new cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new cb7

i just brought me a 1992 honda accord ex ... 5spd.. its green.. i'll get pics up tommorrow

man i was so excited buying the car.. but my mom hoped in the car and i didn't know how to get it to move... it would stall.. my mother yelled out loud crying... man it was my 1st time.. she said she won't let me drive it until i get more skills. i didn't know what i was doing i was so nerve.. all i was saying is let clutch out slowly and give it gas.. man i revved it to 5k and took clutch out quick.. man next thing u know i heard a crack in my neck.. i'm like wtf... it took me a while to get it home.. if it wasn't for my pops i don't think i would have made it safely.. he was like a linebacker to me.. because he was driving slowly and blocking all cars coming out ramps/streets..

anyways i'll have pics up tommorrow...

i need practice with stick.... people post up tips..
    http://www.get-gifts-for-free.com/?ref_id=4810

1992 Honda Accord 4dr 5spd EX- R.I.P 8/10/05

i was like that when i first started with stick, all my other cars were auto. then i got thrown into a stick, with about 15 mins of lessons from my mom, then i was on my own...and had to get to work everday. i hated the car the first week, i wanted an auto again. but all you gotta do is seriously let out the clutch slowly until you feel it give some pressure, dont rev to high. it's hard to tell someone how to drive online. you'll get the hang of it though. just be careful on hills when there is people behind you. hold the ebrake until you feel yourself start to move if you're worried about hitting someone.

Comment

werd, i was afriad of driving my cb7 becuz it was a stick...now i love it becuz of the control.

but after 8k...i need a new clutch, lol
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
        werd, i was afriad of driving my cb7 becuz it was a stick...now i love it becuz of the control.

but after 8k...i need a new clutch, lol
        i have my friend nathan to thank for giving me the chance to practice on his protoge when he had it man was it good times... and i'll never forget when i stalled it at the taco bell and jus glided into the parking space haha how embarassing haha. my next cb7 will b manual fo' sho tho
        <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

0 - 15mph 1st gear
          15 - 35mph 2nd gear
          35 - 60mph 3rd gear
          60 - 80mph 4th gear
          80 - ???mph 5th gear

so basically, when you hit 15 mph shift into second...when you hit 35 mph shift into 3rd...when you hit 60 mph shift into 4th and when you hit 80 mph shift into 5th

its not too hard to learn you just have to balance the clutch and gas pedal...when youre letting go of the clutch you have to put some gas in...im teaching my lady how to shift now so maybe one day ahe'll be able to handle a stick...well she already knows how to handle a stick i mean how to drive a 5-speed

Originally posted by fizzbob7
          first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
          Originally posted by ACC0RD22
          no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
          So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Slushbox 4 Life.
            My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

do you guys pivot at the ankle or use your whole foot for the clutch? i pivot...
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i use whole foot. and i learned stick real easy, i think im gifted lol. i can drive my friends audi better than he can after 2 minutes of driving it.

Comment

i know how to shift i just don't know how to get it to go if its at a stoplight.... its hard and it stalls.. so is vreverse.. post up some techinques... when i floor the clutch ad let go halfway i can feel the clutch spinning/give in.. idunoo
                  http://www.get-gifts-for-free.com/?ref_id=4810

1992 Honda Accord 4dr 5spd EX- R.I.P 8/10/05

Comment

IMO one of the best practices for a stick is an empty parking lot with minimal obstructions. You should at least know the basics of pressing the clutch, then shifting, etc. The problem lies in taking off in 1st gear, not shifting from 2nd-5th gears. So stick it in 1st gear and just practice taking off in 1st then once you get moving, hit brakes & clutch (to keep from stopping)..come to complete stop. Then, shift into 1st gear, start letting off clutch slowly..while you're pushing the gas pedal just a bit and once you start moving smoothly, stop again and repeat. Keep doing this until you get the hang of it. Once you graduate phase 1, then you go find some steep hill away from traffic and practice up-hill 1st gear take offs using the same method, but you will see how you REALLY have to be good at the timing of letting off clutch, while giving gas...if not you will roll backwards down the hill and most freak out on this. I say do this when you get really good at flat-parking lot 1st gear take-offs...this up-hill takeoffs is probably the worst situation for a stick shift and most difficult for someone to learn.
                    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

BTW...you have IMO the best 4th gen Accord combination....F22a6 motor (most powerful of the 3 = 140 hp) with a 5-speed and it's an EX with most the trimmings/moonroof). The only thing better in terms of trim level is a 93 SE, but I believe it only came with automatic...bleh.
                      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Post pictures bitch!

Comment

Yeah I agree, you have to start learning in an empty parking lot. I spent one Sunday afternoon doing that and finally learned. The first week was rocky, but you get better everyday.

That first day or two is pretty nerveracking though! Especially when you're at a red light with traffic behind you and you stall! I think its one of the most embarassing things.
                          "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

u just gotta get a feel for it, some times u have to feather the clutch like bring it out to right where its gunna grab and hold it there for like 1/2 a second then come out all the way with it, this is all while u give it very little gas, rev up to like 1500 or so and just practice at that, itl work

Comment

(Holy shit, Fizzbob is a mod now!, lost net for 2 weeks and alot of shit changed eh? )

Yo soon2b, I usually feather gas and slowly come off the clutch. Honestly if you're revving about 1500 to pull off your wearing that clutch out quick, guaranteed. You know the rule, learn a clutch = burn a clutch.

You need to find where the clutch's sweet spot is, ie: point of engagement. Around that point you need to be doing between 12-1500 rpm, and slowly let off clutch, once clutch is completely out you're free to floor it. Next, you can shift 1->2 without gassing back in while coming off clutch, you just need to come off clutch slowly to allow the discs to mate. But the smoothest way is by using a little (emphasis on the word little).

Within a week you'll be loving it, similar to mc'ds.
                              '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
                              -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                              -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                              -'93 AGP EX 4AT
                              10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

Working...
                              X