No announcement yet.

$1100 for labor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get more hands on experience. hmmm. So i should keep this car, work on it, change like brakes n stuff, den get a newer car and drive that. I really am indecisive lol.

Comment

^^ exactly, or by then maybe you will feel confident enough to do the swap your self. to know you can do it, you should be able to do a timing belt job and drop and replace your tranny and clutch/flywheel. if you can do that, you can easly do the 5spd swap..
      H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

most of us on this board given the right tools do this kinda swap over a couple beers. Its not difficult. Hell you buy enough beer you could probably convince one of us to help you do it.

A 5 speed swap isnt that expensive any ways. Make sure you get a complete transmition. A flywheel, new motor mount, shift cable, pedal cable, new clutch and ecu and your good. Thats about 450 tops. plus you can sell your auto shit for 200+
        Last edited by CBL; 05-13-2005, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Actually the auto ecu works just fine. my swap cost me 120 bucks (complete parts car) i did it myself i modified the old mount to fit and welded that sucker in.

Comment

Working...
          X