Mountaineer totaled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mountaineer totaled

So, this morning my mom fell asleep behind the wheel and rolled it, police and EMS were expecting to find a body but my mom walked away. EMS said she needed to go to the hospital and she refused until I talked to her and told her she really needed to go, got a friend to bring her and I got a ride to the truck. I'll post pictures in a minute. She may have a concussion and a broken finger but other than that, just cuts and bruises.
    1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
    1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
    1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
    1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Oh no! That sucks!
    I'm glad your mom is ok, at least. Losing the truck sucks, but trucks can be replaced. Moms can't. Was it fully insured, or only liability?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        Oh no! That sucks!
        I'm glad your mom is ok, at least. Losing the truck sucks, but trucks can be replaced. Moms can't. Was it fully insured, or only liability?
        Liability only

Comment

Ouch. That sucks. Are you guys going to be able to get another car?

I'm amazed she was relatively uninjured. It's likely that nodding off spared her some injury. Many injuries occur when people tense up in a crash.

Comment

I really don't have any idea where we are going to go from here and how we will get another vehicle. Not having collision on our insurance means this is a total loss.

Comment

Look around for local charity organizations that might be able to donate a car.
              Like this one (I have no idea how legitimate or likely this one is... it was just the first that I found.)
              http://www.800charitycars.org/who-can-apply.html

You won't get anything good, but you might be able to get a vehicle.

Comment

damn, on i75 too?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  Look around for local charity organizations that might be able to donate a car.
                  Like this one (I have no idea how legitimate or likely this one is... it was just the first that I found.)
                  http://www.800charitycars.org/who-can-apply.html

You won't get anything good, but you might be able to get a vehicle.
                  Thank you Deerver.

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
                    damn, on i75 too?
                    Yea, on I-75, and she didn't hit any one else, only a guard rail. Backed traffic up. She just had the thought, "I might be on the news"........ Despite the circumstances, I guess she still has a sense of humor.

Comment

Youch, looks like she got pretty lucky with how far the roof came down. Do they know how fast she was going? Wolf's mentioning of the specific highway just has me wondering if that's significant. Plus, my roomate has an Explorer of the same gen, so I'm curious about the details. Looks like a nasty drop behind that guardrail.

Sucks this had to happen given your car situation lately, but I'm glad to hear it ended well towards what really matters.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Good to see nobody got badly hurt. That'll buff out..

Stay positive!

Comment

Yowza! Praise God that she walked away from that!

My wife fell asleep on an interstate last year. She will tell you that the worst part is waking up and realizing what is happening to you. She unfortunately did hit another car, but did not flip or roll.

800 Charity Cars seems legitimate. It can't hurt to apply. You can also call the number to verify the legitimacy.
                          *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                          ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                          ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                          "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                          Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                          The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                          Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                            Youch, looks like she got pretty lucky with how far the roof came down. Do they know how fast she was going? Wolf's mentioning of the specific highway just has me wondering if that's significant. Plus, my roomate has an Explorer of the same gen, so I'm curious about the details. Looks like a nasty drop behind that guardrail.

Sucks this had to happen given your car situation lately, but I'm glad to hear it ended well towards what really matters.
                            Yea, the police and EMT's said they had never seen anybody walk away from a roll over that bad, usually the person would be seriously injured or dead.

She said she had cruise control set at 85, she hit the grass in the median and over corrected.

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                            Good to see nobody got badly hurt. That'll buff out..

Stay positive!
                            Yea, I'll try, but she has a guardian angel watching over her.

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
                            Yowza! Praise God that she walked away from that!

My wife fell asleep on an interstate last year. She will tell you that the worst part is waking up and realizing what is happening to you. She unfortunately did hit another car, but did not flip or roll.

800 Charity Cars seems legitimate. It can't hurt to apply. You can also call the number to verify the legitimacy.
                            Yea, I'll probably call them.

Comment

I'm glad she's ok, well with non life-threatening injuries. I'm sure that it's an emotionally and mental stressful time, but it gives you so much more to be thankful for.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                              X