wow the domestic car scene is jumping.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow the domestic car scene is jumping.

The import industry has been really quiet lately while the domestic muscle car scene is up. Soon damn-near every car will have paddle-shifters and I hope this does not make stick-shifting obscelete.

Okay for instance the camaro zl1 has a good amount of HP but that was backed off for the camaro z/28 to do the job then the Challenger hellcat was more in comp with the zl1 and super-snake and Shelby. But then the challenger went under a lot of critique so then they threw out the charger hellcat and the charger scatpack.

Now with the charger hellcat that's more of to be in the tuner scene its made for both daily driving and track car. Why isn't the tuner scene doing this. I'd love to see Honda come out with something a more s2k'ish or nsx'ish but its dead quiet.

Furthermore I'd like to see how much them clutches are going to cost on the muscle cars for 63k to 58k. I can just imagine coming across a charger hellcat highway patrol car imagine that but that depends on the funding :shrugs:

The Hellcat has returned.

Don't forget about the Toyota FT-1 Concept
    *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
    ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
    ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
    "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
    The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
    Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post

The Hellcat has returned.

Don't forget about the Toyota FT-1 Concept
      Lol more like hellcat times 2 lol

Comment

Looks nice I hope the s2k looks this good next time around. I wonder if each car is going to cost 60k. That's what the price margin in lookin like nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
          Soon damn-near every car will have paddle-shifters and I hope this does not make stick-shifting obscelete.

But then the challenger went under a lot of critique so then they threw out the charger hellcat and the charger scatpack.
          The HC Challenger is selling way more manuals than autos

Both HCs have been developed for the same amount of time. The Charger wasn't a reaction to anything. Drove one two years ago.
          '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
            The HC Challenger is selling way more manuals than autos

Both HCs have been developed for the same amount of time. The Charger wasn't a reaction to anything. Drove one two years ago.
            I definitely think its because of the price. Like people are amazed about the cars but the price 63 k its obtainable but people are going to be more skeptical about it anyway.

Comment

The import industry has been really quiet lately while the domestic muscle car scene is up. Soon damn-near every car will have paddle-shifters and I hope this does not make stick-shifting obscelete.

Okay for instance the camaro zl1 has a good amount of HP but that was backed off for the camaro z/28 to do the job then the Challenger hellcat was more in comp with the zl1 and super-snake and Shelby. But then the challenger went under a lot of critique so then they threw out the charger hellcat and the charger scatpack.

Now with the charger hellcat that's more of to be in the tuner scene its made for both daily driving and track car. Why isn't the tuner scene doing this. I'd love to see Honda come out with something a more s2k'ish or nsx'ish but its dead quiet.

Furthermore I'd like to see how much them clutches are going to cost on the muscle cars for 63k to 58k. I can just imagine coming across a charger hellcat highway patrol car imagine that but that depends on the funding :shrugs:
              NSX - 600+ HP TT V6 with e-SH-AWD in a package that is similar in size to the first gen NSX (should come in around 3300lbs).

Sub-NSX - derivative of NSX chassis without all of the exotic materials and construction to bring the cost down. Probably a different powertrain than NSX, but still in early development.

S2K replacement all being worked on at Honda, as well as very strong rumors of a Civic Type-R on the next gen USDM Civic chassis, as well as an RSX replacement and a turbo Civic Si.

Also, Acura confirms that SH-AWD will be available on all models by 2016, so expect the MMC ILX to feature AWD and either a version a of the TLX 4 cylinder, or perhaps a turbo version of Honda's new 4 cylinder.

They are also heavily adding DCT transmissions in the next couple years, but hopefully they won't get rid of all of the manuals.
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                NSX - 600+ HP TT V6 with e-SH-AWD in a package that is similar in size to the first gen NSX (should come in around 3300lbs).

Sub-NSX - derivative of NSX chassis without all of the exotic materials and construction to bring the cost down. Probably a different powertrain than NSX, but still in early development.

S2K replacement all being worked on at Honda, as well as very strong rumors of a Civic Type-R on the next gen USDM Civic chassis, as well as an RSX replacement and a turbo Civic Si.

