So I was tricked into going camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I was tricked into going camping

I woke up Saturday morning to my wife saying that she has the car loaded up and ready to go. I was like: "yo, what the fuck, bitch?". Not really, but I had no idea what she was talking about. She said for Mother's Day we were going camping. I asked where she intended to camping at, and she said Eisenhower State Park (where we always go) up on Lake Texoma. I told her it was going to rain, and she said not until Sunday afternoon so it was safe. I said "uh, ok", like I really had much of a choice.

So, we picked up her 16 yr old brother and left. We spend all day at the lake sitting on a fishing pier spitting sunflower seed husks into the water, watching the boats go by, and generally going 'duhhhh....'. Skipped some stones, found some fossil seashells part of a huge boulder, walked some trails, and saw about a half dozen tarantulas: just like you see in the pet store; big and brown.

We get to sleep about 11 or so and are woken up by water on our heads at about 4:30. You guessed it: rain. I said "hey Laura, what'd you do with the rain tarp for the tent?". I get in reply "I took it out so that I could fit more stuff into the trunk, besides it wasn't supposed to rain till tomorrow"- a real rocket scientist sometimes, she is. It didn't rain hard but enough to get me and the crap in the tent wet. I drive to the local walmart at 5am to get a tarp, still raining, only to find that the only tarps they have are the bigass blue $10 kind. I opt for a dropcloth and clothespins for half the price.

I get back to the campsite and guess what? It stopped raining. While I was gone, laura took the comforter that she brought and draped it over the top of the tent (it can sleep 8, its not a small pup tent by any stretch, and you can stand up straight inside) to keep the rain out. So not only did I do an unnecessary 15 mile round trip at 5am to get a tarp to cover a tent that didn't have a rain tarp when it should, but ended up with everything wet inside the tent, a wet comforter, and ended up not even using the dropcloth and clothespins.

We drove back home about noon, found that every restaurant in town had an hour wait to be seated, so went to a chinese buffet that was suprisingly good.

All in all it was fun and fine until 4:30am rolled around. Left the tarp behind... I coulda killed her.
    Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
    2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
    2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Women can be so stupid sometimes... This is why I control the things I do.

Comment

haha funny story
      Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
      The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

hahaha I can see it..

GOD GIVE ME THE STRENGTH ARGGGGH.

Sorry you had to endure the torture..but hey at least she tried.

Cant hate your wifey for attempting something at least good, cause you know if you even say one negative thing about the experience...she'll flip.

In anycase its funny it kinda reminds me of a National Lampoon movie.
        Henry R
        Koni/Neuspeed
        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Damn good story. This is a prime example of the classic tenting story. I love camping, until it rains.

Comment

nice story mang , camping is all fun until rain comes into play, esp. when you dont have a rain cover for your tent
            Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

i wish my chick would bust out with stuff like this...i would really like it to be woken up with "ther car is packed and we're going camping"...first i would be like "WTF?" but then i would be so happy that i didnt have to worry about anything especially the packing of the car

Originally posted by fizzbob7
              first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
              Originally posted by ACC0RD22
              no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
              So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

at least you didn't go "Snipe" hunting...

My Cardomain

Current Score: Cops - IV Me - V
                Quote of the moment: "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."
                Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
                Simulation Racing Thread i.e. PC, PS2 & XBOX

Comment

Working...
                X