Modified Exhaust Ticket... correctable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modified Exhaust Ticket... correctable?

back in feb, i got a ticket for a modified exhaust and a stiff suspension. when i was given the ticket, the cop marked off that they were both correctable violations... meaning that it was basically a "fix-it" ticket. i called the traffic court house today and they said the total fee will be $250, and that neither of the infractions are correctable.

what are the normal violations that are correctable? and can i fight this, saying that i took time and money to correct the violations, since it was marked that they were correctable? theres no fuckin way im paying $250 for being lowered.

Damn that sucks dick

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
    bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

I personally would go to the judge, and talk to him. The worst he can say is pay it. I think its BS tho..
      1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
      4.0L I-6 2WD
      293k miles, still running strong.
      Freshly rebuilt transmission.

Comment

you want a lawyer, only $26 a month, he will go to court for you. i'm starting a new business, we sell monthly rate things that get you a lawyer whenever you need it. you only pay around $30 a month.

Comment

go to the desk in person and show them the ticket where the vilolations have been signed off...if you havent signed them off, then go do that and then go to the court house and talk to the clerk. if they see that it says it was correctable and that the violations have been signed off, then all you would have to pay is $10 for court fees and thats it...not sure if its 10 per viloation or for both since it was written on the same ticket and the fees might be diffrent depending on where you located but that what they are here in l.a.

Originally posted by fizzbob7
          first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
          Originally posted by ACC0RD22
          no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
          So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Lawyer insurance. hmmmm
            my ride

Comment

well if the cop marked it down then he is held responsable for it if it is infact not a correctable thing, and if you did fix it..or just saying that you did theres no way they can charge you the 250 unless there complete dicks about it.
              I say take it to the traffic court and show them the ticket, tell them you fixed it

Comment

yea thats what i thought... ive always heard something about it only costing $10 for processing fees. and i did have both violations written off by a cop. i didnt actually fix them, but i have a friend who knows a cop... so as far as the court knows, i fixed it.

man... fuckin cops. cant even give tickets properly.

Comment

Working...
                X