Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What tourists think of the US

http://travel.yahoo.com/blogs/compas...194949993.html

Found this to be a good, quick read. Being that there are more members joining around the world I'd also be curious on their thoughts and what they may have heard from anyone they know that's visited the US or if they have themselves. Coming from a military family I've seen almost all of Europe and learned a lot about the various cultures (particularly Germany and England since my parents lived there). I'd also be interested in hearing what US members that have traveled abroad thought about different countries they've been to.

Kind of funny hearing what foreigners have to say about the places they went to and it ends up somewhat generalizing the whole country, but every part of the country is different.

The Facebook group

"Did we mention the violence of U.S. toilets? “A veritable swimming pool of water greets you when you open the toilet lid and when you flush, it all goes down the drain in a huge rotating whirlpool.”" - Australian tourist

How does Australia work?

Great article, thanks for sharing!

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Beats me. I thought the water just swirled the other way being in the southern hemisphere.

The Facebook group

Comment

U-S-A!
        U-S-A!

i watched the phillies game against the braves IIRC the day the U.S killed osama. once the whole crowd got the news the USA chants from 40,000+ people brought tears to my eyes. damn right we are proud.

other countries look at us in a cock-eyed fashion and and tilted head for our customs. I think america is the definition of a proper society.

doing the right thing to lead the world by example.

p.s. +1 for us for Australia being impressed and or disturbed by our toilets

-sean
        Last edited by 93twodoorLX; 03-02-2014, 09:39 PM.
        Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
        Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Awesome! Someone posted the Japanese part of that on Facebook the other day, and I commented that I'd like to read more like it from other countries. There it is!

Comment

Working...
          X