No announcement yet.

looking for a new vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

honestly with 2gs its not going to get far unless the car is at the end of its rope then you have to put more into it than what its worth. honestly I would just stack up a Lil more cash on top and you should be straight.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      I'm curious about the Millenia. Basically, it was intended to be Mazda's entry into the luxury market under their stillborn Cosmo brand. Essentially, it's Mazda's competitor to the Lexus ES.
      They sell for pretty cheap these days, and I've seen some beater Millenias in surprisingly good condition. The Millenia S has a fancy twin screw supercharger, superior to the basic roots blowers found on most other factory supercharged vehicles (still makes pretty pathetic power... but it's cool nonetheless.)

Actually Deev Cosmo was one of Mazdas vehicles. The brand you're thinking of is Amati which never took off.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
        honestly with 2gs its not going to get far unless the car is at the end of its rope then you have to put more into it than what its worth. honestly I would just stack up a Lil more cash on top and you should be straight.
        If he looks hard enough he'll find a really good car for 2gs. Hell he could get a mint SC400 not the 300, the V8 model for just a little over 2gs.

Comment

Buddy ended up talking me into a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. Got it for under a grand. Needs some things to make it good but definitely cant complain.
          1996 Honda Shadow VT1100C

Sold
          1993 Honda Accord 10th Ann

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow91 View Post
            Buddy ended up talking me into a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. Got it for under a grand. Needs some things to make it good but definitely cant complain.
            Is it the one with the 5.2L V8 or I6? Some ZJ limited models came with the I6 and no 4wd. If it came with the 5.2L V8 you need to carefully watch and maintain that engine. It's not as reliable as the 4.0 I6.

If it has 4wd which would be quadra-trac you can disconnect the front driveshaft for improved fuel economy. OR you can swap out your full time system for the NP-242 4wd system which is a part time system. You can select between 2wd, 4wd Hi, and 4wd low.

I have that system in my ZJ. Works flawlessly and is A LOT better than the Quadra trac system which causes unneeded wear on some of the suspension parts.

You have a VIC display at the bottom of your dash right in front of the gear shifter. It will throw random codes and tell you things like "tail light out" even when you don't have one. Ultimately most of us jeep people just rip them out or disconnect them. They'll burn themselves out anyway. They come in handy at times though. If it ever tells you your coolant is low, it's usually right on the money and there is a leak somewhere or something else is failing. If you ever want to replace it. It's almost $400 from a Jeep dealer. Thank God my Laredo has the GDU instead of that lol.

If anything ever fails on your jeep or need help with something, got a few questions, just hit me up. I know my shit when it comes to the ZJ lol
            Last edited by ThatOneAccord; 10-16-2013, 02:30 PM.

Comment

personally, id love a XJ with the inline 6 and part time 4wd. interiors are comfy and cozy. that would be my alternative to my forester.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneAccord View Post
                Is it the one with the 5.2L V8 or I6? Some ZJ limited models came with the I6 and no 4wd. If it came with the 5.2L V8 you need to carefully watch and maintain that engine. It's not as reliable as the 4.0 I6.

If it has 4wd which would be quadra-trac you can disconnect the front driveshaft for improved fuel economy. OR you can swap out your full time system for the NP-242 4wd system which is a part time system. You can select between 2wd, 4wd Hi, and 4wd low.

I have that system in my ZJ. Works flawlessly and is A LOT better than the Quadra trac system which causes unneeded wear on some of the suspension parts.

You have a VIC display at the bottom of your dash right in front of the gear shifter. It will throw random codes and tell you things like "tail light out" even when you don't have one. Ultimately most of us jeep people just rip them out or disconnect them. They'll burn themselves out anyway. They come in handy at times though. If it ever tells you your coolant is low, it's usually right on the money and there is a leak somewhere or something else is failing. If you ever want to replace it. It's almost $400 from a Jeep dealer. Thank God my Laredo has the GDU instead of that lol.

