I Need Inspiration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Need Inspiration

someone give me some inspiration to keep my car!!

Originally posted by scudweiser
    i farted while i was getting head once, i was drunk.

Do a search for the word "regret"... and find all the threads made by people that have sold their cars and now regret it!

Comment

You would be selling one of the most reliable , durable , lowest cost vehicle possible.

You essentially owe it to your car to keep it. The next person that buys it will not appreciate it at all and will junk it the second the master relay needs changing.

Comment

thats true. i need pics too though

Comment

we cannot inspire you, you need to inspire yourself however my inspiration for my vw stems from the best looking corrados that i know are about 25k to build.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

What inspiration did you get to get rid of if?
            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

i dont know, ive just seen other cars that look nicer and im just not happy with it yet. ill have all the money to do pretty much everything i want to do to it in feb, but ive had 4 of them and im getting the itch to try out another platform. i know theyre reliable and they're the best car for the money pretty much, but i just feel like im not getting anywhere with it. ive been thinking about getting something german, i really want another e46 or, dare i say it, a volkswagen, but theyre not half as reliable as my cb. or cheap to fix.

Comment

I empathize with you, OP. But... It took me 4 years to go from stock to where I am now. You have to look at it over the long haul.
                However, though I staunchly defend the sanity of restoring/modding my 20 y/o baby girl- I have been smacked with a few hard truths.
                1. I can restore her, but my the time I finish I will have spent as much as I would pay for a newer, more lux car. (5000ish)
                2. That by the time I have spent that money and time to finish the job, it will be time to replace the first parts in my restoration.

However, the fact that this particular time in Honda production was so easy for the DIY mech- and that so many of these cars are still on the road, however shitty their condition, means that parts should be able to be gleaned for a long while yet.

There are times when I feel hopeless about my girl. She has a LOT of small issues that add up to a BIG pain in my ass (and wallet).
                Then, I stroll through pics of some of the BEAUTIFUL rides that exist in the CB community... and I feel the love return.

Man, if you can't hang, ya can't hang. Knowing when to quit is not cowardly, its wise.
                Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

I feel ya. Having the same car multiple times. I used to be big into ford probes, at one time owning 14 of them in 4 years. I had every part, paint and mod to build my dream car. I was so bad, I wanted a hatch without defrost. I bought a whole car for just the hatch. I got burned out and sold everything. Looking back I wish I would of kept it. Knowing now that I was so close to what I wanted and just let it go. It would take years to start over again now.

But on the flip side, my very first car...my 65 tbird is sitting in my back yard. I haven't drove the car since 1995 when I had my permit. I've drug it all across the country with me, and it still makes me happy to go wrench on it

I've got a good friend who has never sold a project. Everyone is in aww when they walk in his garage. Bagged 95 SS impala, body dropped c-10 truck, custom built chopper, body dropped 55 crown Vic. Everyone thinks he's a baller, and he just tells you. Buy one, build it, throw it in the garage and repeat. Where I've had 100+ cars, he's had 6
                  Last edited by Soufkackicustom; 10-20-2013, 10:48 PM.

Comment

i know, i couldn't justify getting rid of my girl. i love this chassis and especially the car i have now. now that im finally making decent money, ill be able to achieve my goals easily, but with more money comes more expenses. im just over thinking things with the car. im content with what i have. i just cant let my fantasies overtake reality.

Comment

its all about pacing yourself and not getting burnt out. i only drive my VW 6 months out of the year. the other 6 months is stored and i use that time to accumulate parts. it's nice because at the end of 6 months of driving it, i get sick of it and at the end of 6 months of storage, im itching to get back in it so bad that im willing to make ends meet at any cost (whether it is freeing up a space or getting rid of another car for cheap)

Right now im turning down side work just to put wilwood brakes on it. In my defense, all my parts have been sitting in my room for over half a year lol
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Even if you are making good money why sell the car that got you to that point? For me I bought into a CB7 because I wanted something different. I had civics, del sols, Integras and even S2Ks but those are all so overly done. An older Accord in my area attracts less attention and flies under the radar. Yes, a newer car can be nicer but why not let yourself have a toy car like me and if you do end up getting something newer, it'll give you a reason to hide out in your garage and take it out when you get that itch.

Comment

I have contemplated sellling mine too at one point. But here is my inspiration:

I love my car. It has been the most reliable car ive owned . She is also unique. Plenty of them are still on the road today but very few are given the attention and love like we give them. I got to car meets and im the only cb accord there. Everybody else rocks the newer accords now. I wanna show that my old lady still has her charm, her poise.
                          My best friend went to a car show and won his first trophy with his mk2 jetta. I was so damn excited. I remember i forced him to buy the car because of its potential. Both bumpers were on the roof. Now 2 years later its a daily driven show queen that he rebuilt himself from the ground up with oem parts no expense spared. He has inspired me and has challenged me to see if we can get our queens into First Class Fitment 2014. Cb7s are scarce and you may spend the money on fixing it, but the journey to the ultimate car is well worth it.

Comment

depending on how long you've had your car, it maybe time to move onto something else. no i'm not encouraging you to get rid of you CB, but maybe help see why you're loosing interest in you car. CB's are reliable and some what fun to mess with but after modding cars for 13yrs, i still havent come across a vehicle that i truely feel that i would keep forever and put all my time, money and effort into it.
                            FRIENDS
                            DONT LET
                            FRIENDS
                            ROLL ON
                            ROTA'S

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              Do a search for the word "regret"... and find all the threads made by people that have sold their cars and now regret it!
                              that would be nice if we could search right now

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Working...
                              X