No announcement yet.

Considering Buying A Harley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I was handicapped, I'd totally do it.

Comment

People here just park on the sidewalk...especially at Walmart.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I can't park wherever I want now?
        '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
          I can't park wherever I want now?
          Nope, watch out for soft pavement though when its hot out. I've heard of kickstands just melting in it.
          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Get a go pro helmet cam thing. Proceed to race cops.

Comment

I gotta say that after finally driving in Cali for the first time, lane splitters scare the shit out of me and I don't know if I could do it.
              H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut View Post
                I gotta say that after finally driving in Cali for the first time, lane splitters scare the shit out of me and I don't know if I could do it.
                Lane splitters?

Comment

I won't be doing any of that lol. Just riding. I don't do stupid shit in either of my cars, I won't do it on a bike.

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut View Post
                    Nope, watch out for soft pavement though when its hot out. I've heard of kickstands just melting in it.
                    yeah, take a crushed up soda can or something hard you can rest the kickstand on. I had to use an old tag while I parked in our sandy yard.

I'm jealous because I had a yamaha virago that kept dying on me and I never properly learned to ride it. Stay safe out there!

Newest addition to the family...

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                      Lane splitters?
                      People that drive in between the lanes?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I would get something like a CBR500 or Ninja 650. Cruisers are just blah.

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Well, it's not a cruiser, it's a muscle bike, specifically a factory built drag bike. I also have zero interest in a cruiser myself.

Comment

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say "muscle bike" before. It certainly applies!

I always viewed most bikes as a cruiser, sport bike, luxury bike, or light motorcycle.

Cruisers are what I envision most Harleys to be. They can be fast, but that's not their main purpose. Kinda like rumbling around in an old classic car. It may sound mean, and it may be fast as hell... or it might run the quarter mile in 19 seconds. Ultimately, who cares?
                            Sport bikes I always think of as stuff like the Ninja, GSX-R, etc... plastic clad lightweighs. High-revving engines. Crotch rockets. Potentially fast as hell, but of no interest to me.
                            Luxury bikes are the Honda Goldwing. The things you usually see an old couple riding down the freeway toward a popular vacation destination. Basically, all the comforts of a car, only without doors and 2 wheels.
                            Light motorcycles are starter bikes. Stuff that beginners learn on, because they're cheap and slow. Like the Honda Rebel.
                            Then of course you have the custom bikes... which can basically be any of that!

I guess muscle bike is one to add to my list of classifications

Personally, if I ever decided to get a bike, I'd start with a Rebel, then move on to a cruiser. I want enough power to be able to move with traffic... but I have absolutely no desire to have a "fast" bike!

Comment

My bike is a 1250 limited to 10000RPM, a Busa is a 1300 limited to 10800RPM, my bike weighs 630lbs, a Busa weighs 590lbs. Same width front tire (120), my bike rear 240, Busa 190. I mean my seating position is more comfortable, but numbers aren't vastly different. Busa makes more power up top, but mine makes a good amount of low end. My bike was designed to compete with Japanese muscle bikes.

Comment

Well, I guess not just Japanese lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X