TAS Auto closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TAS Auto closed

When did this happen? Getting all my bookmarks situated on my new computer, to find this. Weak.

Accord Aero-R

Really? Good! They were a terrible company. Overpriced "ebay" junk for the most part... or OEM parts that I'm fairly certain were simply purchased from a local dealer (possibly Majestic Honda, as they were fairly close, I believe) and resold at a higher price.

Comment

Didn't you used to advertise them on here? Granted, that wouldn't be the only paying(?) advertiser you later turned on, lol.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

The times are a changing.....

Comment

That's a bummer. I actually would check out things from time to time on their page.
          For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

sucks that an accord parts provider closed yet they price gouged the fuck outta some stuff, but for reference theres always the way back machine/internet archive

https://web.archive.org/web/20160218...w.tasauto.com/

they didnt really have anything exclusive you cant find elsewhere, good to see what their combinations of parts were like for the big brake upgrade, but you can find all that info here and piece it together yourself for hundreds less

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
              Didn't you used to advertise them on here? Granted, that wouldn't be the only paying(?) advertiser you later turned on, lol.
              You mean it wouldn't be the only non-paying advertiser I've turned on... only, unlike some of the others, TAS actually had an agreement with me that they completely violated. The only "payment" I ever received was a set of TASauto "adjustable control arms"... which were nothing more than cheap stamped steel arms (the kind you get for $20 on ebay) bearing a TASauto decal, with Ingalls adjustable ball joints. I think they sold them for $300 a pair. That was supposed to be payment for 6 months of advertising, as well as proof of the quality of their TASauto branded products. After 6 months, they stopped responding to my attempts at communication. Their banner only remained active for so long because I feared messing with the code (the banners at the top right are hard-coded, and I have Pandemic change them for me... hence DCB7's banner still being active...)

There was NOTHING good about TASauto. They had potential, but they failed to live up to it. They failed miserably. I'm sure that's a large part of the reason for their demise. You can't sell overpriced junk for long before people catch on... especially in a niche market.

Companies like ESP do what TAS SHOULD have done. Just a handful of high quality chassis-specific performance parts is all a company needs... that, and respect for their customers and partners.

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                sucks that an accord parts provider closed yet they price gouged the fuck outta some stuff, but for reference theres always the way back machine/internet archive

https://web.archive.org/web/20160218...w.tasauto.com/

they didnt really have anything exclusive you cant find elsewhere, good to see what their combinations of parts were like for the big brake upgrade, but you can find all that info here and piece it together yourself for hundreds less
                That's true. I often use sites that offer kits when compiling a list of necessary parts. Ebay turbo kits are a great way to plan out the basic necessities!

When TAS first started catering to the CB7 community (which was primarily due to the urging of the members of this site), I thought it was a great thing. Eventually, I realized that they were only trying to cash in on a niche market. They were good for providing overpriced kits, often with cheap junk parts. Lazy kids that didn't want to source their own individual parts were happy to have someone do the work for them!

Comment

TASauto :facepalm: honestly I will admit that I did buy something from them unfortunately for a not so nice price. I would like to be directed for to someone locally for the parts I'm looking for. All I can say tas auto never again
                  Last edited by h22sparkle; 08-30-2016, 08:58 PM.

Comment

You wouldn't have that option anyway, since they're out of business!

OEM or quality... KNOWN quality aftermarket. That's the only way to go. The market is absolutely flooded with cheap garbage these days, because the opportunists understand that kids don't want to put a $1500 suspension on their $800 car. Sell cheap crap and say it's good, and people will buy it. Jack up the price to provide a "kit", and people will pay for the convenience. They'll thank you for overcharging them for shite parts, and encourage their friends to buy from you as well.

Welcome to the economy of ignorance. I'm kinda surprised TAS didn't make it, honestly. They had the formula of exploitation down.

Comment

Good. No offense to you CyborgGT.

I had a bad experience with them over $400+ of window seals back in 2012.

They did price gouge. However my experience wasn't based on price. I knew what I was getting. Or supposed to get anyhow. Long story short IIRC they sent me 4 window seals and sent two passenger side fronts when I clearly ordered one for each door for a four door.

Edit... oh yeah, and they didn't want to take the wrong one back and send me the correct one. Which cost more and what I paid for.
                      Last edited by H311RA151N; 08-30-2016, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        You wouldn't have that option anyway, since they're out of business!

OEM or quality... KNOWN quality aftermarket. That's the only way to go. The market is absolutely flooded with cheap garbage these days, because the opportunists understand that kids don't want to put a $1500 suspension on their $800 car. Sell cheap crap and say it's good, and people will buy it. Jack up the price to provide a "kit", and people will pay for the convenience. They'll thank you for overcharging them for shite parts, and encourage their friends to buy from you as well.

Welcome to the economy of ignorance. I'm kinda surprised TAS didn't make it, honestly. They had the formula of exploitation down.
                        They are out of business YAAAAAAYYYY! who do we use next? I want and hope that 1aauto have some good things or atleast start making stuff as far as replacements. Exploitation???? try extortion

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                          Good. No offense to you CyborgGT.

I had a bad experience with them over $400+ of window seals back in 2012.

They did price gouge. However my experience wasn't based on price. I knew what I was getting. Or supposed to get anyhow. Long story short IIRC they sent me 4 window seals and sent two passenger side fronts when I clearly ordered one for each door for a four door.

Edit... oh yeah, and they didn't want to take the wrong one back and send me the correct one. Which cost more and what I paid for.
                          Damn that's messed up. This is why I flood the junkyards for stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                            No offense to you CyborgGT.
                            I never actually got around to buying anything from them. I just appreciated the fact that there was another place that catered specifically to the Accord enthusiast base. It seems this chassis's fifteen minutes of fame has come and gone these past three or four years. As controversial a topic as Bisimoto is, I personally felt they did something great - something real - for the F22. Bisi then got shit on so hard (for legit reasons or not, I'm not wanting to get into that here), and appropriately left the Honda scene almost altogether. I think they'll still tune our cars or do custom work if you bring your car to them, but they definitely aren't bringing anything new out or even keeping old parts in production.

Personally, I'm just sick of all the "hating" attached to the Honda community. There are these companies that seem to be trying to help us out, but we don't approve of their methods. Yet, instead of trying to work with them to improve the relationship, everyone is quick to bring them to their knees and we're back to having nothing at all. Way to go, team.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Were there any products TAS sold that were exclusive to them? Seems to me they were just a reseller of easy to find parts. Like ROH kits that were hundreds of dollars more than what you could just piece together on your own.

What bothers me about the Honda community is the rampant misinformation and laziness. It seems everytime I google something for a Honda it's a million posts of "how do I do dis" then 10 people chiming in with their opinion on how it's done. Or "lol why do you need to know dat" like why do you think I need an AC pressure chart?

You are being lazy, getting upsold on a ROH kit made from readily available components. Everyone who can google knows it's hubs, rotors, calipers, and pads; you are just throwing away $200 letting someone else put together the very uncomplicated formula for you. "It is effort and concentration that makes life worthwhile" -Bert Munro.
                              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Working...
                              X