I am selling my Accord....sigh...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am selling my Accord....sigh...

I have had a blast with it over the past 2 1/2 years, but I think it is time for bigger and possibly better things. I have a guy here in Nashville interested in my car even though I told him I would take no less than $5200 for it. I love it so much, but I also found a white 1991 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo for $5000. No mechanical problems at all. 2 minor leaks, oil pan gasket and valve cover gasket, thermostat sticks sometimes, and has small exhaust leak. All very minor for such an awesome car. I should be out of the Accord and into the Z by the end of May at the latest. I love this site and all you guys are so cool. I will miss ya'll so much and all the comradery(sp?) we share. I don't think I have ever met such an awesome group of people in one place. I will miss my car very much, but I really want this Z. It's gonna be painful, but worth it I think.
    1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
    4.0L I-6 2WD
    293k miles, still running strong.
    Freshly rebuilt transmission.

oh my. sorry to see you go but 300zedx is sexy. good luck with that. i almost had one but the seller decided to keep it(he was only selling b/c his wife was pressuring him) but hope you stick around man. i wanna see pics of the new ZX....

Comment

I will most definitely stick around, you guys are too cool to just up and leave. I will post pics very soon after I get it, most likely do a little photoshoot with me and Kevins black 90 300ZX TT. I can't wait man. Then again, I will miss my CD5. Oh well, an Accord will be back in my driveway sooner or later, I have no doubts.
      4.0L I-6 2WD

Comment

noooooooooo000oooo dont do it a z is not practical enough for a daily driver keep the honda its a must dont do it get the z but keep the accord

"Tucking tires and wires."
        The Chronicles.

Comment

lol nick you will have to take me for a ride in it.... show me what the Z can really do!! i loved kevins.... and you better stay on here lol...
          Seattle Silver crew #5
          Member of the Midwest Car Club.
          ..........2004 accord ex v6 - J30A4.......................... 91 accord ex - JDM H22A -- Long gone...

Comment

^^^^^yea what he said. Honda is reliable, the Z will not be!

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
              you ever worked on one of those z's?

one of the top 3 worst cars to work on, ever...........changing hoses can take a full day...........

and for $5000, well, you're probably buying a car that's close to beat on.....you mentioned a few little problems.......what about the turbos? were they maintained, what type of oil used in it, how long were they allowed to cool down after each driving session, etc.............

hope you have some money in the bank, because buying an older turbo car, well, you always need it.....i've owned around 10 different turbo'd cars....people LOVE to beat on them.....

oh yeah, insurance goes up a LOT, you HAVE to keep the highest octane available in it and that's a lot more money there (easily $100 a month or more, cost me $300/month more on my FD, i always wanted to drive it), you go through tires much quicker and that costs money, etc.......

just be careful.....i went from a lil crx to a 94 RX-7 when i was 19....insurance was $450/month, gas was $300 MORE per month (around $500/m total), my car payment was $550/month, etc.........it all adds up fast

we own a 280z but my mom drives it and they are a bithc to work on took me a day just change a fucking fuse the dumbys should label the fuses. It was ok ill replace this one maybe its this one type of thing

i ended up replacing all the fuses

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
              bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

go for the Z, i know you like it...engine bay it too crammed for me...i'd like to work on my own cars and not have it be a super PITA

$5200 for your Accord though? dang...a bit high IMO..but do what ya gotta do
                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Trust me, I know how much of a pain in the ass they are to work on, but I also know that I am willing to do it. I talked to him today and he said that everything works properly, but I am going to drive it first and give a thorough look-over before I buy it. He just doesnt seem to have time any more to play with it, or enough room to store it. That's why he is selling it so cheap. He said he has always used Mobil1 5w-30 in it. So I am assuming that it is going to be worth it. I don't really mind if it isnt perfect, I want to have the car that when I show people before and after pictures, they say, DAMN that came along pretty damn well. I want to do everything to it, that way I can say that "I did that" you know? It's just me.
                  4.0L I-6 2WD

Comment

Working...
                  X