Which car should I get????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which car should I get????

Well, now that I am forced to buy another car since the untimely death of my beloved Accord, there are a couple options I am considering....

A) My Dad has been trying to sell his oh so pimp 98 Accord EX V6 and basicly told me if I want it all I have to do is go to Phoenix, bring it back to Texas and just assume the car payments (a pretty damn good deal for that car!)

B) Just buy another CB7

What do you guys think?
    98 Accord V6
    53.85%
    CB7
    46.15%
    00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Well don't you have a bunch of mods that were done to your Accord? If not then I would go for the 98. Just remember there aren't that many parts for the V6's.
    Originally posted by rickyduckworth
    i'll do *** things for the OEM trunk lip spoiler

Comment

CB7 for sure

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
      bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

98 accord. def will last you much longer. cb7's are old you know that. plus to many common problems with the cb.
        [deevergote]" It's not the car that makes the ricer... it's the ricer that ruins the car!"

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordcoupe93
          98 accord. def will last you much longer. cb7's are old you know that. plus to many common problems with the cb.

HELL NAW there shit cb7 is much better

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
          bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

The 98 is a lot newer, will have far less miles. You know the history of the car. Plus 200 hp stock, granted its an autotragic. Plus...the bodylines on the 98-02 are quite nice as well.

Get the 98, and get a beater CB to build a racecar out of.

Comment

If you want gas mileage and practicality, def. go with the cb7. The V6 sucks much more gas than the F22. Besides, you can get a cb7 much cheaper than a 98 Accord. For the price difference, you could do some pretty extensive mods or upgrades. That's my .02$
              Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
              D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
              ┴─┴
              ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Originally posted by Masamune
                If you want gas mileage and practicality, def. go with the cb7. The V6 sucks much more gas than the F22. Besides, you can get a cb7 much cheaper than a 98 Accord. For the price difference, you could do some pretty extensive mods or upgrades. That's my .02$
                Just remember that the more mods you do, the lower your gas mileage will go.

I'm willing to bet the gas mileage stock on the cars are comparible.

Comment

Don't think for a second that I won't ever own another CB7, I will get another one. I was thinking if I go with the 98 I'm not touching it, it will remain a nice stock daily car. Then once its paid off buy a CB7 to mess with on the side, maybe a 2 dr DX or something and just build it as a balls-to-the-wall roadracer. hmmm...just an idea

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

i heard that the 98-02 v6 trannys on the accords were horrible?

i dunno, but... i would say get the v6 anyway

Comment

I say the 98. 1st year body style= first year problems, however.
                      Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                      2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                      2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                      2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Originally posted by brownaznkid
                        i heard that the 98-02 v6 trannys on the accords were horrible?
                        True, the 98+ have been much more problematic than the 97's and back, but it was mainly the 00/01 4 cyl Accords, they actually carry a 125K trans warranty. My Dad's Accord has 81K on it now and has a 100K mile Honda Care extended warranty so I'm not too worried. Even if the trans does eventually shell, I've done so many 98+ Accord and Odyssey transmissions....I can pretty much do them in my sleep. Not to mention, most of the common 6th gen problems have already happened and were taken care of by warranty...even new CV boots last year. Hell, and I just put a timing belt in it last time I was in Phoenix so it really doesn't need anything. The more I think about it.....the more appealing it becomes.

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

The 98 sounds nice, but the CB7 is just so much more... CB7! I dunno. I'm biased. I DO like the 6th gen, especially the V6 Coupes. Still, the 6 is auto only (unless you can put the newer 6 speed into it...) The CB7 just seems to have more soul to me. Newer cars just don't do it!

Comment

I've always like the V6 style. I like your idea of keeping it stock and then getting a cb7 on the side. Good luck....I wish I was in your shoes
                            www.spokenbracelets.com

SOLD my cb7

Comment

Oh my god thats a tough one.. Id say go with a CB7 with the J30
                              To-Do List for Today
                              Be Awesome

Comment

Working...
                              X