Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w0ot!! I got a free TV!!

Like the title says :-D
    Yesterday my uncle called me up to ask him to help him take a TV to the dump. I talked to the guys mom about it. Sounded like it did work pretty good from what he told us. So I said what the heck, my old TV went out a year ago in the living room. Hefted the my old tv out to the dump instead :-D

My old TV was made in 95ish (IIRC). The new one was made ten years before my old one.
    For a TV that old the picture looks quite good actually. A little band of gray accross the top of the screen. but that's barely noticeable. It'll serve as a good TV untill I can get a bigger one
    ~~~~~~~

SWEET!!!!!!!!!! I want a free tv

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
    bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

Wow micks you MUST camp in this forum just waiting for new posts
      But yeah I came accross this one by chance. and I haven't had a TV out in the living room for so long now. it was def worth a shot
      ~~~~~~~

Comment

Anything free owns! Free tv > alot.

How are you pwrusr? Be on the lookout for new pics of my cb7, lowered w/Mugen-replica front lip.
        '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
        -'93 BRP LX 4AT
        -'92 AGP LX 5MT
        -'93 AGP EX 4AT
        10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

i actually just got a free tv as well last week. it's a 20" flat screen with built in dvd player. didnt pay anything, it was brand new in box...it was supposed to be for my sisters christmas present from my mom, but she got grounded so my mom gave it to me instead last week =)

Comment

Yes free pwns all!!
            I'm happy I took it now... I didn't think it would work as well as it does since it was made 20 years ago
            ~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by pwrusr
              Yes free pwns all!!
              I'm happy I took it now... I didn't think it would work as well as it does since it was made 20 years ago
              I've got a 20 year old JCPenny tv... the picture quality on it is great. Only problems are that it doesnt have newer inputs like component or s-video.

...and it doesnt go past channel 59...

it really is quite a nice tv.. lots of inputs too.

Comment

Originally posted by mrfreddio55
                I've got a 20 year old JCPenny tv... the picture quality on it is great. Only problems are that it doesnt have newer inputs like component or s-video.

...and it doesnt go past channel 59...

it really is quite a nice tv.. lots of inputs too.
                sounds alot like mine
                ~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by jboyce
                  i actually just got a free tv as well last week. it's a 20" flat screen with built in dvd player. didnt pay anything, it was brand new in box...it was supposed to be for my sisters christmas present from my mom, but she got grounded so my mom gave it to me instead last week =)
                  christmas....in may......
                  but on the free TV. im just going to keep other comments to myself since im a techno geek

Comment

try hooking it to a vcr or cable box , that will get it past 59 .. i have a 30 inch RCA that i payed 700 something dollars.. but i like it even if its not free

Comment

Originally posted by Crayola-r
                      try hooking it to a vcr or cable box , that will get it past 59 .. i have a 30 inch RCA that i payed 700 something dollars.. but i like it even if its not free
                      Yep, I hooked mine up to a VCR for channel surfing
                      ~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                      X