No announcement yet.

Rant: Punctuation is your friend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

man to continue the rant here, i hate internet abbreviations. The way we shorten 3 letter words is amazing, its like we dont have the time to type out two extra letters. Its like how you becomes u. Others are more understandable, like the longer ones, but some just get way overused. Like lol, i mean, as much as its seen on the internet, you would imagine that laughter would never cease to be overheard in the world. But what do i know, i'm a cynical bastard.
    2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
    2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Originally posted by cpmike

then accordztech replies... and gives his thoughts... i dont know if he ever... uses a single period? lol... we will see...

i will try harder mom! just kidding!
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer
        man to continue the rant here, i hate internet abbreviations. The way we shorten 3 letter words is amazing, its like we dont have the time to type out two extra letters. Its like how you becomes u. Others are more understandable, like the longer ones, but some just get way overused. Like lol, i mean, as much as its seen on the internet, you would imagine that laughter would never cease to be overheard in the world. But what do i know, i'm a cynical bastard.
        O plz! u kno that 8nt tru! I do think itz annoying 2 tho...

I used to run a video game emulation site. I would get TONS of email from little techno-kiddies asking for games that don't exist... "can i get aladdin 2 for genesis plz? thx bye."
        Most of those came when the site was closed (www.leftfootemulation.tk ... it's looked exactly the same since last May when I shut it down) I just reply with "can u read the site? k thx bye."
        It's fun to get hate mail from people when you talk to them the same way they talk to you!

I know that's only loosely related, but it was on my mind... I got 3 requests today, one of them for a PS2 game!

Comment

yea, the abbreviations are getting to be a little overkill.

i'm in a hospital basically everyday, and we use tons (literally) of abbreviations. we even use them in conversation... a person didn't have a heart attack, they had an M-I (myocardial infarction). people don't have clogged coronary arteries, they have C-A-D (coronary atheresclerotic disease). it makes sense in medicine... sometimes. different specialties use the same abbreviations to mean different things.

getting back to the internet
          cpmike, you mentioned lol. but not all of the "spin offs." lmao, lmfao, rotfl, rotflmao... i'm not sure if there are anymore. sometimes you have to read through a number of posts and threads to learn all of the new lingo.

on superhonda, the new thing is "sinep." took me the longest time (literally 2 or 3 weeks) to realize that was penis spelled backwards.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Working...
          X