Hmotorsonline's Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmotorsonline's Shop

I picked up my H22 yesterday in Cali at his shop, what a neat place. Just rows and rows of different Honda motors mostly b-series. He had a bunch of JDM integra front clips. There was a whole complete RSX Type R sitting in the back that is a beautiful car. I asked him what he was going to do with it, he said he wasnt sure yet since its not legal for United States. Just thought I would give him a plug. Very professional place, great products at a good price. I highly recomend them for any motor swap.

agreed...steves great to deal with. done about 4 swaps using his motors, and every one of them went perfect....couldnt ask for more.
    Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Thanks for the great review, my friend is about to do a swap and we are looking for places to get the motor. I guess I know where
      Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
      The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Heck yes, i got my motor from them too, and i wouldnt reccomend going anywhere else!

Comment

I guess i am the only one with a bad review on Steve, he gave me, my brother and the shop that did both our swaps the runaround, it took my brother 5 months of it will be there in two weeks phone calls from Steve to get a non LSD H22a swap-not a tough motor to source. and it took me three different orders and 7 months to get my H22a with LSD, here is that story.
          I went to the shop and told them I wanted a Blue Top 220 hp H22a SiR motor from a 97-01 Prelude SiR Spec S, they called steve and he didn't have one for another couple months but he did have a Blue Top H23a VTEC from a 99-2000 Accord SiR Wagon, 225 HP and it was on its way but we found out that It was OBD II and I wanted OBD I for tuning reasons that is why I wanted the Prelude Blue Top, So I decided to wait for a H22a Bluetop to get to his shop, I had my name on the next one. after two months he said he had the motor and it was shipping out to me, guess what, no motor ever came and I had already paid him, then he changed his story and said he wouldn't have one for two months again. So we went with a different importer for my motor from Florida and he went to Japan got the motor and sent it to his shop in Florida where a hurricane hit and took out my motor. DAMN! So then we went back to Steve and he said he couldn't get one but he did have 3 LSD Black top H22a's at the warehouse so I said send it over it will do. and this was in july- I ordered my first motor on May 10th 2004, and in late October a Black top H22a arived at their shop and it had an LSD tranny but it was the wrong tranny, It was the mysterious P2T4 tranny luckily the final drive is 5% shorter but we didn't know that until I drove the car, and my motor apeared to have been boosted at one time, I.E. No header gasket, vaccume lines had t-fittings on them and the oil pan was tapped. So after worrying about my shitty motor everything was done and it was amazingly a good strong motor that pulls good and hard but is took 7 months and alot of bullshit to get the damn thing in my car. I give him a 2 out of 10, just because i got a badass tranny, but noone knows what it out of. so if you know please tell me.
          JDM H22a
          P2T4 tranny
          I/E, CM ultra-light flywheel and CM stage 1 clutch
          16x7 Rota C8's in bronze
          nitto neo gen, 205/50/16
          custom short throw shifter
          Tokico Illumina RAK Coilovers
          Power Stop Cross-Drilled Rotors, Honda Pads
          Honda Torneo Shift Boot and Knob

Comment

i give steve a thumbs up, your never gona get 100% feedback..
            H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Strange, ive never heard of that tranny, that is bizzar...

Yeah, thats strange, are any of the internals built?

Comment

I have seen only two other P2T4 tranny's on the web and they were on honda-tech.com and absoluteprelude.com. Turns out they are non-LSD tranny's and mine is LSD, I check before swap, and there is a prelude on Honda-tech that has that tranny (non-LSD) with bolt ons and a JDM H22a and he runs 13.7's all day long and a P 28 chip. All of the internals are bone stock from i have seen, I never pulled the head but the valvetrain is clean, perfect, and bone stock. Another cool thing is that my swap came with a brand new oem clutch and flywheel that i kept for a backup. The shop said they had never seen a motor come with that and i got the Honda Torneo Shift boot and Knob that is one piece boot and knob, I also got the JDM shifter assembly which is alot different than a stock one with a shorter throw but I gave that to my brother because i made a short throw shifter already. I have had the swap for 6 months now. SHIT, I forgot my LSD was fucked up and wouldn't separate for a turn so I had wheel hop and for some reason Honda MTF fixed it. I had the same shit they put in a Type R from the factory but it would alloy for slip around a turn and that was a big nightmare so the moral of that one is don't get LSD or even a Swap on a daily driver without some big problems guys.
                JDM H22a
                P2T4 tranny
                16x7 Rota C8's in bronze
                nitto neo gen, 205/50/16

Comment

^^ what the heck are you talking about? i have lsd on my DD, with no Power steering and ive never have problems.. steve prob gave you a clutch and a flywheel to be nice along with all the other stuff..

any pics of the blue top obd1 prelude motor that you were looking for? cause ive never heard of it..

Comment

It was the fluid and i was told some LSD's are more agressive than others depending on the fluid choice.
                    Here are pics
                    world.honda.com/ news/1998/4980924a.html
                    www.honda.co.jp/.../ 2000/photo_lib/photo3.html
                    I couldn't find any of the motor right now but they are out there. I was gonna get the blue top for $3200 and I ended paying $2700 for my Blacktop so the money bought rims, some install and tires.
                    JDM H22a
                    P2T4 tranny
                    16x7 Rota C8's in bronze
                    nitto neo gen, 205/50/16

Comment

Originally posted by 91excoupe
                      . I had the same shit they put in a Type R from the factory but it would alloy for slip around a turn and that was a big nightmare so the moral of that one is don't get LSD or even a Swap on a daily driver without some big problems guys.
                      What the hell are you talking about? Are you talking about an Accord Type R? Was that the tranny they used in it?

And why would you not want a LSD? Im with Juan, LSD here with no PS and I wouldnt have it any other way. Its not hard at all to drive.

Comment

I meant the same tranny fluid that the factory LSD cars came with i.e. the type R's. 7-80-90 was what i used and it didn't do good at all, so i tried Honda MTF and it works fine, I love my LSD i just had problems in the beginning, i don't want to be a one tire fire ever again. I just know that this tranny didn't come with an LSD from Honda and somebody put it in there because it would fit. I wouldn't go without ps. just me though, its a luxury I want on my car.
                        JDM H22a
                        P2T4 tranny
                        16x7 Rota C8's in bronze
                        nitto neo gen, 205/50/16

Comment

blue top pic dont work... are you sure you arent talking about the type S red top?

Comment

thats what i thought... maybe you are just making up your story to make steve look bad cause he couldnt find you that prelude blue top....

Comment

he doesn't know what he's talking about...the ONLY blue top is a 200hp F20B
                              thats what i thought... maybe you are just making up your story to make steve look bad cause he couldnt find you that prelude blue top....
                              I decided to defend myself with the facts on these motors but instead how about Fuck You FizzBob7 and Pull Your Dick out of your doughnut phatdoughnut, Fuck You too.
                              JDM H22a
                              P2T4 tranny
                              16x7 Rota C8's in bronze
                              nitto neo gen, 205/50/16

Comment

Working...
                              X