Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much did your car cost when new back in their respective years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much did your car cost when new back in their respective years?

I was looking around the web and found out my dealer sticker
    price. I thought it was pretty neat to compare it to what other
    people have.
    My car from the factory came as a stock Automatic LX.
    Only two options were Rear Spoiler, and Mud guards.

My dealer sticker price was $16,100

Schweet find! Wow. $16,000 not too bad.

Comment

I just checked KBB.com and my car has a
      value now of $2,450....
      Not bad for a 12 year old car. I guess if i sell it, i can get more.

Comment

Be a little careful. I'm have found that Blue is usually pretty hight compared to what people will really want to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordAnimal
          Be a little careful. I'm have found that Blue is usually pretty hight compared to what people will really want to pay.

Nah.... trust me, as long as you fill out that form they have asking about the condition of the car truthfully, then that IS how much your car should be worth AT LEAST. Its just that most people want a deal for older cars, so they figure theyll try to lowball you.

Good find on the original MSRP.

Comment

I am just speaking from experience. As a Private Party sale I have bought and sold three cars and that hasn't been the case, but it's all good.

Comment

$16,565.

though, my parents said that they really payed about $14-15k for it.

Comment

Well, I don't have the total price, but i do have what we leased it for. It's been in the family since birth, can anyone else say the same? And, Jak you might know the dealership we got it from, it's still there but I think they sell Hyundai's at that location now. And now you know where I lived before.
                Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

my parents bought the accord back in '90 of april and it cost them a little over $20k w/ tax and all that BS. and what sucks is...my car is a DX. =( my mom didnt wanna get a LX or EX because she didnt want me playin with the window switch and gettin my head caught on the window.
                  hi

Comment

Originally posted by BuRRR
                    my parents bought the accord back in '90 of april and it cost them a little over $20k w/ tax and all that BS. and what sucks is...my car is a DX. =( my mom didnt wanna get a LX or EX because she didnt want me playin with the window switch and gettin my head caught on the window.
                    $20k for a DX?!?!one11!

Thats unbelievable. But the story about her not wanting you to get your head caught is funny!
                    '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
                    -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                    -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                    -'93 AGP EX 4AT
                    10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

yea mine was 22,500 but i think thats cause its a 93 and an ex

Comment

Very good find Uslspct, i like looking at older documents about our cars.
                        But yeah, teh Burns Honda dealer you go it from now sells Huyndais and
                        Pontiacs. They have now moved to the new building on RT. 73, thats the one i work at. Also i was looking at it, and you had A/C as an option, Pinstripe, Radio/Cassette, and the oddest one.....RIGHTSIDE MIRROR ??

Travis, i think yours is the most expensive one out of the bunch, being that its a 93 EX.

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
                          yea mine was 22,500 but i think thats cause its a 93 and an ex
                          Well I've got basically the same exact car as you. I'm shocked it was that much new! However, when I bought my car in 99 it was booking for 10,500 on the high side! I couldn't believe it! The dealer wanted 8k for it, but I got em down to $7200.

edit- I have a factory spoiler so maybe it would of been $23,200.

Last edited by accordme93; 05-20-2005, 11:30 AM.
                          "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE
                            I was looking around the web and found out my dealer sticker
                            price. I thought it was pretty neat to compare it to what other
                            people have.
                            My car from the factory came as a stock Automatic LX.
                            Only two options were Rear Spoiler, and Mud guards.

My dealer sticker price was $16,100

My LX came with a rear spoiler, I dont know if it has mudguards. How do they look? I have this plastic type piece there that is lose and can be moved. Don't look like mudguards on other cars.

Comment

May 26, 1992

Claire Honda
                              Dedham , MA

Total price back in the day $15k for an Lx 5 spd
                              Henry R
                              Koni/Neuspeed
                              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Working...
                              X