Im kinda broke.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im kinda broke.

So one of you guys need to buy this since I cant!
    https://greensboro.craigslist.org/cto/4968040650.html
    Looking for a new CB. Sell me yours!

Ugly color for this chassis, and it needs body work. No thanks!

Better examples:

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4951463067.html

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/ctd/4962432593.html

... and, actually... I might have to check out that coupe soon. I've ditched my plan for a wagon since I want a Magnum at some point, and besides the blue interior that is too perfect.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Everything is just grand about that white coupe, except for the single tip exhaust. I'm just wondering if that's a sign of a swapped muffler, or swapped exhaust, or swapped engine.

MRT

14.38 @ 98.66mph
      The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
      Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.346

Comment

It's likely just a muffler shop special. The canister was rusted and that's what the muffler shop gave the owner as replacement.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

It was more about the color and interior. I have only seen one other one in that combo before. I actually like it alot and hponestly most if not all of them in my area need bodywork. This is actually a decent car for my area. I need to start searching out of state i guess

Comment

Minty seats.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Phoenix Red is pretty cool. My friend has one, though it needs a repaint now.

That one for sale has a nice interior... but well maintained? Please... It looks like it was well maintained with a baseball bat! Doesn't say how many miles are on it. Hell, if they can get $1500 for that, I should be able to get $8000 for my Fit!

Comment

see I thought that same thing. That isn't well maintained at all. I'd buy it for $400. Hahaha baseball bat. Too funny man.

Comment

I almost got a phoenix red coupe with a manual transmission for less money and less miles than I got my green coupe, but last minute he bailed on me at 8am on a Saturday, needless to say I was pissed. But an hour later I found the green one since I did need to get a car that day. I do wish I had the red one but the green did grow on me.
                  Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Yet another perfect example of a $1,500 car that needs $3,000-4,000 worth of work to be a $2,500 car.

With the values of these cars being what they are, unless you want to be VERY upside down, start with something that's much cleaner, especially if you're in an area that rust isn't an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                      Yet another perfect example of a $1,500 car that needs $3,000-4,000 worth of work to be a $2,500 car.

With the values of these cars being what they are, unless you want to be VERY upside down, start with something that's much cleaner, especially if you're in an area that rust isn't an issue.
                      I can agree with that. Rust isnt a big issue here (NC) however the condition of old hondas in general are lol

Comment

A CB will hold its value pretty strongly at $1500, but not much more. $1500 could be worth it for someone that just wants reliable, eventually disposable transportation. For someone like us, that wants to modify and/or restore... it's too much. Granted, nothing we do to our cars increases their value.

Comment

I'd probably pay $2500 for that white coupe I posted, if only because it's worth it to me to find a perfect base shell that I know I'd own for a very long time. I'm far from wealthy, but in the grand scheme of things, 2.5k really isn't much. Besides, there are enough people looking for interior pieces and whatnot in near-new condition that I could make a decent bit of money back. People make fun of the fact that people put $2000 wheels on their $500-1500 Honda, or spend $10k-plus building up the engine, but how many of us that own these cars don't badly want Volks, Weds, etc, or a competent performer that no one else can just go out and buy?

Eye of the beholder. I'd rather spend $2k or more for a rust- and dent-free chassis than spend $1000-1500, then a huge body shop bill getting it fixed.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Yeah, that's true. I mean, for a car that's going to be modified and built up, it can be worth it. It's cheaper to buy a phenomenally clean, unrusted car for a bit more than it would be to repair a rusted and dented car. Especially if retaining and restoring the stock paint is a goal.

Still, the money put into these cars beyond a certain point is no longer an investment. You can easily put $15,000 into building a CB7, and you'll be lucky to sell it for a third of that. It comes down to whether or not you're willing to spend money you will never be able to recover in the future in the pursuit of your build. For most of us, we'd likely be able to justify it. Certainly beyond what most people would justify, anyway. To anyone but a CB7tuner, though... these are $1500 cars.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              Yeah, that's true. I mean, for a car that's going to be modified and built up, it can be worth it. It's cheaper to buy a phenomenally clean, unrusted car for a bit more than it would be to repair a rusted and dented car. Especially if retaining and restoring the stock paint is a goal.
                              That's always the case. Buy the best you can afford to start, or spend that trying to get a basket case to that level (unless you have sentimental reasons to keep that specific car).

These cars are labors of love, not investments. With the average price of these dropping, even flipping one for a profit would take the absolute perfect car to do so.

Comment

Working...
                              X