Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some of your favorite features that are unique to this site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
    I would have put in the Rules and News thread but that's just me.
    Good point... though honestly, how many people do you think read anything in there?

Comment

i like the site itself, that's all
      http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        Good point... though honestly, how many people do you think read anything in there?
        Only the important ones, which is all that matters.
        '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
        If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Color Scheme - easy on the eyes

Beginner regulations - keeps out the riff raff

Rules (or rather the enforcement of rules) - so many forums don't enforce their own rules. thus, chaos ensues.

Respect - whether it be for different platforms or just being courteous to newbs, it really helps breed a sense of...

...COMMUNITY! - Nothing like the CB family. Ya'll are great! seriously..

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

It isn't something on this forum but something I would love to see is a like button on posts. So many times I wish I could just hit like when someone posts something that I like or agree with rather than having to actually quote them and and say hey I like this. Also with a like button instead of the rep system people can't use it to flame people.

Comment

Members ride and AOM/Y sections. Also love the for sale section has regions! So.Cal helps me so much!
              1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
              For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

Search button that actually yields answers
                Originally posted by wed3k
                im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                  The easiest hands down on the eyes, and I've traversed 1000s of forums and I'm a member on quite a few forums like most here.
                  ABSOLUTELY. my Aspie forum just "updated" their lay out and OMG it is so blindingly bright, this one is so much easier to see and read because of the dark colors.
                  1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
                  1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
                  1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
                  1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

like everyone says the color scheme is great, the way the letters pop out from contrast to the black background make reading alot easier. other forums are blinding at night with white boxes. cd5tuner hurts my eyes.

one thing i'd like to see that would help a ton, is some more focus on the search system. atleast in the DIY section. IIRC the thread maker can only add 5 tags (maybe my membership is just limited). personally i think that's good from my experience of "hashtag whoring" from social sites, you end up linked to something not even related just for the sake of views. i would make it where, through approval of moderators, that mods themself can add additional tags that are suitable to make searches more relevant. i see how this can be bad though, thread creation in beginner's sec are probably in the millions so the results would be plenty. that's why something more prestigious and non-question related like the DIY sec would be nice.

also to add that when a useful DIY is made that the images be stored on site so that if the original source somehow gets deleted by creator we can still view it. i've came across on cd5 where Deeve had a battle/misunderstanding with a member and he deleted his post. everyone is now suffering lol. maybe that might be pushing copyright stuff, morally not legally since we still have freedom of internet til the gubmint strips us of that, but still.

probably bandwidth problems are restricting this.

seems like i talked more about suggestions sorry. however i do love the hospitality of the site. a bunch of members that are easy to get along with. probably comes along with the chassis we're attracted to. if it was a bunch of ego'd out mustang owners on a forum all it would be is a muscle match (no offense to owners). but the members are really helpful whether it be info giving or through generous sales in classifieds. i only feel bad for the new members gettin flamed by the search nazis.
                    RIP '91 LX.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      One of my favorite features (and one that we strive to maintain) is the format of the Members' Rides section. A feature that was put in place long before I was even a moderator. I love that at a glance, you can see who owns what. It also makes searching that section very easy!
                      The format for the titles is actually something that has annoyed me when I go searching for specific ideas. It makes sense to require the member's name, but I'd rather it be _____'s Coupe or _____'s Wagon, since there's no significant difference between the model years. It'd be way too much of a hassle to fix though, so don't mind me.

Otherwise, I didn't think this place had any features that haven't been done before. Obviously different owners will have different ideas about keeping things under control, but that's not a "feature" . The people here are the best though.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Have you thought of using the GMail API for email? It's safe it I think it would work really well here
                        The CB7 Collector.
                        Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                        92 LX Coupe F22A1
                        2013 Toyota Corolla S
                        92 EX Sedan F22A1
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

I really wasn't looking for suggestions on how to improve things... just comments on existing features that you like. Suggestions for improvements is kinda, ya know, the opposite of that!

I know things aren't perfect. Some of that is due to the original design, some of it is due to the limitations of the software, some of it is due to the limitations of the site's owner I don't want to risk the stability of this forum by adding a bunch of junk to it. Also, storing ANYTHING on our server (images especially) will drastically increase the bandwidth usage... which will drastically increase the cost of operating this site.

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                          The format for the titles is actually something that has annoyed me when I go searching for specific ideas. It makes sense to require the member's name, but I'd rather it be _____'s Coupe or _____'s Wagon, since there's no significant difference between the model years. It'd be way too much of a hassle to fix though, so don't mind me.

Otherwise, I didn't think this place had any features that haven't been done before. Obviously different owners will have different ideas about keeping things under control, but that's not a "feature" . The people here are the best though.
                          Agreed on the MR section in terms of coupe/sedan/wagon. The mods and I once discussed changing everything to reflect that, but we decided it'd be far too much work!
                          Though aside from some body mods, most ideas can translate well to any of the three.

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
                          Have you thought of using the GMail API for email? It's safe it I think it would work really well here
                          That might be worth looking into.

Comment

i like how i can search for what's wrong with my cb . then scroll down and search for my wife's car in other automotive section .
                            this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
                            How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
                            Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

The OA section surprises me at times. I don't realize how extensive it's become!

Comment

this is a very nice forum and deserves more respected then a lot of people give it. and i give you most of the credit .
                                this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
                                How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
                                Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Working...
                                X