Computer AD Virus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer AD Virus?

Hey guys, I got a problem on my computer, whenever I browse online I always get ADs that popup often, I already have the program Ad-Aware and ran it a couple times, it doesn't detect the source of the problem, just the files that it installs on the computer. Can this be a virus?
    You have been defeated by a car with child locks, how embarassing...

"I noticed my f22 felt "healthier" until it blew up." <Myk>

run spybot and the microsoft spyware tool..

http://www.pchell.com/support/spyware.shtml

My Cardomain

Current Score: Cops - IV Me - V
    Quote of the moment: "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
    Simulation Racing Thread i.e. PC, PS2 & XBOX

Comment

I ran a virus program and it showed me I had ByteVerify virus on my computer, I cant delete it because its embedded in the files, what can i do?

Comment

Format and start over

Comment

Originally posted by Big Body LX
          Format and start over
          Thats what I usually end up doing

Comment

when using spybot or adware, it is most effective to use in SAFE MODE...
            H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
              when using spybot or adware, it is most effective to use in SAFE MODE...
              Yea...I usually go in and delete the stuff myself; just keep track of what you install and delete anything weird.

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

if you get pop ups, you can do ctrl/alt/delete, pop up the window taskmanger, find the popup under applications, and right lick and say find process, and it will show you the name of the .exe, go in and manually delete it..
                H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

I dont think I can format, when I bought my computer they didn't give me a Win XP disk, all I got is some restore disk or something.

Comment

What file/files are infected? You can replace them in safe mode and then delete the old, infected file/files.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                    where you been, is something wrong?
                    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex EX
                      I dont think I can format, when I bought my computer they didn't give me a Win XP disk, all I got is some restore disk or something.
                      im not sure if this an XP feature but it prolly is..you can do a system restore and it will bring you back to orig. setup..any programs that you want to save move to your second HD and they wont be touched. but make sure the programs and files you keep are not infected though.

EDIT: IANAP (i am not a pro) so im not down with all teh 1337 speak and whatnot. but i do dabble with my comp a little
                      Last edited by clarksterdotcom; 05-07-2005, 11:27 PM.

Comment

I just reformatted the HD, thanks guys.

Comment

damn! i'd tried some other things before doing that.. but a clean hard drive is a fast hard drive.. till you get on the net again.

My Cardomain

Current Score: Cops - IV Me - V
                          Quote of the moment: "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."
                          Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
                          Simulation Racing Thread i.e. PC, PS2 & XBOX

Comment

Originally posted by akrodha
                            damn! i'd tried some other things before doing that.. but a clean hard drive is a fast hard drive.. till you get on the net again.
                            Agreed.

Comment

Working...
                            X