Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does this mean?

Or what is the purpose of this?

the tape/cover on the headlights; someone educate me of the reasoning behind this. ive also seen the electrical tape "X'ed" over the headlights, what is that for?

im not hating on it, i really just dont know what its all about

Yah I wonder why too!!???

maybe to reduce fiction?

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

I think its because if the headlight shatters...it wont burst out debris on to the track.

:edit: This is Accrdkid speakin heh.

Comment

I would guess that the tape is on there so that if a headlight were to break, it would not shatter all over the course.

Comment

Originally posted by EJ8lvr
          I think its because if the headlight shatters...it wont burst out debris on to the track.

:edit: This is Accrdkid speakin heh.
          yea man, i was talking with aero3685 (brandon) earlier about it and that is what he concluded..

but what about the X that i see so often? same purpose?

Comment

That's exactly right, its to protect the headlights and to keep them from littering the track.

Comment

I see the purpose of the whole light being covered but I too am confused about the X.
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Dudes those protective film are to protect the headlights from rocks or any debri hitting them. I don't know if they help with headlight shatter, but I do know they help protect your headlights.

Comment

yeah i always concluded it was to keep the headlight from shattering, plus it looks hardcore!

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                  "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                  "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Side note, some rally cars have clear strips layered on top of the headlights that they can strip off quickly to remove dirt. Similar to paintball helmets and the like.

I thought it was cool.
                    -Jay

Comment

Yeah, makes sense.. just like you tape your windows w/an X if a hurricane is coming(if you dont have time for plywood.) But keeping the stuff off the track seems like the answer. Since they dont really care if there is a little contact or whatnot, they keep driving.

Comment

Haha, the X tape pattern actually gives strength to glass... For your hurricane windows, the x adds a fair amout of strength to big windows..something along the lines of reduces the harmonic effect on the window and making it bend less ie: strength! I couldnt really see the x making a big difference on a small car headlight though...

Comment

the tape adds more strength to the glass...kind of like how small rocks have the tendency of cracking windshields...if you had tape on the windshield that wouldnt happen...now if ti was a big rock, that tape wont do anything

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                          first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
                          Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                          no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
                          So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

pimp, im gonna put a huge X oin my windshield now
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

That film thats on there isn't transparent. If they think they will use the head lights they will use the x. And the taillight have x's so that the drivers behind can see them.
                              "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Working...
                              X