Site suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site suggestions

I just read Fizzbobs post about how there are too many people making new posts in this board when they should have just searched cause it was already been answered. Anyway I think that we should be lenient to some degree for the new commers and just in general, we dont want to drive people away. but anyway onto the suggestions, would it be possible to change the limit on the 'Search' function so that you CAN search for 3 letter words, alot of times I try to search but it says that a 3 letter word is too short, it just happens that many automotive terms ARE 3 letter words, egr, pcv, abs, etc... also to cut down on posts, maybe we could have a list of members that are cool with people contacting them via msn, yahoo,etc to ask questions or PM them...Just an idea guys...

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

The 3 letter search i think is just to weed out posts. If you search for a 3 letter word, it will return a heck of a lot of threads, whereas a 4 letter word wouldnt.. at least i think.

As far as the members list thing... if you want to be contacted, just add your SN to your profile, and it will be under your name. simply click on it, and it'll give you the SN. The list thread would get old, and nobody would use it.

And being easy on newb's. Some people just have to learn. People with threads that say " I want an h22, where should I look" or "What parts do i need for the swap" should just be deleted. These topics have been beaten to death, and i know there are threads out there.

Comment

Originally posted by aero3685
      The 3 letter search i think is just to weed out posts. If you search for a 3 letter word, it will return a heck of a lot of threads, whereas a 4 letter word wouldnt.. at least i think.

As far as the members list thing... if you want to be contacted, just add your SN to your profile, and it will be under your name. simply click on it, and it'll give you the SN. The list thread would get old, and nobody would use it.

And being easy on newb's. Some people just have to learn. People with threads that say " I want an h22, where should I look" or "What parts do i need for the swap" should just be deleted. These topics have been beaten to death, and i know there are threads out there.

WORD

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
      bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

ya i got what you guys are saying for going easy on people i get that, and the *oil thing i never knew that before too. cool stuff fizz

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

unless its some stupid thing like an ignitor...there was seriously like one thread about it, lol.

and "stall" didnt exactly help me either.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
            people who post useless jibberish get annoying too

LMAO hahaha I dont know why that made me laugh but it did haha but yeah i know it does get annoying and people pm saying "U ARE FUCKED UP" and such anothere is "WTF IS UR PROB?" and theres like 12345678910 million of them and yes i do know im fucked up my whole family is like that so get used to it

Dynamic racing

Comment

Originally posted by micksf22accord
              LMAO hahaha I dont know why that made me laugh but it did haha but yeah i know it does get annoying and people pm saying "U ARE FUCKED UP" and such anothere is "WTF IS UR PROB?" and theres like 12345678910 million of them and yes i do know im fucked up my whole family is like that so get used to it
              LMAO...thats the best excuse i've heard, im fucked up, because of my family, ROFL. As for creating a list of SN's and such, they are already located in the profiles of everyone, so there really is no need. If people need info on technical stuff or parts, that they can probably search for them , unless, which has been mentioned, they are 3 letter words, then sometimes it is tough to find. i think fizzbob's mean behavior and such is good, because it makes people realize that they neeed to search and/or not post or make threads with already covered topics. i guess all one can say is BEWARE of fizzbob, lol, because he'll give you the reality SLAP. haha
              Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                people who post useless jibberish get annoying too

and if you're easy on them, how do you get their attention?
                the stickies and posts up top don't get it
                THE STICKIES NEED TO BE IN HOT PINK SO THEY CAN SEE THEM

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
                  THE STICKIES NEED TO BE IN HOT PINK SO THEY CAN SEE THEM

LMAO perfect idea BUT ABOUT THIS BIG

Dynamic racing

Comment

i think fizzbob's mean behavior and such is good, because it makes people realize that they neeed to search and/or not post or make threads with already covered topics. i guess all one can say is BEWARE of fizzbob, lol, because he'll give you the reality SLAP. haha
                    Ricky's bark is worse than his bite. He and i have tussled many times in the past and we still got MAAAAD respect for each other. He is just very matter of fact and straight off the cuff. No minced words, just tells it like it is. Some people can't hande this style of delivery. Personally, i prefer to know how you REALLY feel rather than have you tell me some BS.
                    People need to toughen up a bit. Some newbs need to understand that others busted their humps to get the info that is just a few keystrokes away. Invest a little time to find things.
                    One thing that i've noticed is that if a person clearly has gathered pertinent info prior to asking a question, it shows in the text of the question, and thus people are more prone to help since you've demonstrated that you've been able to gather some info before hitting a stop. (WOW Run-on-sentence!)

Anywayz
                    Have a Blessed Day!
                    Bean Town Crew Member #3
                    Lovin' the 6MT w/ Nav TL!
                    "They Aint the REAL McCOY!"

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                      I just read Fizzbobs post about how there are too many people making new posts in this board when they should have just searched cause it was already been answered. Anyway I think that we should be lenient to some degree for the new commers and just in general, we dont want to drive people away. but anyway onto the suggestions, would it be possible to change the limit on the 'Search' function so that you CAN search for 3 letter words, alot of times I try to search but it says that a 3 letter word is too short, it just happens that many automotive terms ARE 3 letter words, egr, pcv, abs, etc... also to cut down on posts, maybe we could have a list of members that are cool with people contacting them via msn, yahoo,etc to ask questions or PM them...Just an idea guys...
                      The trick with three letter searches is to add a " * " at the end of that search to make it a four word search.that's always worked for me.
                      ~~~~~~~

Comment

Right.

The 4 letter search is a pain sometimes, but I'm not sure why it exists. It may be an unchangable function of this software, or it may be a way of saving bandwidth. The * fixes it though. It's a wildcard symbol that will return anything with your three letter word in it. It works well.

As for noobs... I try to be tolerant. We all do. I know that SOME people are real jerks about it when they reply ("search noob!") ... Others are quick but helpful (like uncle_el's now famous links) and others (like me) answer the questions OVER AND OVER again... It does get tiring. People need to search, end of story. If someone asks a dumb question, I would probably give them a very quick answer and let it be known that more detailed info is already availible (and el will come around and show them where! ) There are some people that are just too lazy to search (some that even admit it) those people should be shot. Posting unnecessary questions because you're lazy is as bad as post whoring... And it will begin to be treated as such. A simple mistake won't get you in trouble, but a blatant "I didn't search, but does a Prelude motor fit in a CB7?" will get you some heat!

Comment

so if anyone wanted info and got the info off the search.....there wouldnt be any threads here. prolly the only place where there would be action is the off topic.besides that there would not be no point in coming here and seeing "whats new" new questions or concerns...i mean there are some threads that just NEED to go but you cannot rely on people doing more search then actually posting..this place would be dead...
                          95' BB2

My Members Ride Profile

Comment

Working...
                          X