So I got a Crazy New PDA/Cellphone!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I got a Crazy New PDA/Cellphone!!!!

Well... I went home one weekend and saw that my mom got this cool PDA/Cellphone from her work. It's the coolest little device and she wouldnt let me use it becuase she works for the gov't and yeah. But it had the internet and I thought that was the coolest thing so I looked into it.

I found one on ebay the Samsung i700 that I thought was neat but was diffrent then my moms for a reasonable price of 150$ when they go for 550$ from verizon.

I bought it the other day and ill have it tommrow so ill be on that all the time. I had internet explorer etc so ill be using that to look on this site and post! Look at the info below for more about it. Its like 40$ for unlimited data/internet witch isnt that bad since my laptop is screwed and I lost everything on it due to the Sasser worm. Wont have it bakc for like 2 weeks so ill be using this new device.

When i get it ill let you know how I like it etc.

Samsung i700 Verizon Phone & Pocket PC Camera PDA

SPECIFICATIONS Note: Product publicity photo. This is an accurate representation of the model for sale, but not a picture of the actual item for sale.

Product: Samsung i700 Verizon Pocket PC PDA
    Display Resolution: 240 x 240
    Color Screen: Yes
    Color Depth: 16-bit (64K colors)
    Installed Memory: 32 MB
    Installed ROM: 32 MB
    Processor Speed: 300 MHz
    Slot Types Provided: SD Memory Card
    Wireless Connectivity: IrDA
    Cell Phone: Yes
    Cell Phone Band: CDMA 800/1900
    Service Provider: Verizon Wireless
    Messaging Features: SMS
    Display Indicators: Signal strength, Text message waiting, Voice message waiting, Battery meter
    Talk Time: 132 Minutes
    Standby Time: 130 Hours
    Included Software: Calculator, Notes, Calendar, Contacts, File Explorer, Inbox, Pocket Excel, Pocket Internet Explorer, Pocket Word, Solitaire, Tasks, Windows Media Player, Pocket Outlook, ActiveSync, Today, Record, MSN Messenger, Terminal Services Client, Microsoft Reader, Phone
    Operating System: Microsoft Pocket PC
    Input Method: Touch-screen, Stylus
    Company Info: Samsung
    Dimension: 5.2" x 2.8" x 0.6"
    Description: Get More Than a Phone. Do more on the run with familiar Microsoft Pocket PC Phone Addition software applications — including Pocket Word, Pocket Excel, Pocket Outlook, Pocket Internet Explorer, Microsoft Windows Media Player and Microsoft Reader. Take, view, store and send pictures wirelessly and in full color using the built-in digital camera.

that thing is sweet, how did u afford that? i thought u were all down in the dumps in debt or something like that

Comment

Treo 650

Got this about a month ago.

My Ride
      myspace

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
        that thing is sweet, how did u afford that? i thought u were all down in the dumps in debt or something like that
        Yeah i was but from selling abercrombie cd's, USED socks, Getting 300$ from a claim i put in with ups, and selling more garabage around my house im slowly out. I'll have a new car in no time. Get license back June 12th then I need to pay like 300$ then i need 500$ for inshurence and however much to get another cheap ass accord.

Life will be good this summer. Working my @$$ off.

I gotta jet. Ill read this all tommrow when im on my new little phonooo

ALso i sold the phone i have now on ebay. Its at 80$ right now and it ends tonight @ midnight. So its really free. =)

Comment

just found out that Unlimited data is 34.99 a month while 5mb of data is liek 20 bucks. thats like 1,000 webpages/ anyways i cant wait to get it tommrow w00t w00t

Comment

Suiteness!

Comment

Originally posted by 90AccordSiR
              Got this about a month ago.
              werd...treo's or crackberrys are the way to go...ever since i got my sidekick2 i have been wanting a wi-fi capable phone to use as a more professional phone..and just use the sk2 for going out and at school.

Comment

hmm i see. I just hope I like it. Ive read good things and bad things about it

Comment

WTF? 170 bucks!!! i want one!
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

ill give you $100 for it when you decide to sell it to pay your fines

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

i dunno if this counts but i have been using my PSP threw my network to go online..

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                        can't do shit with the blackberries except install programs, but they're so business oriented, not a fun phone......the sk2 was cool, but as a phone it sucked, it not only buffers background noise, but your voice too, and over 75% of sk2 owners suffer from this....will be fixed eventually, but not yet...........

blackberries don't have cameras either, and they come in handy
                        thats why i want to get a second phone to handle all the stuff that the sk2 falls short on..but well see...i dont want to have two different cell phone providers...too many bills as it is..LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                          if they fix the flaw with the voice buffering, and allow users to actually do shit with it (they cater ONLY to the hip hop crowd, and the hip hop crowd doesn't include me), then it would be awesome, still THE best internet friendly phone.......they just need to make it a more serious application and forget the "cool" factor, because the cool factor is holding it back......spend more time with it's applications and OS, and cater to the business people......it would the shit then......the hip hop crowd moves on all the time anyway, next year they'll like something else and maybe it will develop more
                          <-----HIP HOP HEAD!!! haha..so i love it..and the voice problem has been talked about numerous times on www.hiptop.com its a forums for all the users who have sk, csk, sk2's etc. a lot of the forum is moderated by the people at danger inc. and they use the topics on there to determine what issues have arisen and what new options to include. theres a OTA (over the air) update planned for fixing the speaker phone buffer issue. but i know what you mean as far as the "cool factor" holding the phone back.

here are some things i want in the sidekick that i dont get:
                          1) some form of document program so that i can use the qwerty keyboard to its full advatage
                          2)bluetooth. i hate having to connect a bulky adapter that aslo drains my battery to use a friggen headset.
                          3) ability to view javascript web-pages.(but i have this now since i got the developer program)
                          4) video capability (this would probably include the ability to hold mp3's but i dont really need a phone that plays music...)
                          5)BETTER RINGTONES!!!! t-mobile has some sort of ring tone monopoly going on. everything you want on the phone has a fee and even then the selection is slim. i will admit im a hip hop person but i dont want a hip hop ringtone..right now i have a voice ringer that says "HOOOLLLY SCHNIKIES!!!!"

[/rant]

Comment

Damn, how do you young stunerz not break that shit? That phone would last about 2 days before I wasted that screen.

Comment

not to be... devils advocate.. or soemthing like that. but this is what our society has come to. People buy a new stupid cell phone with too many features that they cant use instead of buying a car so they can actually get a job.

Then again.. maybe my priorities are just f'ed up

I just want a freakin phone that is clear, doesnt drop calls and is durable. Is that so much to ask? I'll even take the spiffy calendar and calculator if they throw it in... hence the reason I am still using my lg4ne1 that i bought new... like 4 years ago.

Im not talking about everyone that buys new phones all the time... its a hobby just like modding cars. Just the people that buy a phone over transportation or some other necessity.

Comment

Working...
                              X