with all of these high HP motors makes you wonder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

with all of these high HP motors makes you wonder

Did they copy off of each other look at the specs?
    http://www.jegs.com/p/Edelbrock/Edel...cG6hoCKJLw_wcB

If you're comparing just the two engines at that link, they're the exact same engine. You're given the option of having it come with or without a few electrical components.

$20k for an engine though... buy the motor out of a wrecked Mustang and I can't imagine it costing near that much to supercharge.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

What about the coyote motor?

Comment

The Coyote is just Ford's current modular V8. It's in every GT model since they brought back the "5.0" badge. It's nothing special, really.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

http://www.powerblocktv.com/episode/...ng-blown-to-go

Comment

The 5.0l Coyote is similar to the previous 4.6 so Ford could still use most of their equipment (like tools and such) on the production lines. Same physical size, deck height, bore spacing, bolt pattern and so forth. Ford made it to compete with the LS3 and 6.4l Hemi yet have a significantly smaller displacement. The Coyote is also Ford's first V8 to use twin independent variable cam timing (TIVCT I believe). Whatl I find neat is it's 11:1 compression yet runs on 87 octane.

Nothing too spectacular IMO. You can buy the whole car for less than $20,000.

Comment

I see

Comment

I actually think TIVCT was used in some of the cobras Josh specifically the 03-04 cobras. Ya I thought nothing spectacular to until my brother took deliver of his 2015 mustang gt 50th anniversary the other day. Then I pooped in my pants lol.
                Last edited by andrew22888; 11-30-2014, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew22888 View Post
                  I actually think TIVCT was used in some of the cobras Josh specifically the 03-04 cobras. Ya I thought nothing spectacular to until my brother took deliver of his 2015 mustang gt 50th anniversary the other day. Then I pooped in my pants lol.
                  According to Ford it wasn't. But you might check again if your sure I'm incorrect. It's fast. But it's not fast because it's a Coyote. It is surprisingly powerful for it's size in comparison to other engines of other makes. I guess the Coyote name can take claim to that fact.

See if your brother wants to put it against my friends 2012 Roush Stage 3 Phase 3. It's only compound boosted and making 930whp. It actually made 1056 but they were worried about the transmission and backed it down.

Comment

Working...
                  X