Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So yea teenage girls cant drive for shit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So yea teenage girls cant drive for shit...

Well yeah.

I got into a minor accident. The cause? In experienced newbie drivers that cant tell apart the difference between the gas pedal and the brake pedal..in this girls case it was vice versa (she shouldve slammed the brakes first...)

I was coming out of an intersection that has stoplights where I was it was red...but I looked around before I went..and at the same intersection..people were making a left turn into the street I was coming out of, so after a a couple cars went I looked and I was in the clear or so I thought...

I made a right turn and half way thru it...I looked to my left and I saw lights..I gunned it but by the time the truck reacted..it was too late BOOM!!...an 18 year old girl (she looked 18 if not maybe younger) tried to make a U-Turn on the same road...but hit my truck in the process..I wasn't mad nor was I even remotely pissed off...my truck was slightly damaged but its just the sheet metal that can be banged back into place....her car a 1993 Plymouth Acclaim recieved damage to the passenger side fender, a broken turn signal..and a basic scrape.

What I dont get is...why she couldn't stop...my truck is really noticeable because its big and red...I swear teenagers need to go thru the driving course througly before they're allowed to pass...(no offesnse to the younger crowd here). She had time to slam her brakes but instead reacted with the gas..Im not mad or anything it may sound like my fault but I made sure no one was turning before I went.....

This was taken about 20 minutes ago....I will asses more tomorrow morning.

Underside of the truck..thank god its 4wd Ranger...

Another shot of the damage.

OMFG!!! its a Flareside

In all seriousness though...its a relatively easy fix...Im just gonna pick up a sheet metal hammer and have a buddy of mine help me fix the damage..I can access the little dent on the cab from inside...just pop it back out..replace the bent rod..and voila instant fix.

..but anymore further..my rear end would've been done for.

But yeah I can also do Macco but that can wait as well.
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

awwwwwww man that sucks dude

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
    bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

Originally posted by micksf22accord
      awwwwwww man that sucks dude
      Indeed it does Mick..but dont fear my friend..it still runs..that Plymouth Acclaim also got minor damage (talk about a fucking tank) but Im buying a sheet metal hammer...looks like I have a weekend project planned out now
      Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,

Comment

stupid dumb bitches man i tell ya

Comment

Tell me if this is right. If I'm way off, then please correct me:

No, really- correct me if I'm wrong.
          Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
          2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
          2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
          2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Im at fault...no question never said I wasnt but thats what happened. But..like I said I made sure no one was coming..before I went. And when I did...boom truck was hit.

Light was red on my side but your still allowed to go regardless...

Believe me I tried going as fast as I could, just couldnt go fast enough. besides her car wasn't too badly damaged that she couldnt drive it.

I yielded..she basically came out of nowhere..and plus a truck isnt too hard to miss really.

and usually people hit the brakes in that case...but for her the gas was an option.

:edit:

The Po-po showed up but didnt give anyone a citation since it was a minor accident...its basically common sense on the girls part..you see a vehicle go..hit the brakes..dont gas it.

But the trucks an easy fix..Im just banging the metal back into place tomorrow..with a sheet metal hammer or a soft rubber mallet.

In any case...I highly doubt they'll come after me to fix a 12 year old car..thats probably got the lowest insurance you can get.
            Last edited by HenRoc; 05-06-2005, 11:19 PM.
            Henry R
            Koni/Neuspeed
            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
            Legend FSM

Comment

Well, good luck to you.
              Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
              2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
              2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
              2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

^^^^^^ nice drawing

this is a hard situation to give either one of you more fault than the other. but by the way you put it, i think she was more then 50% at fault when entering a u-turn, most cars should be slow enough to actually make the turn and should be slow enough to stop abruptly. also since it isn't hard to notice that you were indeed turning right onto the street, she should have been smart enough to slow down/stop.

anyways, i'm glad i went through all of my driver's ed. classes. made me more confident, cautious, and safe behind the wheel

Click Here for My Member's Page | Free money for searching the web. Needs PayPal account

Comment

Originally posted by ACCORDianate
                  Well, good luck to you.
                  Thanks. I'll wait and see what happens in the next week or so..and thanks for the drawing.
                  Henry R
                  Koni/Neuspeed
                  1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                  Legend FSM

Comment

glad you are safe!
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCORDianate
                      Tell me if this is right. If I'm way off, then please correct me:

No, really- correct me if I'm wrong.
                      the girl is 100% at fault...you are not allowed to make any type of U turn within 100 feet (or was it yards?) of an intersection with traffic light...this girl was like 0 feet away lol =)....atleast that's how it is around here
                      For Sale:
                      itr mid pipe = $80 + shiping
                      tr injen sri $80 + shipping

(2) Eibach ERS 600x2.5x600 = $80shipped in US

Comment

Originally posted by azian21485
                        the girl is 100% at fault...you are not allowed to make any type of U turn within 100 feet (or was it yards?) of an intersection with traffic light...this girl was like 0 feet away lol =)....atleast that's how it is around here
                        Well around here they dont have signs for it..but still it is common sense, if you see someone go halfway thru the turn/..stop dont gas it. Feel bad for her though insurance is gonna skyrocket.
                        Henry R
                        Koni/Neuspeed
                        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                        Legend FSM

Comment

all i have to say is it was a good thing i wasnt there...i probably would have smacked the bitch...im not saying either person is at fault...but this did happen at like 1030 ish or something...she was probably on the phone or had the radio cranked...and not paying attention...but whatever...and come to think of it....there is no sign for uturns at that light....but people do it all the time...and where henry got hit....people do that all the time as well...ive seen people going on their red light and someone tries to make the uturn....and they stop....before anyone gets hit...not a hard concept....but i thought he was lying...he always calls me and tells me he got into an accident...well when he called me i was like yea whatever..hes like no i really did...i was like ohh ok...so what happened...and i still kind of didnt believe him until it was like an hour later....couldnt believe it....fucking teenage drivers around nashua im telling you i work with the cause of about 90% of the accidents around town....no offense to you younger guys...some of you have the common sense...but damn the kids i work with at shaws....no fucking way....

Comment

was this in nashua on the dw hw b/c there was a accident there but i couldnt see who it was. but it was holding up trafic. and no offense but 100% your fault. yeah she did suck at driving but you shouldnt of put her in that situation. but dosent look to bad where you going to get it fixed. good luck with it
                            Last edited by ChIoVnIdCa; 05-07-2005, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Sorry about your truck, glad nobody was hurt, too. Glad the damage was minimal.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X