Also, Acura confirms that SH-AWD will be available on all models by 2016, so expect the MMC ILX to feature AWD and either a version a of the TLX 4 cylinder, or perhaps a turbo version of Honda's new 4 cylinder.

They are also heavily adding DCT transmissions in the next couple years, but hopefully they won't get rid of all of the manuals.
                Just creamed my pants.

Lawd that sounds delish!

I love the new TLX.

Right now not sure what I like more, the current Accord Sport, or the TLX.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                  Just creamed my pants.

Lawd that sounds delish!

I love the new TLX.

Right now not sure what I like more, the current Accord Sport, or the TLX.
                  I wonder what will the price range of these cars will be. I know the si will be up to 35k maybe the nsx will be around d 70 somemthing k

Comment

I wonder what will the price range of these cars will be. I know the si will be up to 35k maybe the nsx will be around d 70 somemthing k
                    The NSX will be around $150K. Like you say, you have to pay to play. It will be fully competitive with the likes of the Ferrari's, Porsches, McLarens, and Lambos that compete at about double the price.

The "mini" NSX will likely play in Corvette territory for similar cash. Still in early stages of development though (i.e. no solid info, other than they are working on it).

There is no way the Si will be anywhere near $35K. The current car barely tops $24K, and the engine is going to proliferate through Honda's lineup, so economies of scale will keep the price down. The Type-R will probably be more expensive, but will most likely not be a huge amount above $30K.

Also rumors that the RSX replacement may or may not also have a high performance variant with AWD.

Also hearing rumors resurface that Acura may again be working on a RWD platform.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                      The NSX will be around $150K. Like you say, you have to pay to play. It will be fully competitive with the likes of the Ferrari's, Porsches, McLarens, and Lambos that compete at about double the price.

The "mini" NSX will likely play in Corvette territory for similar cash. Still in early stages of development though (i.e. no solid info, other than they are working on it).

There is no way the Si will be anywhere near $35K. The current car barely tops $24K, and the engine is going to proliferate through Honda's lineup, so economies of scale will keep the price down. The Type-R will probably be more expensive, but will most likely not be a huge amount above $30K.

Also rumors that the RSX replacement may or may not also have a high performance variant with AWD.

Also hearing rumors resurface that Acura may again be working on a RWD platform.
                      Okay as far as those cars you figure okay its a type r new tech and most of all turbo. Once someone figures out how to swap that motor into the older motors its a wrap.

As for that 150k for the nsx its going to be not so hard cause I'm sure they'll look at the gtr and opt for that. New car yes worth the price to some yes to others probably not unless they got extras up their sleeves.

You figure 30k that's 35 damn near after taxes. Remember its not an si but an R. The LFA if anyone can get that at the price it should be obtainable around that time too

Comment

The new tlx looks more like the tl http://blog.caranddriver.com/a-new-a...ait-were-told/

Comment

just came back from the sema show...have you seen this jetta ute conversion. they also had two holden utes. Hondata repping it pretty hard and there was about 3-4 nsx's out there.

Bisimoto reppin hardcore with his hondas, hyundais and porsches.

Not a big bimmer guy but this car was set the fuck up.

Last edited by wed3k; 11-07-2014, 08:40 PM.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I remember seeing a Mazda miata with a turbo swap at the rear of the car under the chassis like that porche just sneaking up on folks.

Comment

Okay as far as those cars you figure okay its a type r new tech and most of all turbo. Once someone figures out how to swap that motor into the older motors its a wrap.

As for that 150k for the nsx its going to be not so hard cause I'm sure they'll look at the gtr and opt for that. New car yes worth the price to some yes to others probably not unless they got extras up their sleeves.

You figure 30k that's 35 damn near after taxes. Remember its not an si but an R. The LFA if anyone can get that at the price it should be obtainable around that time too
                              Taxes don't really count since they apply to all cars, which are compared by MSRP.

As for the NSX, real players will have no problem affording it. Probably not me anytime soon, but the real players will get it.

Comment

Working...
                              X