Anybody interested in the new camaro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody interested in the new camaro?

Looking to buy one probably a couple years from now. The v6 1le seems right up my alley. Anyone else looking at them?
    Looking for a new CB. Sell me yours!

I like the numbers of the 2016 SS, but everybody here (atl) has one...that and I'm short so I feel like I'm sitting in a tank.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
      I like the numbers of the 2016 SS, but everybody here (atl) has one...that and I'm short so I feel like I'm sitting in a tank.
      Im near atl and have never seen one in person. The ss is just too expensive to me. Im not paying 45kish for the ss 1le. Thats used z06 money and id get a used z06 if I could afford it haha. Im short too and daily a 4th gen. Even tall people cant see out of it that well its not really built for you to see everything like a honda. You sit on the floor, look ahead, and get a feel for where the tires are on the road and hope for success pretty much but I love it.
      Last edited by MrTShoff; 02-10-2016, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Since you asked... no. They're ugly, and that's all there is to it for me. I've always been a Mustang fan, and the Challenger is hugely tempting... but no on the Camaro. I prefer the first through third gen Camaros/Firebirds. I'm actually really wanting a 3g Trans Am in red. My late cousin had one and I miss both of them.
        Last edited by CyborgGT; 02-10-2016, 09:30 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Dude, you can't be that short. I'm 5'10 and I hit my head EVERYTIME I have to get in one of those.. That, and the windshield is very narrow. I feel restricted and slightly claustrophobic in those cars. The same with the new mustangs. But I 100% agree with you, everybody here has a damn Camaro/Charger. That, and I don't think ANYBODY has the stock wheels on their Charger. Bunch of nasty ass chrome things..

And if you're gonna get a RWD sports car, get the LS motor. You're paying the insurance anyway right?

I personally don't care for them. It's like a Charger had a half developed baby with a BRZ.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
            Dude, you can't be that short. I'm 5'10 and I hit my head EVERYTIME I have to get in one of those.. That, and the windshield is very narrow. I feel restricted and slightly claustrophobic in those cars. The same with the new mustangs. But I 100% agree with you, everybody here has a damn Camaro/Charger. That, and I don't think ANYBODY has the stock wheels on their Charger. Bunch of nasty ass chrome things..

And if you're gonna get a RWD sports car, get the LS motor. You're paying the insurance anyway right?

I personally don't care for them. It's like a Charger had a half developed baby with a BRZ.
            Im like 5'8 and have no real issues driving one either. The LT1 in the new camaro is much better than the ls3 that came in last years model and really id rather have one than an ls7 since those tend to drop valves. I prefer the new one to the 2010-2015 by far but my favorite is still the 3rd gen but a 3rd gen just wont be as good as the new one as far as a dd/track car. I guess the looks are an opinion though though and everyone is entitled to theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
              Since you asked... no. They're ugly, and that's all there is to it for me. I've always been a Mustang fan, and the Challenger is hugely tempting... but no on the Camaro. I prefer the first through third gen Camaros/Firebirds. I'm actually really wanting a 3g Trans Am in red. My late cousin had one and I miss both of them.
              Mustangs and challengers are both pretty cool but id never have any challenger short of a hellcat in my driveway. Mustangs are gorgeous though but im a chevy guy at heart when it comes to domestics since camaros were almost always the better looking and performing car IMO (working on an ls swapped fox that makes me want another project right now). I do love the 3rd gens though almost bought one before I got my 4th gen.

Comment

I'm 5'6" ish and it just doesn't fit me...I'll stick with the small cars like the Cayman.

The ls7 came in the Maro? From the factory? I didn't know that.
                Oh they did make a z/28 trim. Meh...I could just buy corvette at that point.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I'm 5'6" ish and it just doesn't fit me...I'll stick with the small cars like the Cayman.

The ls7 came in the Maro? From the factory? I didn't know that.
                  Oh they did make a z/28 trim. Meh...I could just buy corvette at that point.
                  Okay yea at 5'6 thats pushing it as far as being able to drive one but you could probably still do it if you were determined haha.
                  Yes the z28 and the z06 vette both had the ls7 and the z28 does outperfom the regular vettes but vettes are also difficult to see out of. Vettes are cool but theyre pretty much z06 or bust for me. Unless its a c5 because the base model hatchback looks much better than the coupe to me.

