keeping this car forever since it has sentimental value. my dad did buy it back in 1990 brand spanking new. and the paint is still original. but i mean...i just wanted another car to toy with that is stick. i was thinking of parting this one...but im not in no rush because i wanna think very thorough of everything. oh yea...there are a few problems with my car... it doesnt bother me much...but it does annoying at times. everytime i start my car the starter and flywheel doesnt grab. it slips everytime i start it. my timing seals are leaking. it takes me awhile to take my keys out the ignition on a cold day because when i put the tranny back in "P" i have to wait for the redline around it to turn on till i can take my keys off. and i sorta want a 2-door car. but ima keep thinkin bout it and see what happens...
                  hi

Comment

oh...its an auto and a sedan.

better yet...see if you can trade someone like an old granny that knows how to drive a stick but wants an auto
                    I <3 G60.

Comment

What's wrong with auto sedans? ::::looks at his own sig::: well sedans are fine by me, but I do plan on changing my auto to manual. I'll try to take pics and tell you how it turns out.

Comment

get a 92-96 lude man. theyre sick. i just got a 1993 prelude vtec for $2900

Comment

Just to get my two cents in here -
                          If you buy a car for $2500 Your basically inheriting someone elses problems. But lets play out the best case senario here... You buy a decent runnning G2 integra. Its probably going to have either 100,000 miles++ or getting there which would mean seals are going to start breaking, suspention will soon start having issues, belts need to be changed(because you really don't know what the previous owner did or did not do), if the paint is original, you'll probably have to get it painted soon, you'll have to clean the hell out of the interior if not replace it, and how about the routine stuff that goes bad around that miliage like the alternator, starter, waterpump, oilpump, and countless other things that just break from regular use!
                          Damn dude if you did all those things you'd ruffly be spending $5500 just to get it to a comfortable condition(and I think we all know that $5500 is lowballing it).

Now guess what.....You going to look at your shiny G2 integra and your going to say to yourself "it would look so nice if it had some rims and a drop". Now your even more in the hole just to get it to the level your accord is in right now.

Look, I can't even justify buying a car for $15000, and believe me I thought long and hard about it. The thing is, after I pay that much for a car plus interest I'll basically have a stock car that I just payed more than $20,000 for. Now Imagine If I just make payments to myself and put that $20,000 into my accord?!? Shit man, I'm sure I can fix every problem I have plus make it look exactly the way I want it, with a fresh H22 turbo for less than that!

It's just a matter of putting in the work and the time. I guess all I'm saying is don't give up! Take that money and fix the problems your having instead.

"And the coldest ones that we thought husky
                          they be like I dont know his name but he aim like Wayne Gretzki
                          that's funny cause I dont play hockey
                          I play Horse upon the mic and watch them all copy"
                          -Canibal Ox

Comment

You ever notice it's always the new guys on here 300 posts or less, who always are talking about selling their cb7's? The die hard people, which I consider myself one of them, always talks about why our cars are great, who'd want to get rid of them?! here is just no subsitute for perfection. I <3 my cb7. No other car compares. Amen.
                            My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nycxeracer
                              You ever notice it's always the new guys on here 300 posts or less, who always are talking about selling their cb7's? The die hard people, which I consider myself one of them, always talks about why our cars are great, who'd want to get rid of them?! here is just no subsitute for perfection. I <3 my cb7. No other car compares. Amen.
                              well, actually. the reason i dont want to sell my car is becuz i put so much time and effort into it and no one would want this piece of junk
                              I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                              X