X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FED EX GROUND: great for slightly larger shipments

new to me also. i shall keep that in mind

Originally posted by fizzbob7
    just find the fed ex ground distribution center and all is simple from there.....the fed ex place with semi's everywhere...they load it all there.......can't believe the $150 price difference
    wow, so this means that i can ship trunk lids and spoilers, items that i never even consider shipping due to the size. yay!

so this is primarily for the oversized items, not necessarily weight wise?

Comment

Yeah fedex is pretty cheap for heavy and big stuff.

Comment

so then why do companys charge like 150 to ship CF hoods via fed ex? mind boggling....
        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
          so then why do companys charge like 150 to ship CF hoods via fed ex? mind boggling....
          Well.. cheap price attracts people, and since everyone has outrageous shipping prices.. they can charge it also. Then again, maybe they take great care in packaging and shipping their items with only the best protection.

Comment

pimp...i shall see what their rules are for shipping rims.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

hmm thanks for the info fiz. iv been getting screwed so bad by USPS lately. they have lost TWO packages i sent in the last month or so...one package for 92ex and another for an ebay customer of mine...it makes me look like an idiot! im trying to find a new, more reliable way to ship

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

now question.. is this ANY FED EX GROUND location? i found several near me.. or is it only the big (Semi having) locations?

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

call um up.. or you can prolly go online and find out what they do at the locations near you. In Orlando im sure they have quite a few locations.

Comment

well i did find several locations..funny thing is the closest one has the ground service.. BUT its not a fedex location... its a store/location that an authorizied fedex shipper or w.e u wanna call it they do this

Express , Ground , Packaging Supplies Available , Packing Services

1 of 3 that do "ground" near me.. so im gonna give it a shot 2morrow.. got some p13 parts to send out :wink:

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

so fizz, did you put the 1/4 panels in a box first? or did they have a box that you could use. or was there just no box at all.

Comment

nice fizz, good find , companies usually charge a lot for shipping *even if its not the actual shipping cost*...because they need to pack the item...transport it to the facility and hey they can up mark the shipping cost even if its not necessary to boost profit. Hence, on ebay sometimes you see an item like a hood going for only a couple bucks, but as you scroll down and view the shipping cost, it seems to be 100-150 bucks..because thats where companies can roll in the profit.
                        Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

then if you dont have your item in a box usps charges you another handling fee... i have a fed ex on the net, and they are cheap, ive seen multiple spray cans for like 6 bucks to the east coast, headlight for like 12.50... where ups woulda been like 20ish dollars..
                          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Working...
                          X