$1100 for labor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$1100 for labor...

for an auto to manual swap? After i buy all the parts? Does this sound reasonable? It's the best I can get from the nearby shops. Would it be cheaper to go to a junkyard and get the parts, or buy it in pieces in the classified forum?

wow you could buy a manual for that

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
    bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

mine ran me 600 for labor and i brought in all the parts

Originally posted by fizzbob7
      first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
      Originally posted by ACC0RD22
      no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
      So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Yea but i already spent 2200 on my auto car, 500 to fix its broken tranny, 300 for an alarm w/ remote start, 300 for an oil pan and labor (got screwed over and overcharged), 100 for a broken turning switch, and various other things that i cant remember right now. sigh, iono wat to do

Comment

just beat the shit out o fthe auto till it dies lol

just turbo it hat will give yoiu plenty of power and you can stick with the auto

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
          bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

Labor is almost $70 an hour. That's a weekend job, several guys... so yeah. Anytime you go to a shop you're going to get reamed. You'd be better off buying a manual and swapping all the stuff from your auto onto it.

Good luck, whatever you choose.

Edit: People who give cookie cutter answers piss me off^
            Turbo is no more the answer than "Get an H!" was a year ago.
            -Jay

Comment

why did you spend $500 to fix a tranny you didnt want? thats $500 you couldve put into the swap...but besides the point, just buy a 5-speed that was rear ended and swap all the arts over and then just part it out to get some of your money back

Originally posted by fizzbob7
              first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
              Originally posted by ACC0RD22
              no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
              So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Hmm, would it be possible ::::shrinks back in fear::::: to do an auto to manual conversion myself if i get all the parts?

Comment

sounds a little pricey.. my mechanic said he would do the auto to manual swap for me, including him finding all the parts and doing all the install for 1000 bucks canadian...
                  1993 Cobalt Blue Accord EX - Sold as of December, 2009

Comment

i love canada... shits just cheap..

Comment

Originally posted by arrozburner
                      just buy a 5-speed that was rear ended and swap all the arts over
                      lol sorry my car is auto! if it was stick i would sell you the shit..
                      95' BB2

My Members Ride Profile

Comment

damn u guys paid alot. my advice is do it urself, i'm sure u have a friend thats mechanically inclined. the hardest part would be to weld the tranny mount to the frame.

Comment

Originally posted by micksf22accord
                          just beat the shit out o fthe auto till it dies lol

just turbo it hat will give yoiu plenty of power and you can stick with the auto
                          pls dont give that advice to people who cant change their own oil pan... that is the last thing they need, more problems.

i say keep it learn how to work on it your self. and then go from there..

who knows if you pay some one to do the work, what happens if you wreck it? save the money man and later you will have enough to buy another or something else..
                          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

dude if me and my dad can swap out a transmission, clutch, and flywheel, then you can do a manual swap

Comment

i dont know if he can flaco, he needs to get some serious hands on experience.... i mean he paid to have his oil pan changed.. im not dissing on him, but he really needs to get some hands on experience.. cause what happens if he starts? and cant finish it? that would really suck. some people just need to have their work done by others.

we try to help as much as possible, but there is a certain point were we cant help anymore.
                              H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Working...
                              X