why are they so hard to find!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why are they so hard to find!

been lookin for a CB all month and can't find a decent one within 400 miles of my location. decent meaning, 2 door in alright condition, years 1992 or 1993 cuz i don't wanna deal with auto belts no more, and in my price range. was being picky at first looking for 92 specific being that's my birth year and haven't even came across a 93. and then i hear all these magical stories about members finding their car for $400 and envy kicks.

how many active members don't own a 4th gen on here anymore? i'm part of your club
    RIP '91 LX.

I don't own one anymore either. Just an EP3 and a CD5
    I wake up in the morning and piss excellence!

Comment

i've seen the ep, nice car man. we have a cd5 as a family car and my cb7 felt way better handling/driving wise, i wonder if anyone feels that way.

you lookin for a cb yourself or you out the game for now?
      RIP '91 LX.

Comment

Thanks buddy.

I'm out for now tho, sold both cb7's but they are everywhere here. Only problem is 99% of them are rust buckets.
        I wake up in the morning and piss excellence!

Comment

Young

Keep looking and one will pop up
          http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

I haven't had one in almost 7 years.

The reason you're having trouble is you're looking for a 22 year old car that isn't particularly beloved outside of our small group following. Eventually people who own them are either trading them in for new cars (and they'll end up at the junkyard) or they're going to come across a very expensive repair and give up (and once again end up in the junkyard).

Anything in the northern US has rusted back to the earth by now.

Comment

i dont own one for many reasons.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I own mine because I want to.
                http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

sometimes you have to save basket cases..depends how involved you want to get. But when I have money and theyre decent bodywise I save them. Got a 92 LX with a thrown rod for 400 bucks when initially I saw the ad for parts and was going to take its interior, got to talking and its clean and unmolested besides the engine having a fist sized hole, so i made the kid a sweet deal and had it towed home. depends how bad you want it and what kind of energy you want to expend..but dont expect to just find a turn key easily except in rare cases. This old ladys husband died, had a 93 accord with like 40K miles been garaged about 8 years since the old man couldnt drive and she couldnt either..500 bucks, but it was swooped up almost instantaneously =\

Comment

CB7s are restoration projects now. Even the ones in good shape are going to need a good deal of reconditioning to be truly good. If the body is straight and rust-free, the paint is still shiny, and the interior isn't worn, faded, or torn, then that's a great start. Suspension components will likely need to be replaced, a number of engine components may be on the way out, and the transmissions are likely going to be pretty worn out.

Comment

I was looking for one myself too couldn't find one so I went and got an so. Atleast IM vtecd up nownow.

Comment

h22sparkle, i think you're so fast of a speed demon that your typing can't keep up. i've read posts of yours and can't understand what you're saying lol...

and yeah i know they are starting to get pretty rare and they ARE gonna be a restoration project when you find em considering their age. speaking of rarity i found one in Pueblo, CO with only 71k original miles for $2950 and it's pretty clean. just won't get it cuz it'll hurt my funds that i have saved for this motor build. something i just found out, cb7's are listed on NADA and their value is about 5k.

i'm already precognitive about what i'm gettin into that's why i don't mind some damaged goods. as a matter of fact i've been lookin for one with a lil bit of hurt, not only to diminish the price a couple hundred, but because i plan on an extensive rebuild to get the car way past it's factory performance potential. how i've been lookin at it is, why buy OEM suspension bushings when something stronger and better (ENERGY/PROTHANE) can be had at about the same price. upgrades anyway are usually around the same price of original equipment replacements but come with the added benefits.
                        RIP '91 LX.

Comment

Bought my 93 coupe for $500. It had a knocking engine but everything else was fine. It has minimal body damage so I wasn't too upset with my purchase. You just have to look. It took my MONTHS to find a coupe within 100 miles of me. Then it took an even longer time to find a coupe with ivory interior. And I was searching for an EX because I LOVE sunroofs but I had no luck with any EX coupes with ivory interior.

Only coupes were 9091s (which I am a huge fan of) that had maroon interior (which I hate) and they were all manual and I wanted an auto because sport button.

But keep looking...even look a little outside your area. It's gonna be hard to find a CB7 in any year and especially coupes. For some reason it seems like those are getting very hard to find.

Comment

Go to AZ, tons of rust free ones here waiting to be picked. I got my DD for 700 and it came w/ new tires, alt, ps pump, distributor, pioneer radio w/ speakers, guy threw in extra tweeters and a full tank of gas.

member's ride thread
                            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                            91 Accord SE 176k
                            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

There are still tons of great $400 finds out there... Don't expect to get a 22 year old car without having issues to deal with.

I paid 1800 for my current and 1200 for my first, both of which were rust free and have only small dents/scratches. Last time I went to a junkyard I found so many body panels in great condition.
                              Now I wish I would've bought a $400 rust bucket and pieced together all of the panels I needed from a JY. Could've spent less overall and would've had a super clean CB (after paint).

Parts cars are also pretty easy to find right now, should be even easier for someone in Texas.

RIP my last two CB7s.
                              New rides:
                              '82 Volvo 245 drift project
                              '87 Volvo 244 daily
                              Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

Working...
                              X