Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why no crazy sports compact tuenrs in the U.S.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why no crazy sports compact tuenrs in the U.S.?

There are no Top Secret/HKS equivalent tuners for cars like ours in the U.S. Why? I mean AEM and some other companies make parts, but something like that Top Secret CV35 "GT-R" could never happen here. Do we not have the engineering expertise or what? If I could, I would definitely start a crazy tuning company like Top Secret or something that would make real, working parts- not bullshit intakes and exhaust. I feel like the import community is getting mature and serious, and there's a genuine market for things like high-comp bottom ends and cams for cars other than B and K-series Civics and Integras. What's the deal?

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

because we are small time. They have the means to do it over here in the us but bigger shit happenes out there as long as you have the money we just make it off of them. BUt we need mroe tuners out here in the city aswell experienced ones .

Comment

What about Shunk2, XS, and King Motorsports? they turn out some good ones.

Comment

Because the most popular/well known form of racing in the US is Nascar. Not not overseas where they have real racing and it's actually a sport and people like it.

Nascar was designed so that alcoholic rednecks can watch the cars run around in circles to stabalize the spinning in their heads.
        -Jay

Comment

yea and cause most import cars here = FWD which =

Comment

Originally posted by Bluejayde
            Because the most popular/well known form of racing in the US is Nascar. Not not overseas where they have real racing and it's actually a sport and people like it.

Nascar was designed so that alcoholic rednecks can watch the cars run around in circles to stabalize the spinning in their heads.
            word.. im so pissed that speedvision is stupid nascarvision over here. All the wrc stuff before was cool.. Now we get stuck with this junk. Oh well, whats new

Comment

Originally posted by Bluejayde

HAHAHA!! that was the perfect nascar discription. but still nascar takes skill to get around that track as fast as they do. But I don't watch it on speedvision. I only keep it on when some good car show is on. but I also LOVE to see F1 and WRC stuff as well. that ish takes MAD skill
              Don't dare get me started on drag racing again that takes lots of skill but still doesn't do much for me.

but back on the topic at hand. The demand just isn't quite here for really big import tuners sadly. Like it was said above it's all about the V8 american muscle here in the US. I'd love to see the look on some hill billys face after a ride in a import that can turn five times harder, go just as fast (maybe faster) then his V8, Brake fast enough to make his soul feel like it was ten feet in front of him for a instant it takes to stop the car (I've felt that before, simply SICK how fast some cars can stop ). here in the US it seems the big issue is to make the cars go fast and think about everything else later. what is the fun in that?
              Oh man I could really go on a LONG rant with this topic but I'll stop now before I really get out of hand
              ~~~~~~~

Comment

Thers just no "real" market here in the states for tuners like that. I think the closest thing we have here in the states is the APEXi shop in California, and I think Signal Auto opened up a shop in California too. They arent really turning out cars though, theyre more like expanding their influence so that in the future, we can have a bigger import scene here in America. Its just going to take time though.

Comment

Working...
                X