Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My band played a show recently... and I have a video!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My band played a show recently... and I have a video!

This is about a month old... but I just realized I hadn't shared it on here yet!
    As some of the older members may know, I was pretty active with my band a few years ago. We called it quits for a bit, and recently got back together. The lineup is the same as the original band (then known as The Parkway.) Initially, we had intended to get together just to polish up and record our old material that never made it to a proper recording... but we ended up playing around with a few new ideas, and writing material that blew the old stuff out of the water! We decided to continue on, under the name Comrades, Away! We now have 4 songs recorded, ready to go onto a self-produced CD. We're also looking into lathe-cut vinyl as well.

Anyway, my point was to post this video. Taken at our show on December 13th, 2014 at The Boneyard in Atlantic City, New Jersey (a venue that hosted acts such as Andrew WK and Chuck Ragan a few weeks earlier.)
    AWESOME venue, and the bar had great beer and incredible food. Definitely recommended to anyone that's in the AC area!

Anyway, here's Death of the Narrator. Our closing song. And yes... I hit a shit note. That's what we get for playing a brand new song!

Im going to have to make it out to a show one night.

My low light photography has surely improved hahaha.

Comment

Hopefully we'll get to play this place again. It would be a fairly easy ride down the Parkway for you!

I actually like the music we're making now. Much more than our last go at things.

Comment

Im not sure if it's bob, but someone over there used an Orange amp and it was small as hell and it intrigued me enough that I researched and ended up getting the Orange Micro terror. Its smaller then the armrest in the cb7 lmao.

Now I want to get the dual terror, but I need another $1200 LMAO.

Comment

Yeah, it was Bob with the Orange Tiny Terror. He actually sold that amp to me when we split a few years ago, then I sold it back to him (well... he still owes me $200 of that...) He has since traded it in for a Jet City combo that actually sounds pretty freakin sweet.

I need to upgrade my equipment. My bass is in bad shape (I'm now using a 2003 Fender Jazz Bass, Mexican-made.) I got it from a friend that abuses the crap out of his gear, so it was cheap... but beat. The neck is warped, and my action is stupidly high. Bob has been working on it, since he's pretty good with that stuff.
          Other than that, I think I'm going back to my old Peavey amp and cab. The Ampeg stuf I have now isn't as good as I hoped it would be. Sucks... I was stoked to play through an Ampeg... but I was disappointed! This show here (and our upcoming CD/7") were through the Ampeg, though.

Comment

I'll be damned if it doesn't look like 3 surfboards hanging up on the right side?
            Cool vid and song Deev!

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Thanks!
              And yeah... even though NJ isn't exactly known for surfing, the bar was just a few blocks from the ocean!

Comment

I love the bass line in the outro:

G# G#G# B G#G# G#G# B G# F# F#F#F# F#C# C#C#C#BA (repeat)
                *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  Yeah, it was Bob with the Orange Tiny Terror. He actually sold that amp to me when we split a few years ago, then I sold it back to him (well... he still owes me $200 of that...) He has since traded it in for a Jet City combo that actually sounds pretty freakin sweet.

I need to upgrade my equipment. My bass is in bad shape (I'm now using a 2003 Fender Jazz Bass, Mexican-made.) I got it from a friend that abuses the crap out of his gear, so it was cheap... but beat. The neck is warped, and my action is stupidly high. Bob has been working on it, since he's pretty good with that stuff.
                  Other than that, I think I'm going back to my old Peavey amp and cab. The Ampeg stuf I have now isn't as good as I hoped it would be. Sucks... I was stoked to play through an Ampeg... but I was disappointed! This show here (and our upcoming CD/7") were through the Ampeg, though.
                  HAHA, yea I had never really heard of them, and then when I researched them I liked their small size and the warmer sound they produce.

I got the Micro terror with some birthday money. I swapped out the stock 12ax7 with a Tungsol and it brightend it up a bit.

I need to reorganize my gear too.

I never got around to picking up a bass, but have always wanted one. Namely an acoustic bass.

I have been pining for a Gibson Les Paul for a while. After playing for 15 years, I feel like I need one in my collection. I played a 69 at a buds house and it was amazing. He has two actually. One would be worth thousands but the neck broke at some point. He got it fixed, but obv its not worth what it would be.

This is the one I have been wanting lately -

Bill Keliher(Mastodon) Halcyon.

Its pretty tame for a custom and it has Lace Dissenent pickups so its one hell of a sleeper.

I also need to revamp my amp setup. Like I said I have the micro terror and I also have a Marshall AVT 2000 head. Both are routed through an 80's Acoustic 4x12 angled cabinet that has seen better days.

I don't know if I should just swap the old 12s for celestions or just buy a whole new stack.

It doesn't help that I don't really have a jam space, so all my shit is in the living room.
                  Last edited by Ralphie; 01-13-2015, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X