Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online Poker is legal once again... and the spammers want to tell us about it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Poker is legal once again... and the spammers want to tell us about it!

Yup. They're back. Spammers galore. I spent the morning battling them in real-time, banning as they registered. I've messed with the human verification settings, which might help for a bit. I'll do more once I'm back at my computer.

In the meantime, please be patient. We're aware, and the moderators have been doing a hell of a job keeping up with the spammers.
    With luck, we'll block those bastards for good soon!

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    Yup. They're back. Spammers galore. I spent the morning battling them in real-time, banning as they registered. I've messed with the human verification settings, which might help for a bit. I'll do more once I'm back at my computer.

In the meantime, please be patient. We're aware, and the moderators have been doing a hell of a job keeping up with the spammers.
    With luck, we'll block those bastards for good soon!
    Gotta make you wonder WHY? There can't be that much money into creating face forum/FB/online accounts to spread some stupid link around so people will click a link and they'll make $0.10. Seems they go through an awful lot of trouble and I doubt its all scripted. Its probably some 3rd world company that pays kids $4 a week to sit there and do this.

Comment

Exactly. At the very least, it creates back links. Increases their google page rank, until Google catches on... Then they email me whining about it (hence the current sig)

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
        Gotta make you wonder WHY? There can't be that much money into creating face forum/FB/online accounts to spread some stupid link around so people will click a link and they'll make $0.10. Seems they go through an awful lot of trouble and I doubt its all scripted. Its probably some 3rd world company that pays kids $4 a week to sit there and do this.
        And in some of these 3 rd world countries $4 is good money.

I have seen a few sites that I used to be a part of that are now spammer sites.

Glad that Deev and the mods are on top of it.
        http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Working...
        X