Mad or nah?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mad or nah?

So as you may know, CAM is coming up. I've been waiting to mount some tires on my other wheels for a while now. 6 months to be exact.

So heres my issue:

I had 800 put away and I was going to mount the tires this week. Last Friday, my mother asks me if she could borrow 600 because she was behind on her house payment. Of course, without hesitation, I gave it to her. She tells me that she will reimburse the full amount by This Monday so to not ruin my plans for the meet. It is now Wednesday. My Tires arent mounted, Im not even close to ready. I asked her yesterday if she was able to put some money back and she said she would. I checked this morning, nothing.

I feel bad asking her for the money but at the same time, I'm on a time crunch. I need to get my tires. I don't want her to think I'm being a dick or anything either. So what say you? Should I just hound her to get my tires? Or should I just run the Centerlines for the meet and just throw on the Hayashis later?

Ugh..
    Wrecked, Revived, and still Rollin'

Check out my MRT!

Originally posted by deevergote
    The most unique "modification" these days is a full restoration. Take a 20+ year old Honda and make it look brand new... and it'll be more impressive than the guy with the stock-block turbo and plastidipped steelies.

I've found that most of the general population doesn't feel the same way that I do, but here is my opinion:

Who cares about what wheels you have for a meet? Who cares if you're even able to attend a meet? All of that stuff is trivial when it comes to family. It just makes your issues sound whiny. "My boys won't be able to peep my 'illest' sticker game!" Am I saying that's what you're doing? No, not at all. I'm just putting into perspective the importance of prioritizing family over car meet people.

Now, if there are other issues with your mom that warrant not giving her money in the first place, the that's another issue. But, it's been done and you should move on. Just politely remind her that she agreed to reimburse you by a certain time. Just don't allow her to go to those payday advance places. Then, when the consequences from having gone to those places come around, she'll be asking you for money again.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
      I've found that most of the general population doesn't feel the same way that I do, but here is my opinion:

Who cares about what wheels you have for a meet? Who cares if you're even able to attend a meet? All of that stuff is trivial when it comes to family. It just makes your issues sound whiny. "My boys won't be able to peep my 'illest' sticker game!" Am I saying that's what you're doing? No, not at all. I'm just putting into perspective the importance of prioritizing family over car meet people.

Now, if there are other issues with your mom that warrant not giving her money in the first place, the that's another issue. But, it's been done and you should move on. Just politely remind her that she agreed to reimburse you by a certain time. Just don't allow her to go to those payday advance places. Then, when the consequences from having gone to those places come around, she'll be asking you for money again.
      Makes sense. That's how I'll go about it then. I wasn't really mad to begin with. Idk, I guess I figured my mom knew how much this show meant to me since I've been openly looking forward to it so much. Im not really too bent outa shape though. There will be more meets.

Check out my MRT!

The most unique "modification" these days is a full restoration. Take a 20+ year old Honda and make it look brand new... and it'll be more impressive than the guy with the stock-block turbo and plastidipped steelies.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post

This, But I understand how you could be disappointed.
        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut View Post
          This, But I understand how you could be disappointed.
          Yeah, Im not trying to be petty. It was something that was important to me. Anywho, She was actually able to pay me back last night. My gf is superr scorin points cos shes taking them to have tires mounted haha.

I was actually totally prepared to hit the meet without the wheels. Thanks all.

Check out my MRT!

Comment

lol, id give her the guilt trip and safety excuse. "You want me to drive around with unsafe tires??????????????"
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Money is obviously tight... so if she's not paying you back, I'm sure there's a reason for it.

A few years ago, my boss kinda screwed me over. I had just started my job, and hadn't been able to set any money aside yet (and wasn't used to the inconsistent pay schedule of my job.) I had to borrow $5000 from my stepfather to pay my mortgage and other bills for the money. It took me 4 months to get that money back to him. I felt like an ass. The money was coming in again, but so were the bills.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                Money is obviously tight... so if she's not paying you back, I'm sure there's a reason for it.

A few years ago, my boss kinda screwed me over. I had just started my job, and hadn't been able to set any money aside yet (and wasn't used to the inconsistent pay schedule of my job.) I had to borrow $5000 from my stepfather to pay my mortgage and other bills for the money. It took me 4 months to get that money back to him. I felt like an ass. The money was coming in again, but so were the bills.
                Yeah I totally understand. Ended up going to CAM with the wheels I had. Not a huge deal. I still had fun. Honestly, now that this meets out of the way, I'm not pressed for the money. All worked out alright.

Check out my MRT!

Comment

Meets are all about the people anyway. Even the most impressive cars only hold attention for a few minutes at best. What wheels did you end up wearing at CAM?

Comment

Save your dough why blow it all on just one day to stunt if you don't really got it like that.

Comment

Working...
                    X