Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the Name of Art

Tyler Shields Blows Up a Rolls Royce Silver Shadow In the Name of Art

In the past, he fed a $100k Hermes handbag to an alligator but this time he photographed the explosive destruction of this Rolls Royce Silver Shadow.

The video.

Behind the scenes.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by H311RA151N; 10-16-2014, 06:56 AM.

"Art"

That is all.....
    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Comment

Somehow I see the art aspect of it. But I could honestly care less about the Rolls. All I see when I see one is dollar signs. The car means nothing to me.

Yet I get upset when I see a crushed CB.

Comment

it's just Western culture. Possessions are meaningless and disposable. I value all the things I own and get extremely pissed when they get damaged and just get nervous even when people I don't know very well handle my things. And for that I am weird. Which is wrong. In some parts of the world people are lucky to have a spoon they made out of a stick....

In summary: This is why the world hates America.

Comment

Hillbillys like me never own Rolls Royce's and such. I guess I don't understand it myself. I kinda grasp the "art" aspect. But I'd sell the car instead if blow it up to take video/pictures.

As for
            In summary: This is why the world hates America.
            I agree completely.

Comment

It's a $10,000 Rolls Royce. What message is he trying to get across with this? What's his point? He's blowing up something that represents excess and materialism, I suppose... but seriously... that's about as poignant as rolling around in a 1994 ES300 thinking you're hot shit!

It IS fairly sad that he blew up a Silver Shadow II, of which there were only about 8500 made. Seeing as Rolls Royce isn't known for producing the most reliable vehicles, finding one in running condition is fairly rare... even if they're not worth all that much (there are Silver Shadows on eBay right now, ranging in price from about $3,500 to $39,000)

It's a nice video of fire. That's about all it has going for it. Oh, and there's a moderately attractive woman there as well.

Comment

I assumed it was prolly a $100K car. Never checked it out.

You can buy a Rolls for $10K... I never knew that.

Still don't want one though.

Comment

It's not really about the car....The Rolls are pretty neat tho, older luxary cars are interesting to me, just the styling appeals to me. I rode in one like this once, but it was a 1983 Silver Spur convertible. Very cool car..I don't know what it had for an engine but apparently it uses a GM TH400 transmission, like the 80's V12 Jags. And everything is pneumatic assisted, the shifter is effortless to move, the doors open and close extremely easily. I wouldn't want to own one but it was a neat car.

Now, a Series III Jaguar XJ6, I'd take one of those any day of the week.

Comment

The Silver Shadow there has the same GM transmission, and a self-leveling hydraulic suspension from Citroen.
                    Both the Silver Shadow and Silver Spirit/Spur (the Spur is the long wheelbase version) use a Rolls Royce 6.75L V8 making a whopping 189hp.

This beast is a 1976 Silver Shadow I, with a 6.2L V8 making 172hp. Currently for sale on eBay for $11,000. I'm not a huge fan of the roof... but I like the color combo.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

LSX swap and start drifting in it.

Comment

It has an independent rear suspension, so it might actually be able to handle somewhat. Of course, it also weighs like 4600lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                          LSX swap and start drifting in it.
                          Idk why but I thought of this bad ass W123 when I read your comment.

Comment

That thing is badass. Is that still running a diesel? I didn't know they could scream like that!

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                              Idk why but I thought of this bad ass W123 when I read your comment.

damnnnn, good lookin chassis too

Ill see your 80s benz and raise you a 50's american sedan :P

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              That thing is badass. Is that still running a diesel? I didn't know they could scream like that!
                              check this out Mike lol

426 Hemi Diesel

Comment

Working...
                              X