What to do with accord?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with accord?

Long time no talk fellas, I hope all is well with everyone one. It has been a bit since I've posted on here since I sold my last cb7. Since then I have owned a jeep Cherokee, a 86 turbo 300zx, a beautiful 88 black convertible rx7 which I recently traded for a big ol jacked up 97 dodge ram with a 360 needed the truck worse than a road legal go kart haha I still own a gas sipping Saturn.

Anyway I sold the 93ex to a boy that came by the shop got a few things done to his 7th gen j series accord and he got real interested in my cb7 I had out back sitting with a blown engine so we talked struck up a decent friendship and figured why not let a younger guy become an enthusiast in a great chassis. I sold josh the car an mildly built engine for little of nothing for that reason an me not having the time to fool with her. He was excited got the car then a few weeks later I helped him load an unload the engine at his dad's house an told him if I was available then this site was great an had all the information needed an a great community to boot he said he'd join (idk if he did or not) few months pass and we here he had wrecked his cbr and had passed away such a young guy an not due to speed but unexpected stopped traffic he was a good fella always friendly. A few weeks pass and his dad came by the shop an broke down telling me he hopes I understand but he just wants me to have the car back I say no need to explain but are you sure he thought about it for a few moments an said yes, we then exchanged numbers if he ever changed his mind.

So now I have a car an I've never been in such a situation so not exactly sure what to do with it, I'd like to hear y'all's thoughts on it please it be greatly appreciated.

02 Crv
    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Let him have the car back and move on.

Comment

Well if he ever wants it that'd be fine, but he gave it back to me since his son passed and his sons the one whom bought it, his dad doesn't want the car period.
      Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 10-02-2015, 04:34 PM.

02 Crv
      02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
      92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
      Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

I say that you should not try to give it back to him, especially if giving you the CB is part of his coping and closure process.

If you know the goals he had for the car, I would suggest that you carry those goals out the best you can, when you have time and funds. This would be a great honor to the dad in memory of his son.
        *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
        ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
        ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
        "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
        Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
        The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
        Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Keep it.

That dad wants to get rid of it for a reason. It will most likely always remind him of his son and the loss that he has to live with.

I am sure you talked to the kid a bunch and you have a fairly good idea of what he was thinking for the car. Build it like he would have built it, if he still had the chance.

OR!!! Donate the car. There are tons of automotive programs around that would love to have a car donated to them. Especially something that needs work. Find an automotive program and donate the car to them. Make sure they know what the kid would have wanted done to the car.

Comment

^I agree.

If you can keep the car, and you WANT to keep the car, then go for it. You can build it as a tribute (even though the guy was basically a stranger), or you could just take it as having your own car back in your possession.

If you can't or don't want to keep it, donating it is good. Donate it to an organization that will give it to someone in need, or give it to someone in need yourself. A charitable act is always a good thing, and if you did so with the unfortunate kid in mind, it is in its own way a fitting tribute to him.

Comment

Or donate it to a member of the cb7 community who lives near by. There are tons of people who will take that car off your hands!

Comment

Working...
              X