If anything ever fails on your jeep or need help with something, got a few questions, just hit me up. I know my shit when it comes to the ZJ lol
                Its got the 4.0 I6 in it and 4WD quadatrac. I bought it needing a lot of TLC but feel like i got it for the right price.. Just spent 400 today alone on putting a new cat, o2 sensor and a flowmaster on it.. But she is running a bit better now.. lol

Got it without the front driveline in it too.. SUPPOSEDLY it was taken out because of better ''MPG's'' but wouldnt doubt the VC is bad in the transfer, if it is the case i'll just do the tcase swap and call it a day..

And yeah, i have 'bad tail lights and a bad coolant sensor' according to the VIC but i'll rip it all apart and resolder all the joints and hope i fix it.. Other then that tho really, i need a valve cover gasket (badly) and to get the key fob programed to the car (luckily I work for Toyota, in which the owner just happens to own a jeep store too )

Only issue i have that i havent gotten to yet is, when it sits and idles, or in heavy traffic, it starts to get hot.. it will go up to about 230 (thats the highest i have let it get too so far) and wont cool down until i start moving good again.. What do you think the issue is there? fan clutch? tstat? clogged radiator? or waterpump?

I love this thing tho.. Not to found of 15 mpg's but i'll live. everything else makes it worth it. lol

You know if i can get the steering wheel controls to work with an aftermarket radio?
                1996 Honda Shadow VT1100C

Sold
                1993 Honda Accord 10th Ann

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow91 View Post
                  Its got the 4.0 I6 in it and 4WD quadatrac. I bought it needing a lot of TLC but feel like i got it for the right price.. Just spent 400 today alone on putting a new cat, o2 sensor and a flowmaster on it.. But she is running a bit better now.. lol

Got it without the front driveline in it too.. SUPPOSEDLY it was taken out because of better ''MPG's'' but wouldnt doubt the VC is bad in the transfer, if it is the case i'll just do the tcase swap and call it a day..

And yeah, i have 'bad tail lights and a bad coolant sensor' according to the VIC but i'll rip it all apart and resolder all the joints and hope i fix it.. Other then that tho really, i need a valve cover gasket (badly) and to get the key fob programed to the car (luckily I work for Toyota, in which the owner just happens to own a jeep store too )

Only issue i have that i havent gotten to yet is, when it sits and idles, or in heavy traffic, it starts to get hot.. it will go up to about 230 (thats the highest i have let it get too so far) and wont cool down until i start moving good again.. What do you think the issue is there? fan clutch? tstat? clogged radiator? or waterpump?

I love this thing tho.. Not to found of 15 mpg's but i'll live. everything else makes it worth it. lol

You know if i can get the steering wheel controls to work with an aftermarket radio?
                  You got a great combination. My friend's jeep is a limited with the I6. I have the lower Laredo with an I6 and Selec Trac 4wd. The Quadra Trac system can be more of a head ache in the long run. It's full time so that's more wear on tires too. Probably another reason why they disconnected the front driveshaft.

Sounds like you might have a sticky thermostat. My cavalier actually does this when I'm sitting in drive thrus. I would also check the coolant. The I6 has never given me problems 230k on the clock and still ticking. Is your fan running when the car idles? I know the VIC will lie sometimes but it's usually right on the money when it says bad coolant. Sense you know the VIC is telling you wrong information resoldering usually fixes the problem. Chrysler did a terrible wiring job on these jeeps.

My friend just replaced her radio in her ZJ with an aftermarket unit. The steering wheel controls no longer work in her jeep. I haven't heard of anyone getting the controls to work with the aftermarket stereos. The way the wiring is set up, doesn't seem to allow it. You might have to get a steering wheel adapter and splice the wires into the aftermarket unit.

Here's a link that's for steering wheel adapters so you can use the wheel controls http://www.crutchfield.com/S-bfLHynu...X.html?tp=3405

I've kept my stock head unit to avoid this. The infinity gold head unit in your jeep is really good. Just upgrade the speakers. I replaced my crappy OEM head unit for the OEM head unit out of the Limited.

You should also look into JeepForum.com I have an account with them (never need to use it lol) and they can help a lot too. They have specific sub forums for every jeep made lol. So you can also get plenty of help in the ZJ forum over there.

Comment

check the fan clutch. i almost overheated my rebuilt 3.slow in my 4runner because of a fan clutch
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                    X