Comment

The magazines seem to adore the new Camaro, since it's now using the same chassis as the ATS and CTS (also cars that the magazines seem to love.) It's apparently still a very heavy car, despite dropping a few pounds since the last model... and supposedly it never lets you forget that it's heavy. I suppose that's what people expect from such a car, but it's that heavy feeling that prevents me from wanting one. Honestly, I don't want a Mustang or Challenger for the same reason! They're all extremely capable cars, and my needs and abilities would certainly never exceed the capabilities of any of those three cars... so it all comes down to aesthetics and practicality... and none of them really appeal enough for me to genuinely want one.

I didn't get a good look at the Camaro at the auto show last week, unfortunately. I wanted to, but closing time was fast approaching, and I was seriously disgusted by my experience in the C7 Corvette (I was so looking forward to it, and it was SO disappointing... my decade-old Cadillac has a better interior, and that's not saying much!)

I also hate that the Camaro shares a platform with Cadillacs. Part of my reason for loving my CTS-V is that it's a Cadillac-only platform. Until now, now CTS has ever shared a platform with any other GM brand. That did a lot for me in terms of identifying my car as a true Cadillac, rather than a badge-engineered GM product. I know that since the Camaro shares the Cadillac platform, and not the other way around, I shouldn't look at an ATS and think "that's a luxury Camaro"... but I do.

That being said, I'd probably take an ATS over a Camaro.

GM is doing good things, though. I'll give them that. They're still lacking in terms of interior quality, but they're beginning to catch on when it comes to what people truly want.

Comment

ATS looks amazing, I'd take one over any of the three muscle coupes. Hell, even the German competitors. They should make a wagon version...

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        The magazines seem to adore the new Camaro, since it's now using the same chassis as the ATS and CTS (also cars that the magazines seem to love.) It's apparently still a very heavy car, despite dropping a few pounds since the last model... and supposedly it never lets you forget that it's heavy. I suppose that's what people expect from such a car, but it's that heavy feeling that prevents me from wanting one. Honestly, I don't want a Mustang or Challenger for the same reason! They're all extremely capable cars, and my needs and abilities would certainly never exceed the capabilities of any of those three cars... so it all comes down to aesthetics and practicality... and none of them really appeal enough for me to genuinely want one.

I didn't get a good look at the Camaro at the auto show last week, unfortunately. I wanted to, but closing time was fast approaching, and I was seriously disgusted by my experience in the C7 Corvette (I was so looking forward to it, and it was SO disappointing... my decade-old Cadillac has a better interior, and that's not saying much!)

I also hate that the Camaro shares a platform with Cadillacs. Part of my reason for loving my CTS-V is that it's a Cadillac-only platform. Until now, now CTS has ever shared a platform with any other GM brand. That did a lot for me in terms of identifying my car as a true Cadillac, rather than a badge-engineered GM product. I know that since the Camaro shares the Cadillac platform, and not the other way around, I shouldn't look at an ATS and think "that's a luxury Camaro"... but I do.

That being said, I'd probably take an ATS over a Camaro.

GM is doing good things, though. I'll give them that. They're still lacking in terms of interior quality, but they're beginning to catch on when it comes to what people truly want.
                        The corvette has never really had a nice interior. The rest I can understand and the sentiment seems to ring true here. I guess I did ask on a Honda forum. Me personally I really like GMs new direction and heavy cars are the norm now. For a 2016 to still weigh as much as my 4th gen (its a 3500lb car) seems like great progress to me not to mention the performance theyre getting out of the things (mustang included). I dont really understand the gripes on some points (its refined enough to me for an american muscle car performance and interior wise) but thats why I post these things. Just want to see the opinions.

Comment

3000 lbs is the new EF civic in 2016. Many people love their sub 2500lb cars, but manufacturers are putting out some cars that will eat these older cars in almost every category, stock.

The older CTS's interior really bothers me...and I've only sat in one. The new Camaro's interior seems nice, not as simple as I'd like but definitely not bad. I haven't had the opportunity to sit in one yet so I can't comment on the quality.

