who's got a portable mp3 player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who's got a portable mp3 player?

im looking into getting one, and ive heard bad things about the ipod... from ipod owners. i dont need anything that big... not to mention they are way overpriced. i either want to get the creative zen micro or the iriver h10... does anyone have either of those? and what do you think about them.

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
    im looking into getting one, and ive heard bad things about the ipod... from ipod owners. i dont need anything that big... not to mention they are way overpriced. i either want to get the creative zen micro or the iriver h10... does anyone have either of those? and what do you think about them.

i remeber when i got my diamond rio (one of the first) it had 32 megs and hooked up to a parellel port
    ]

the only problem i had with it was space and the clip to hold the battery in.. had to use tape.. but i liked it the best.. 300 bucks it cost when it came out.

then i smashed it in a fight with my girlfrend..

they are all good , the cheap ones too .. the more space you have the better but as far as quality they all are pretty much same. i dont have the zen micro or the iriver h10 but the quality will be the same..

what do you need a mp3 player for? running, shool , car?

Comment

mostly just for work. im there 3-4hrs every morning stocking before we open, and i have no music. we used to have a cd changer and radio hooked up through the stores system, but it was taken out and all we have now is dmx... some ghettoass satelite system. it has like 5 channels we can use and theyre all geared towards the old folks. so im being tortured everyday. im more into rap, so im stuck listenening to the exact opposite of what i like.

Comment

u must work at wallmart.. lol

Something like this might suite you well

dosent have to be that.. but keep it small and make shure it can expand memory.. the best memory i think is SD flash... small and can go up to 1 gig or higher i think.. when your working something small that clips on the belt is a plus and wont get in the way. but its up to you just dont go sony or Rca...

Comment

I have an Iriver. I got one a few years back when they first came out. They seem like a good up and coming company and priced well. I have had no problems thus far and i am satisfied. Also check out the Ipod shuffle, no moving parts and rechargable battery. but if your like me you may want something a little less mainstream, check out Iriver.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
          "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
          "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

creative labs > *

i had a zen xtra, loved the HELL outta that thing!

Comment

i love my ipod . . . i dont know what everyone else is talking about. the older generations had alot of problems with battery life, but the newer generation has a better battery. ivehad mine playing for 10 hours on a full charge (claimed 12) which is fairly good since the claim is always high. plus the AAC format is fairly compressed and i was able to fit a good 100 or so songs more in the same amount of space as my friend on his creative nomad zen xtra. btw, they were mostly all the same songs too, we have basically the same tatses in music. it all somes down to personal preference though
              -Mark-
              CB7
              CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
              Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

i actually have an iPaq Media Center, rz1715. It cost me like 250. You can get the rz1710 for cheaper, I think. It's fucking sweet. I've never had any problems with it. The only bad thing is that you need an SD Card. I've got a 256MB card and it holds 50 songs. It also play WMV files. I got a few of ATX's videos on there. Every one loves it.

"Oooh, is that a Palm Pilot?"
                -me"nah, Pocket PC"
                "wow! What can that do?"
                -me"Pretty much everything a computer can do"
                "That's tight! Can it go on the internet?"
                -me"Yeah..."
                "Can I check my e-mail?"
                -me"wait till this song's finished"

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7
                  i actually have an iPaq Media Center, rz1715. It cost me like 250. You can get the rz1710 for cheaper, I think. It's fucking sweet. I've never had any problems with it. The only bad thing is that you need an SD Card. I've got a 256MB card and it holds 50 songs. It also play WMV files. I got a few of ATX's videos on there. Every one loves it.

"Oooh, is that a Palm Pilot?"
                  -me"nah, Pocket PC"
                  "wow! What can that do?"
                  -me"Pretty much everything a computer can do"
                  "That's tight! Can it go on the internet?"
                  -me"Yeah..."
                  "Can I check my e-mail?"
                  -me"wait till this song's finished"
                  pimp
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

u think blackberry phones can play that mp3 crap?

Comment

i got a sonyericsson p910i....its a phone/pda/entertainment system...really sweet shit...if i were u check it out or the balckberry and the treo...pretty sure they play mp3 also....if ur not into the whole pda phone thing...just get a phone that supports mp3...these days there are a few of em out there...
                      So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

you can take my ipod mini for a test drive cuz i dont use it very much cuz my cable for me to play it in the car broke im sure after you test it out you will want a mini there awsome
                        www.2camcrew.com

Comment

Man just get a PSP. Then you'll have a MP3 player plus a lot more!
                          "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

I have a rio karma. its really nice, a lot more features than the ipod. and u dont have to use itunes. 20gb. 175$
                            my girlfriend has an ipod shuffle.. 120 songs, however there is no screen so that would but the hell out of me. plus u have to use itunes.
                            my friend has a creative zen xtra and its pretty cool too, eax is the shit. it was 40gb and he got it for around 200$

Comment

Originally posted by accordme93
                              Man just get a PSP. Then you'll have a MP3 player plus a lot more!
                              yea, it'll only be like 350 bucks (thats oncluding a 1 gig card)
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X