If Honda made a coupe hatch cb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excuse the quick photoshop, someone please do better.
    Would you own one? Attempt to create one? Think Honda would've sold a lot of these? If I had the money to play like that I'd try.

Aiko (then) & Ayu (now)

Looks like te European aero deck from the 3rd gen. I don't think that would've sold too well. The EG hatch was out at the same time it wouldn't have been cost effective which is probably why honda ditched the hatch after the 3rd gen anyway.

Now an Si-R model across the line up like the 5th gens would've been ideal

Comment

I want to do an EX-L (extended sedan - coupe front, sedan rear).

90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

YES!!! That would be awesome!!!

Even using a wagon rear instead of a sedan rear would be cool. It seems like it would be fairly easy to do. The body lines would match right up. As long as it was internally braced and stitch-welded. Paul, make it happen!
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I like both the "hatchback" and the "extended sedan"
          1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
          1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
          1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
          1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

yuck.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
              yuck.

MRT

14.38 @ 98.66mph
              The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
              Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.346

Comment

Both would be really cool to see.

With the amount of fabrication needed to do it, I'd say why not make it AWD as well!

Comment

I don't get the point of that coupe-sedan mesh. Looks like something Renault would have done in the '80s, because they were weird like that. If you changed the idea to extend the rear, that would make sense. Manufacturers like Audi make long wheelbase cars exclusively for the Chinese market just because more rear passenger room is a big deal over there. Extend it like a Maybach, so the guys in the back are uber-comfy, that would make sense.

A thread like this came up I think a few years ago and I cobbled this together. More of a hatch, less of a shooting brake. I think I just shortened a wagon here; should have used a coupe's door line.

... also looks like a Renault 5 or Peugeot 205, lol. I'd rather just get an EF-gen Civic hatch.
                  Last edited by CyborgGT; 06-26-2014, 04:47 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by see bee seven View Post

Would you own one? Attempt to create one?
                    Not that version, but this one I like ...

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                      I don't get the point of that coupe-sedan mesh. Looks like something Renault would have done in the '80s, because they were weird like that. If you changed the idea to extend the rear, that would make sense. Manufacturers like Audi make long wheelbase cars exclusively for the Chinese market just because more rear passenger room is a big deal over there. Extend it like a Maybach, so the guys in the back are uber-comfy, that would make sense.

A thread like this came up I think a few years ago and I cobbled this together. More of a hatch, less of a shooting brake. I think I just shortened a wagon here; should have used a coupe's door line.
                      ... also looks like a Renault 5 or Peugeot 205, lol. I'd rather just get an EF-gen Civic hatch.
                      The point of the coupe-sedan mesh would be to add 10 inches in length and rear seat leg room (coupe doors are 10 inches longer than the sedan front doors). I'm 6'5", my son is 6' and daughter is 5'10". Neither one fits behind my in an Accord any more.
                      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

comon guys.... I made this image years ago using just mspaint

Comment

Working...
                        X