I like what all the Big 3 companies are doing...less so on FCAs side. I would love an ATS wagon with a NA v8, in black please.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrTShoff View Post
                            The corvette has never really had a nice interior. The rest I can understand and the sentiment seems to ring true here. I guess I did ask on a Honda forum. Me personally I really like GMs new direction and heavy cars are the norm now. For a 2016 to still weigh as much as my 4th gen (its a 3500lb car) seems like great progress to me not to mention the performance theyre getting out of the things (mustang included). I dont really understand the gripes on some points (its refined enough to me for an american muscle car performance and interior wise) but thats why I post these things. Just want to see the opinions.
                            The new Corvette was supposed to have an interior worth looking at, though! It was just so, so bad.

My CTS-V is about 3800lbs. It's cool, and it feels quite small at speed... but the massive size of it keeps me from pushing it too hard. I have $450 in very carefully shopped brakes to go on as soon as the weather warms up. Spending $1000 could have been very easy! Tires are also pushing $1000 for anything worth installing (I'm talking high performance all season bridgestone or continental.)
                            I think that's my biggest beef with heavy cars. If you want to drive a heavy car hard, you pay the price in tires and brakes!
                            I could probably track a Miata all day long, and still drive on its tires for another 2 months.

I don't disagree that for what it is, it surpasses expectations. American muscle was never expected to handle as well as the current offerings do (well, the Challenger is still a lumbering beast compared to the Camaro and Mustang... but still way better than its namesake!)

3000 lbs is the new EF civic in 2016. Many people love their sub 2500lb cars, but manufacturers are putting out some cars that will eat these older cars in almost every category, stock.

The older CTS's interior really bothers me...and I've only sat in one. The new Camaro's interior seems nice, not as simple as I'd like but definitely not bad. I haven't had the opportunity to sit in one yet so I can't comment on the quality.

I like what all the Big 3 companies are doing...less so on FCAs side. I would love an ATS wagon with a NA v8, in black please.
                            The CTS-V's interior is better than the regular 1st gen CTS, fortunately... but it's still nowhere near what I would expect to find in a $54,000 car sold in 2006!

I wish the wagons would come back! I still want a CTS wagon, and I miss the hell out of the Magnum (best looking thing made by Dodge in a long time, IMO). I wonder what Ford could do with the new Taurus to wagonize it... I'd be down for an SHO wagon!
                            ATS wagon would be cool as well. It would fall right in line with the 3 series wagon.

It's a shame US buyers just don't like wagons. I find it hilarious that the people that DO like wagons are the enthusiasts. The magazines always love them, all the guys on forums love them... but the average buyers don't like "frumpy" wagons.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              The new Corvette was supposed to have an interior worth looking at, though! It was just so, so bad.

My CTS-V is about 3800lbs. It's cool, and it feels quite small at speed... but the massive size of it keeps me from pushing it too hard. I have $450 in very carefully shopped brakes to go on as soon as the weather warms up. Spending $1000 could have been very easy! Tires are also pushing $1000 for anything worth installing (I'm talking high performance all season bridgestone or continental.)
                              I think that's my biggest beef with heavy cars. If you want to drive a heavy car hard, you pay the price in tires and brakes!
                              I could probably track a Miata all day long, and still drive on its tires for another 2 months.

I don't disagree that for what it is, it surpasses expectations. American muscle was never expected to handle as well as the current offerings do (well, the Challenger is still a lumbering beast compared to the Camaro and Mustang... but still way better than its namesake!)
                              I can understand that. They definitely arent cheap to track but you also have to realize that we are talking about cars that the miata guys strive to beat (look on the forums and they all compare to the corvette as a benchmark). Its not like you arent getting bang for your buck. Last time I was at VIR there was a stock 4th gen camaro with only bilstein shocks beating all the miatas, a few porsche boxsters and a very modded k24/k20 hybrid swapped ITR. Once you get used to the size (take that V to a track) you will see its an extremely capable car stock that you will dump a ton of money into a miata just to match it much less surpass it. A miata is a fun car no doubt and cheap as dirt to run but it is not capable of doing what the v can do while still being a nice car to drive daily. Thats what mainly attracted me to american cars. I love that they can be complete monsters yet still enjoyable daily.

Comment

Working...
                              X